Finding Nemo - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Finding Nemo Reviews

½ November 17, 2017
A simple adventure that show us the paternal love and the loyal behavior of good people. Let us dream of a fraternal world were we can all help each others.
October 26, 2017
T.H.E B.E.S.T! That's all I can say... :)
October 10, 2017
Better than Incredibles.
September 30, 2017
Third best Pixar movie!
September 17, 2017
Good but to be honest it's a bit overrated
September 7, 2017
Finding Nemo was pretty good but I like the SQL more you know most people like the first one more than the second one but that's just a preference so check out witch one was better
September 3, 2017
Finding Nemo (2003) - Is not only my favorite Pixar Movie but it's My favorite movie of all time. It It's a timeless gem in the world of animation and everyone has to have seen this movie at least once in their life. I remember seeing it for the first time in the theaters when I was 6 and it was the first movie to make me officially fall in love with Pixar.
The Concept balances between two plots. The first plot is about Marlin and Dory navigating the ocean while coming across colorful characters as well as grave dangers in order to find Nemo. The other plot is about Nemo getting help from a group of fish to escape a fish tank to get back home as well as avoiding being given away to Darla. Both plots work great together and every scene is paced perfectly with enough time to show and establish everything you see on screen. They also take full advantage of the idea of a movie taking place in the ocean with adding many elements that are unique to the underwater world.
The Characters are one too many to count but they are all Memorable and each have a moment to shine when the time is right. Nemo is adventurous and full of heart. I like how they give him an arc of learning to be dependent and not rely so much on others for help. Marlin will surely be relatable to a lot of parents because of how he has to learn to let go of his son. Dory is loveable, funny and really good for challenging Marlin's character sometimes. Gill is possibly the most complex character in the movie just for how he almost seems like a leader but is actually flawed and sometimes puts himself before others. There are many other memorable characters that are also loveable like Bruce and Mr Ray but it would take too long to explain all of them.
The Animation is beautiful and really colorful. This movie came out in 2003 and it's still surprising how much the animation still holds up. The colors really play a big part in the visuals to show emotion or how lovely or dangerous an environment is. Speaking of which, every environment our characters visit is created with the greatest attention to detail and given a lot of personality. Everything in the ocean from the Great Barrier Reef to the East Australian current is just outstanding to look at and even the Fish tank has lot of personality as well. I also love how a majority of the movie is set in Sydney Australia and how they included many details that are usually found in that area.
The Music was this time done by a different composer named Thomas Newman and his score is probably some of the most memorable and amazing music i've ever heard from a Pixar movie.
Every bit of music captures the emotion of every scene and a lot of it is so catchy that I bet a lot of it is still stuck in my head. The Music can range from soft and somewhat bouncy to loud and dramatic depending on the scene.
This movie has left a huge impact on my life and it just keeps getting better and better with every viewing. It's one of the few movie that I can claim is perfect and that's all thanks to it's adventurous story that is fun and action packed, Extremely Lovable characters, Great animation and a memorable music score. It's been one of my favorite movies since childhood and even today it's still all that and a lot more. (A+)
August 27, 2017
Another all-time classic that gives 100% attention to everything that matters, Finding Nemo blesses us with a world of beauty, depth, funny characters, and universality.
August 26, 2017
I never tire of watching it with the granddaughters. The animation and attention to detail is so amazing! It's a totally entertaining movie and one of my all time favorites!
August 4, 2017
Finding Nemo is overrated, but not bad.
There are some good things about the movie like the animation being great, it's creativity,and Dory.
But unfortunately, the film does have a lot of flaws.
Them being that the story is generic, most of the fish designs look the same, Marlin is cliched in concept, Nemo, his friends and teachers are just generic , the human characters would've been great if not for that pesky brat,and the subplots and some of the side characters come out of nowhere(Which is why the sharks in the movie are great characters being put to waste.).
This might sound a bit harsh, but can a earnest critic give a 10|10 to a fim that says "Ships have butts." and mentions farting?
But hey, I'd still take this over FREAKING DEATH.
Story:4|10
Visuals:9|10
Characters:6|10
Overall:6.1|10.
July 30, 2017
Keep swimming from a fishbowl easy to breath to the sea hard to breath.
½ July 30, 2017
Too bad only about 5-15% of the turtles eggs will hatch and make it back to the water.
½ July 28, 2017
This pixar masterpiece has all the right parts witty humor for kids and adults a creative adventure with stunning animation along with a great and powerful theme
July 21, 2017
Nemo is a friendly, sweet and gorgeously created deep sea adventure.
½ July 20, 2017
I so enjoyed watching Finding Nemo; I can understand why the price of the Blu Rays was so extortionate. A lovely film - one of Pixar's best. The cinematography may be gorgeous, but Finding Nemo epitomised Pixar's key view on filmmaking: investing stories and characters come first. Voice-acting in Finding Nemo is exceptional. DeGeneres and co understood their characters and ensured they were wholesome and had substance. Finding Nemo has the thrills and spills to entertain kids and the sharp satire to keep adults hooked. The dreamlike visuals are so immersive. The moral message isn't quite as prevalent as other Pixar films, but it's incredibly captivating & charming to watch.
½ July 19, 2017
Great just like nearly every movie Pixar has made. Highly recommended
½ July 13, 2017
Great use of CGI to recreate some of the great visuals of the ocean. A good cast and captivating story which fluctuates between sadness and comedy make this a movie worth a viewing.
½ July 11, 2017
Pixar or Disney is dragging our deepest and purest emotion out of us to make us get back to the childhood. I fully felt Marlin' feeling when he lost his son. Nicely done.
July 8, 2017
Finding Nemo was the first Pixar movie I ever saw, and from rewatching it, it is still my favorite Pixar film to date. The movie has great humor from Ellen DeGenres and Albert Brooks, a touching message that can apply to any father and son (or daughter!) relationship, and has one of my favorite Pixar character Crush played by the director Andrew Stanton. In conclusion Finding Nemo gets an A+!