Ender's Game - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ender's Game Reviews

January 15, 2017
I've just read the book and seen the film. I honestly can't understand how a movie like Enders game gets a lower score than Star Wars Rogue One.. Rogue One is full of story issues. Ender's game is not perfect, but it follows the book very well (some things are cut and a few things changed only slightly) and it trully delivers on the story. For me it's one of the best movies i've seen this decade.. I trully recommend any SciFi fan to both read the book and watch the movie. If you really love SciFi the only thing that you may be dissapointed is the same thing.. how the f**k can this movie be a box office bomb and SW Rogue one a block buster ? (There are many other "top" movies who are extremelly weak if you look at the story and how it [doesn't] makes sense.. )
½ January 14, 2017
I thought this one was pretty good as a family movie and entertaining with a good cast
½ December 30, 2016
According to this website people who like this movie also enjoyed "Quigley Down Under," "The Mask of Zoro," and "Space Cowboys." Yeah. That makes sense to me. The movie was rushed and totally missed the point of the Hugo Award winning novel. Zero character development. Just. Ack. I have to stop I'm getting sad. This movie is why people don't respect SF.
December 30, 2016
Boring and pointless to watch. A waste of time!!!
December 30, 2016
One of the most disappointing adaptions of any novel during my lifetime.
½ December 21, 2016
The first half is almost unbearable but the ending makes up for it.
December 11, 2016
Sort of Harry Potter in space. I'm not the target demographic and bits of it didn't make a whole lot of sense, but there was some interesting stuff in there...
½ December 11, 2016
Decent background viewing while doing something else - but nothing that's likely to stick in my memory.
½ December 4, 2016
Favorite book, turned in to a movie. I thought the director and cast did a fine job. Memorable indeed.
November 25, 2016
A very nice sci-fi movie. I liked it
½ November 13, 2016
Really good but such a weird ending, makes you think there should be a second movie, but they've not made one, so it just feels unfinished.
October 17, 2016
Very entertaining! Great cast...
½ September 28, 2016
Not a bad adaptation. Wish they'd make a couple other books in that series into movies.
½ September 14, 2016
Probably popular for teens, not to my liking though.
½ September 11, 2016
All this 'special one', "thoroughbred" unfounded bollocks. Should just be a video game
September 8, 2016
It can be said first of all that the movie does not follow very closely to the book at all, it was still a very pleasing experience, as it's story while still a diverging one, was very captivating, as were the characters involved. The special effects were quite obviously well worked and detailed, along with a very well written soundtrack.
½ August 28, 2016
Disappointing adaptation of the Sci-Fi novel. While the special effects are pretty decent, especially the zero G training has some interesting scenes you haven't seen like that before. And while there are great names among the adult actors, most of the kids just do not work. It's also the script's fault that they come across as brats, especially the main character. Everything just works out miraculously for him, chosen one and all that jazz. Sure, there is a pretty dark twist later one and the ideas that come from that make for an interesting ending, turning a lot of the military bravado from earlier on its head, but by then it's too late: you don't care about anything happening on the screen for a while already.
August 24, 2016
Good movie, but if read the book you may be a little disapointed. The battles scenes are awesome. Worth watching on the big screen.
½ August 21, 2016
A fascist Sci-Fi world with child soldiers trained as cannon fodder. What could possibly be more beautiful? Watch any old Enterprise film and you have made a better investment of your time.
August 14, 2016
I Love Ender's Game It's an interesting Science Fiction Film with every ability to create a great film, I love almost every single one of the cast except one problem is Ben Kingsley does his New Zealand accent badly, Everything Else was a fun league of experience, The Story was well made and the CGI was Beautiful.

Score: 7.5/10