Final Destination - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Final Destination Reviews

½ November 30, 2016
Glen Morgan and James Wong, two of the best X-Files writers, did a fantastic job in this excellent, clever and original teen horror movie that has an intriguing premise and knows how to build genuine tension, especially in the nerve-wracking sequence that opens it.
½ November 22, 2016
Eh it's okay, not bad not great. 2 and a half stars.
½ November 19, 2016
Exhilarating, well acted, and a great premise. Final Destination is an over the top dumb fun thrill ride that offers some maturity aside from all the silly gory deaths.
½ November 13, 2016
Just caught this again and I still find this film a strong mix of high concept and horror. The team behind some of the great X Files episodes and a bizarre entire second season of Millennium keep the momentum moving. Sure it gets bogged down story but the twists and shocks keep coming right until the end. At a time when slasher films were coming back in the droves, this upset the balance and with 5 films you can see this delivered to the fans. I increased this by half a star because it is still a cool film that deserves the following it has. Number 5 really sealed the series but I think this series could continue on.
½ November 12, 2016
In an attempt to showcase death itself as the true antagonist of horror, unrealistic gore overwhelms the promising setup and intelligent subtext Final Destination has to offer, squandering an intriguing idea for a unique franchise as a result.
October 25, 2016
The idea may be a bit intriguing, but the execution falls way beyond short. The death scenes which are what the series is most iconic for are very lacking. I understand they beefed them up for squeals, but I can't imagine why they would since this movie is so underwhelming. And the acting, the acting in this is atrocious. No one delivers a believable or motivated performance. It is the text book definition of bland acting, not caring in the slightest. I thought the original would be better than the sequels, yet somehow it may be worse. What a waste.
½ October 21, 2016
This has an imaginative premise, a competent cast, and capable direction.
October 9, 2016
Extremely entertaining, violent, bloody, intense & truly original.
October 6, 2016
Kind of fun, but ultimately cheesy teen horror movie with strong 90s vibe.
½ October 5, 2016
What saves this film is the fantastic skill shown in the development of palpable tension and suspense.
½ October 2, 2016
it was entertaining with an interesting story line. Not much to complain about.
½ September 22, 2016
Final Destination has a pretty cool concept, and in the first movie, it's executed pretty well. Also, the actors were better in the first film. Overall, a pretty good flick! 3.5/5 OR 7/10
September 14, 2016
Strangely, a wonderful horror film. A death romp with a larger story behind it that works. Fun characters that have their own personalities, some of which you're excited to see die. All in all, a good film, and a perfect massacre.
August 8, 2016
Final Destination is the very first installment in one of the most popular horror franchises of all time, and I honestly think it's pretty good. Lacking the slasher genre and having a more unique element of horror and death, Final Destination is a very well done horror film that is very interesting and entertaining.
½ July 10, 2016
Decent movie to start the Final Destination series. The concept is pretty cool. The best thing about this film is watching sequence of events that ultimately lead to someone's death.
Film C.
½ June 26, 2016
It is okay but I always get pissed off by every single film sequels.
½ June 19, 2016
Final Destination has a outstanding plot but it all goes away with actors that didn't make their performances believable and didn't cause any thrills for the audience the more times you watch the movie the more boring it gets.
½ June 11, 2016
The beginning of my love for horror, still my favorite series!!
½ June 1, 2016
In an admirable attempt to deem Death itself the true antagonist of horror, unrealistic gore overshadows Final Destination's innovative concept, and is ultimately little more than a testament to how special effects have drastically replaced serious-minded creativity.