Four Rooms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Rooms Reviews

½ April 20, 2018
Fantastico omaggio alla Nouvelle Vague e ai film corali. Uno dei primissimi film di Tarantino che dimostra ancora una volta di essere il regista pių influente della sua generazione. Il film č strutturato su 4 episodi legati dal filo comune del servizio in camera del facchino. Il primo episodio non merita quanto gli altri. Dal secondo al quarto, lo spettatore viene deliziato, sketch dopo sketch, da brillanti sceneggiature condite da centinaia di riferimenti cinematografici. Regie impeccabili, tra tutte quelle di Tarantino. Il film avrebbe meritato 5 stelle piene de non fosse per il primo episodio, alquanto deludente.
April 15, 2018
Four Rooms Had good potential and i can say that only 3 of the stories are Good the worst one is The One Directed By Allison Anders " The Missing Ingredient " this story involved witches and one of them needs sperm to complete a ritual their doing and they need Tim Roth " ted the bellhop" the main character to give his sperm to complete the ritual the story for this just bored me and it had a great cast but its full of disappointment. The next Story " The Wrong Man " was directed by Alexander Rockwell and i gotta say it wasnt that bad this story is about Tim Roth " Ted The Bellhop " needing to go to room 404 to deliver ice but the people on the phone who called for the ice told Tim Roth the wrong room number and the room Tim Roth goes to pass a man who has his wife tied up and holds Tim Roth at gun point thinking he slept with his wife this one wasn't great but it was okay. The next story and the most popular one " The Misbehavers " was directed by Robert Rodriguez and this one is about Tim Roth Needing to watch Antonio Banderas's kids while him and his wife go out and Tim Roth has to deal with the most mean kids every and this one was hilarious and i enjoyed it. The Next one and The final and my favorite one out of the stories is " The Man From Hollywood " this one was directed by Quentin Tarintino and this one is about a crazy famous guy played by Tarintino himself and him and his crazy friends want Tim Roth to cut off one of the friends fingers as recreation of an Alfred Hitchcock short. The reason i liked Quentin Tarintinos story the best us because it was serious and i like serious films the most the others are more comedic. The Story Of the Film is about Tim Roth playing a bellhop named Ted and its his first day on the Job and and he has to handle the hotel by himself while his boss goes to a party and Ted Runs into the most craziest situations while dealing with 12 crazy guests. I would suggest this movie i really liked it. My ratings of the four stories

The Missing Ingredient - 1 star

The Wrong Man - 3 stars

The Misbehavers - 4 stars

The Man From Hollywood - 5 stars
November 23, 2017
I enjoy this movie and we watch it once a year on New Years Day. It is kind of like The Christmas Story ritual. It is not a movie for those who don't follow detail or who don't appreciate the sarcasm and humor of Tarrantino/Rodriquez. It can be used for a movie drinking game to add some fun, (How many times do they say Ted?) lol. Tim Roth makes the cheesy acting and storyline fit for unbelievable but funny entertainment. His facial expressions alone are worth some outright chuckles. I can't imagine anyone else in his role. The delight is in the details often missed by people wanting to be spoon fed. Definitely not a movie for everyone but for those that get it, a fun evening.
½ September 16, 2017
The only one we liked really was the last one. This was really weird, and not in a good weird way.
½ May 29, 2017
It's just *so weird*, and that's part of what I love about it. Particularly since it just feels like everyone watching the movie is having an equally fun time. Perhaps it's that I went in with such low expectations, due to all the hate for the film? I'm not going to argue that Tarantino's isn't the best of the lot, but I think there's plenty of entertainment left in the other three segments as well. Roth is hysterical. Both in the sense that he plays a hilarious character, and in that that far before the movie ends his character is, yeah, hysterical and ready to run away screaming.
May 29, 2017
Total garbage. I didn't have a clue what was going on or the point of the film
May 15, 2017
Loved the end! Liked Tim Roth's acting too. heehee
½ March 15, 2017
Stopped the movie after the second segment. What a boring non-sense
March 5, 2017
This is evidence that rotten tomatoes critics do not understand the concept of entertainment. and are so out of touch with audiences they might as well be on a different planet.
January 21, 2017
That score is only for the second half of the film.
November 24, 2016
This movie is hilarious. I can watch it repeatedly and always pick up something new reach time. I would recommend it to anyone who isn't to snooty, and loves to laugh.
½ September 10, 2016
For how much talent is involved in this it sorely disappoints. Very uneven, very meh.
June 14, 2016
A convoluted mess, Four Rooms is a black comedy based on a series of short stories by Roald Dahl. Broken into 4 parts, the film follows a hotel bellhop who gets drawn into the wacky antics of several guests while doing his rounds on New Year's Eve. Each segment features a different writer/director (two of whom include Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino), and have differing tones and styles; which can be disjointing at times. However, the all-star cast, which includes Tim Roth, Madonna, Jennifer Beals, Antonio Banderas, Marisa Tomei, and Bruce Willis, is rather impressive and gives some good performances. But unfortunately Four Rooms just doesn't work, and comes off as a bunch of thrown together nonsense that's not all that interesting or funny.
March 26, 2016
Aside from the hot naked witches in the beginning (yes that's Diane Court from "Say Anything") and the very end of Tarantino's scene, this movie is just about unwatchable. Which explains why I'd forgotten all about it.
March 20, 2016
If you can get past the blandness of the first two short films, Rodriguez's and Tarantino's are an extremely fun ride. Obviously, they're the master filmmakers of this bunch, but they actually use their short films to make something stylistically original as opposed to the first two that really feel like they had a concept in mind with no clear direction on how to execute it.
February 14, 2016
Classic Tarantino. The amount of stars in this movie is insane. One of my favorite ending sequences of any movie. Loads of laughs
January 25, 2016
This is actually one of my favourite movies, kind of a guilty pleasure kind of favourite though. I love the actors and how each room has their own story but yet somehow tie together. It's an rather funny movie if you have a slightly twisted sense of humour.
½ January 16, 2016
In the mid-90s, they milked Tarantino for everything he had. He risked burn out with this rather ill-judged anthology.
January 13, 2016
The best part is the Robert Rodriguez segment.