Final Destination Reviews

• 2d ago

Death itself being the serial killer that is stalking and killing a bunch of kids who dodged their appointed time to die, is an interesting concept. At least it was a new spin on a horror film of this type after the glut of Scream knock-offs that had been littering theaters throughout the late 90s. However, the idea is not realized in an effective fashion with Final Destination. Considering the number of ways we all could die any given day of the week, it becomes downright comical watching the Rube-Goldberg methods that death implements to take down these kids. The movie seems to think we’re supposed to be tense and frightened when a splash of water is making its way across the floor in order to make someone slip and fall, but I could only chuckle. In fact, there’s one death that is so elaborate that I felt like it was pulled from a Naked Gun movie. There were definitely other times when the film went so over-the-top that it felt like they were going for comedy. The most blatant is the ridiculous scene in the morgue where Tony Todd explains the premise of the film for us in case we didn’t understand yet. Maybe the tone would have worked better if they hired at least one good actor. However, Final Destination is overflowing with young people straight out of Central Casting. Not one of them effectively conveys an emotion, with the possible exception of Ali Larter who might be trying a little bit. Devon Sawa, who plays the lead character, is arguably the worst of the bunch. There’s nothing likable or endearing about his performance, to the point that I was kind of rooting for him to die earlier. I can applaud the attempt these film-makers made to think outside the box, but the end result of Final Destination is not good.

• Jul 02, 2020

An interesting premise quickly becomes an unintentional comedy as it goes on.

An interesting premise quickly becomes an unintentional comedy as it goes on.

• Jun 30, 2020

This is like Scream but not quite like Scream do you get what I mean

This is like Scream but not quite like Scream do you get what I mean

• Jun 18, 2020

It's good, very good, it's violent, one of the best in the series, i just hated the acting, there are a lot of cheesy performances in this movie

• Jun 05, 2020

Fulfils its conceit well in the writing, lots of fun, nicely shot and edited.

Fulfils its conceit well in the writing, lots of fun, nicely shot and edited.

• May 07, 2020

Forgot about this dumb thing

Forgot about this dumb thing

• May 04, 2020

Are you in control of your destiny? That is the question in this movie that tells the story of a group of teenagers that are marked for death by the Grim Reaper himself, after exiting a plane that was supposed to explode and claim their lives. Tony Todd has the standout performance as the creepily medical Coroner, who appears to be more than he says he is (we never know though) It was alright, it could have been a lot better. I wish they would have explained more why only Alex had the visions (making him “the chosen one”)A lot of cringe dialogue moments in the middle, but the gruesome deaths are crazy. if you’re into those kind of movies, then you will like this.

• Apr 20, 2020

Amazing movie!great suspenseful and thrilling.good acting and story the ending was amazing kept me guessing who's next and little little steps were creepy to look!entertaining movie.

• Mar 26, 2020

Albeit a little silly at times, it's a unique enough take on the horror genre.

Albeit a little silly at times, it's a unique enough take on the horror genre.

• Mar 07, 2020

com certeza um clássico absoluto , Premonição 1 ou Final Destination 1 é simples ,direto , atmosférico , violento , surpreendente e impressionate , com certeza foi um soco na cara de sexta feira 13 , a hora do pesadelo e outras sagas exageradas! tudo nesse filme é bem legal , atuações , roteiro , direção , fotografia e trama !