Final Destination - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Destination Reviews

June 16, 2017
If your expecting super gore like they have in the 4 sequels, you won't get that. This film is great. It's suspenseful without being too violent. If you want to see the Final Destination films but don't like violence, check this one out. The acting was great in this film. The soundtrack was also chilling. Seann William Scott's death is my favorite out of all the ones in this film. If you like horror/thrillers, check this one out.

Rating: 8.2/10
½ June 11, 2017
A great story I love the concept. This movies idea alone is enough to make you love it. It may not have an outstanding cast but I promise you if you put Jake Gyllenhaal in this lead role people would love it even more.
Regardless I love this movie.
½ May 20, 2017
This film had a definitely inserting concept, that a group of teens who have "cheated" death after abruptly departing an airplane that ends up exploding upon takeoff, who then find themselves fighting for their lives as death stalks them in the form of a series of elaborate fatal and/or near fatal accidents and mishaps (ranging from seemingly simple bathroom slip and falls, to downed power lines, to elaborate car and train sequences). The film was written and directed by "X-Files" veterans Glen Morgan and James Wong, so from a technical standpoint, it's a well crafted film with excitement, suspense, and thrills. However, I'm not sure the film's premiss was enough to sustain a feature length film. It also doesn't help that the characters are not all that interesting, though it is kind of fun to see a young Ali Larter. Overall, this film this lacked story and characters to sustain itself, but the elaborate death sequences were interesting and suspenseful enough to hold my interest and make the film worth watching.
½ April 23, 2017
In an attempt to showcase death itself as the true antagonist of horror, unrealistic gore and uninspired, predictable plotting overwhelm the promising setup and thought-provoking message Final Destination has to offer, squandering an intriguing concept for a unique franchise as a result.
March 20, 2017
But if you don't die in the plane explosion -- doesn't that mean you weren't meant to die? Therefore Death won't be stalking you. Which in turn means this film is rather pointless
February 23, 2017
"A guilty pleasure for everyone to enjoy, not matter who you are."
½ February 2, 2017
3.5/5 A fun movie that kicks off a fun series. Devon Sawa is excellent, which can't be said for the rest of the cast. It's not scary at all, but it is tense and a lot of fun.
½ January 31, 2017
It's good horror movie
½ January 18, 2017
This movie can be a little predictable, but its great cast and the original story are enough to forget that. Final Destination tries to transmit the message that all of we have a destiny and that we can't escape to it, but this attempt to transmit the message is destroyed by its weak screenplay, because all of we know that the water won't follow a specific path on the floor escaping to the laws of physic. Interesting.
½ January 8, 2017
A horror movie with out horror and with bland as hell characters Final Destination is a pile of bull.
December 28, 2016
not a bad movie, but entertaining for reasons not entirely intended: it's not so much a horror/thriller as much as it's a dark comedy. seriously, the story is goofy, the setups chiché, and the actin only on par. on the other hand, if you go into this movie expecting a laugh, you probably won't get much out of it either. still, it's at least entertaining.
December 19, 2016
fun horror movie with some great scenes and a cool premise. there is some cheesiness and some random signs that seem irrelevant but still enjoyable. (about 3 viewings)
½ November 30, 2016
Glen Morgan and James Wong, two of the best X-Files writers, did a fantastic job in this excellent, clever and original teen horror movie that has an intriguing premise and knows how to build genuine tension, especially in the nerve-wracking sequence that opens it.
½ November 22, 2016
Eh it's okay, not bad not great. 2 and a half stars.
½ November 19, 2016
Exhilarating, well acted, and a great premise. Final Destination is an over the top dumb fun thrill ride that offers some maturity aside from all the silly gory deaths.
½ November 13, 2016
Just caught this again and I still find this film a strong mix of high concept and horror. The team behind some of the great X Files episodes and a bizarre entire second season of Millennium keep the momentum moving. Sure it gets bogged down story but the twists and shocks keep coming right until the end. At a time when slasher films were coming back in the droves, this upset the balance and with 5 films you can see this delivered to the fans. I increased this by half a star because it is still a cool film that deserves the following it has. Number 5 really sealed the series but I think this series could continue on.
October 25, 2016
The idea may be a bit intriguing, but the execution falls way beyond short. The death scenes which are what the series is most iconic for are very lacking. I understand they beefed them up for squeals, but I can't imagine why they would since this movie is so underwhelming. And the acting, the acting in this is atrocious. No one delivers a believable or motivated performance. It is the text book definition of bland acting, not caring in the slightest. I thought the original would be better than the sequels, yet somehow it may be worse. What a waste.
½ October 21, 2016
This has an imaginative premise, a competent cast, and capable direction.
October 9, 2016
Extremely entertaining, violent, bloody, intense & truly original.
October 6, 2016
Kind of fun, but ultimately cheesy teen horror movie with strong 90s vibe.