Ender's Game Reviews

• 13h ago

This was a total mess. OSC should be ashamed as should the producer. this was junk, bad acting and alot of plot points in the book were missed.

• 2d ago

It was amazing!!! Directly represents the book and hits all the feels. It is a must see!

• Nov 16, 2019

I watched the movie right after reading the book, but I was sorely disappointed. I know that making a film adaptation for a book such as Ender's Game can be quite difficult, but the film changed far too many good and emotional scenes from the book, not to mention the characters and their interactions with Ender. They made Ender meet the important characters all at once when really they helped him at different points of his life in different situations. I felt as if the story went way too fast—there was no room for character development. While it's understandable to cut scenes from the book, there was a whole part of Ender that they didn't include. The film failed to show Ender's struggle of being forced to grow up so fast and an important scene from after the final battle (and right before it, I believe), when Ender finally loses it and can't tell reality from dream anymore. It's an important scene that reminds us that Ender may be superhumanly intelligent but at the end of the day, he's still an eleven year old boy. When Ender is enraged about being used into destroying the whole bugger race, the audience can't empathize with him as they could've with the book because they don't know Ender's compassionate nature at heart. They don't know the struggle he had for being a Third or the impact on his mental health from the isolation. They don't know the strange view Graff had on Ender, loving him but finding it necessary to hurt him for the good of the human race, nor the respect he had for Mazer, the hero being the only person he met that could possibly outsmart him. I could go on and on because Ender is a very complex character and the film didn't portray that well. It did it's best, but it wasn't enough. Kudos for trying, but I would want to see a better adaptation of Ender's Game in the future.

• Oct 17, 2019

Really an underrated movie...

Really an underrated movie...

• Oct 12, 2019

Missed opportunities but still quite watchable.

Missed opportunities but still quite watchable.

• Oct 06, 2019

I really enjoyed this film. Although in all fairness, I really liked the book, so I was biased going in. Ender is a boy genius that is recruited into a war to save Earth from bugs. There is a lot going on here - it feels like the movie is a bit rushed, but the actors all do a decent job, and the battle scenes are well done. My one real complaint - and this is with the Ender series of books as well - especially the sequels - the constant moral hand wringing. Ender wasn't just grabbed off the street. He was a recruit. He was trained. He wanted to be there. So at the end, he gives an impassioned speech about how it was wrong to make him kill, he will be known as a genocide, blah blah. And the major is all worried about 'putting the kids back together again'. Seriously? If humanity felt an existential threat - one far greater than the Nazis or Japanese could bring to bear, would humanity not demonize the enemy? Hand-wringing is for armchair quarterbacks after the threat is past. This is also why the sequels won't be made.

• Oct 04, 2019

Melhor filme. Gostoso até de repetir

Melhor filme. Gostoso até de repetir

• Aug 31, 2019

Read the book! The movie is so far away and the characters don't resemble their counterparts, except in name. I'm hopeful that someday, this movie will be re-made, because the story is a genuine science fiction classic. Of course, the studios still haven't gotten Dune right, Or Startship Troopers, so who knows?

• Aug 27, 2019

Even if it wasn't based on the superior book, it still wouldn't be very good.

Even if it wasn't based on the superior book, it still wouldn't be very good.

• Aug 19, 2019

I was bit confused with the plot.

I was bit confused with the plot.