Escape Plan - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Escape Plan Reviews

June 18, 2017
Encontro de Titãs. Para indiscriminado amantes de filmes de ação, Escape Plan vai ser um enorme sucesso. Para o resto de nós, e só mas algo sem sentido nessa vida confusa. Não é justo ver Rocky e O Exterminador perdidos dentro de uma mesmo roteiro, e outra vez, assim como em filmes de ação a história nunca faz sentido, a história tem como objetivo a multidão Neanderthal.
May 3, 2017
Probably would have been better if it was made 30 years ago.
April 4, 2017
Mixing a whole lot of good a slightly lower amount of bad, Escape Plan is a big fun action movie as long as you don't think about it too much. Honestly, my only big complaint is that the finale feels like it was written with the book Action Cliches of the 80's (not a real book) sitting open. Besides that, the film boasts Stallone and Schwarzenegger who, while past their prime physically, both have enough acting talent to compensate. It also features them doing the two things I've always wanted to see them do; fight each other and work together. Combine that with a solid premise and well-written dialogue and you've got a fun popcorn film that doesn't need to make you think to entertain you.
½ March 23, 2017
Pretty good, I liked this one.
March 6, 2017
Sly and Arnie team up once more as they try to breakout of a prison that no one has escaped from. Vinnie Jones is in this as well. best to warn you.
February 27, 2017
An interesting concept, I thought... but it had difficulties figuring out what kind of movie it wanted to be- started out a bit of a police drama, then tried to be a thriller, and decided to finish as an action. The pace was a bit slow, and the plot a little tedious at times. Also wasn't very slick.
February 22, 2017
Purchased this movie on Blu-ray for cheap, not expecting much. My only expectation was to enjoy some over the top cheap action thrills.
Unfortunately for me, the movie couldn't even meet the lowest bar set.

Now honestly, there is no judgement on the acting. And as far as plot, as long as it makes sense and is cohesive, I'm okay with it. it's Slyvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger, they're mostly known for brawn. So again, that should be easy to convey. but it isn't. Action scenes consist of shotty editing and quick cuts and everything in between feels slow and boring. it's not just a movie that's past its time, it's a movie that shouldn't have happened. Keeping these two powerhouse action icons limited to a prison is a mistake from the get go.

Final verdict I guess is to skip it. Action fans, Stallone fans, Schwarzenegger fans...I don't think anyone is going to walk away satisfied.
February 19, 2017
If only this were an 80s/early 90s movie.
½ February 6, 2017
If you're at all interested in a prison break movie starring Stallone and Schwarzenegger in their late 60s, then have I got a movie for you! Escape Plan is a silly concept that actually makes for a relatively fun movie. I like stories where people have to slowly work to formulate a plan, get all the right people involved, and then execute it taking into account all the roadblocks that will be thrown in their way. That's kind of how Escape Plan felt, but they didn't fully clue you into the plan until it was underway. I liked the setup for the film and how they justify Stallone's presence in the jail (no matter how silly it seems in reality.) Caviezel was great as the passionate warden who can be downright evil if he needs to be. There are also a number of other great actors who get small roles in the film and totally make the most of them. However it all boils down to the big names that sit above the title on the poster. Stallone really came to play with a lot of physical work in the fights, and his signature big acting moments. Schwarzenegger is less comfortable with the physical stuff, but he delivers a charming character performance with enough intrigue to make you wonder what is going on in that head. Obviously this movie isn't a masterpiece, it's predictable, cheesy in parts, and has a ridiculous premise. Yet if you know that going in, and are just looking for a good time I think Escape Plan delivers relatively well.
½ January 14, 2017
Solid action flick. Sly and Arnie are great (obvs).
January 13, 2017
The beginning and the first breakout is actually rather fun. But soon we know exactly what will happen: Breakout tester Stallone gets screwed over and ends up in the proverbial unbreakable jail. His team-up with Schwarzenegger there is surprisingly unspectacular. It doesn't help that the plot relies on a lot of coincidence, suspension of disbelief or horrid planning by the bad guys. The action packed finale can't really pull the ship around. I fear it's time to phase the fact that you get better results watching reruns from the former action stars.
January 7, 2017
Not brilliant, but worth a look for those who want to see Stallone and Schwarzenegger together in the same (improbable) story.
December 30, 2016
It's good movie to watch
December 17, 2016
after only seeing a few Stalone and schwarzenegger films..it was fun action movie...although not a blockbuster..what do you expect..thanks channel4uk
½ October 20, 2016
muy buena y entretenida. Excelente cuota de acción.
October 9, 2016
Sly and Arnie together again , pretty enjoyeble movie , intelectuely to ...also me like Prison-movies !
Half a star more by the second time watching !! SOMDVD
½ September 24, 2016
This pairing of the two 80's action legends was surprisingly enjoyable, with a few good plot twists. The action scenes are rather choppy and sometimes over-the-top, but that's to be expected of Arnold and Sly.
August 13, 2016
A much better theme than many action flicks though predictable.
August 12, 2016
Watchable. Has a couple of good Ah-nold teases.
½ August 9, 2016
An enjoyable hollwood action movie that is fun while lasts but you'll probably have forgotten it within a week. A more imaginative ending would certainly have been likey to add an extra half star to my rating.