Four Rooms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Rooms Reviews

½ September 10, 2016
For how much talent is involved in this it sorely disappoints. Very uneven, very meh.
June 14, 2016
A convoluted mess, Four Rooms is a black comedy based on a series of short stories by Roald Dahl. Broken into 4 parts, the film follows a hotel bellhop who gets drawn into the wacky antics of several guests while doing his rounds on New Year's Eve. Each segment features a different writer/director (two of whom include Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino), and have differing tones and styles; which can be disjointing at times. However, the all-star cast, which includes Tim Roth, Madonna, Jennifer Beals, Antonio Banderas, Marisa Tomei, and Bruce Willis, is rather impressive and gives some good performances. But unfortunately Four Rooms just doesn't work, and comes off as a bunch of thrown together nonsense that's not all that interesting or funny.
March 26, 2016
Aside from the hot naked witches in the beginning (yes that's Diane Court from "Say Anything") and the very end of Tarantino's scene, this movie is just about unwatchable. Which explains why I'd forgotten all about it.
March 20, 2016
If you can get past the blandness of the first two short films, Rodriguez's and Tarantino's are an extremely fun ride. Obviously, they're the master filmmakers of this bunch, but they actually use their short films to make something stylistically original as opposed to the first two that really feel like they had a concept in mind with no clear direction on how to execute it.
February 14, 2016
Classic Tarantino. The amount of stars in this movie is insane. One of my favorite ending sequences of any movie. Loads of laughs
January 25, 2016
This is actually one of my favourite movies, kind of a guilty pleasure kind of favourite though. I love the actors and how each room has their own story but yet somehow tie together. It's an rather funny movie if you have a slightly twisted sense of humour.
½ January 16, 2016
In the mid-90s, they milked Tarantino for everything he had. He risked burn out with this rather ill-judged anthology.
January 13, 2016
The best part is the Robert Rodriguez segment.
January 11, 2016
That score is only for the second half of the film.
January 8, 2016
One of the best comedies ever made. It's not Oscar winning film because the filmmakers did't want that in a first place. It's just fooling around. Highly entertaining with great cast and out of the world script !
½ January 2, 2016
An over the top and eccentric film, that is uneven most of the time. An anthology that fails most of the times, but a film that is still worth checking out, if only for the Rodriguez and Tarantino segments.
January 2, 2016
Tim Roth is really good and the scenes with the kids are hilarious.
½ December 24, 2015
A fun movie centering around a bellboy. It's not Oscar worthy but I love the last 2 rooms and Roth is very good at playing his characters role.
December 23, 2015
This movie reminds me of renting movies over the weekend, and one is a wild card. You never know what silly, taboo material you may stumble upon. I love that about QT films.
November 23, 2015
Four shorts, all of them with different degrees of quality. I'll summarize my thoughts like this: The first short is dumb and out of place to the rest of them, the second one is forgettable and not very intense or funny, the third is actually charming, with good performances (even by the child actors, I guess Rodriguez just has a knack for directing children), and a good feel of comedic crescendo. The fourth was a bit long (even for a Tarantino movie) but it ended the movie with a great punch line. But overall, the movie is uneven in tone, it's only funny in the second half after two shorts that are too bad to sit through again, and it's just a mess. Four Rooms is "Sorta, Kinda, Meh..."
October 31, 2015
Really enjoyed the four directors rooms. My favourite is the family and the babysitting.
October 25, 2015
Four rooms is a fantastic movie with a fantastic idea, funny as Fuck writing and great directing all of the four segments are good and none come flat also this is the best movie with Madonna in it an Absolute must watch
September 14, 2015
the opening credits is appealing and I'll review as I go. I quite like Roths overly weird characterisation as it adds a weird dimension and strength that is missing here.

the first film is really odd and strange, I just couldn't get into it. They really needed a cracking start but this gets of with a serious dud.

the second film is much better with it's music and story. I liked the story and the camera work, the music and the slapstick momentum.

the third film has a lot of energy and delivers the best one so far. The final scene is an absolute corker, a darker twist compared to the others and makes me wonder why they didn't kick off with this one.

the last and best is tarantino who acts and delivers a grand story. the camera moves and the story bounces with great dialogue. the man is brilliant and the payoff is great.

not the greatest film but not the flop I was told about. Scattered film but it does okay in some aspects.
September 5, 2015
The middle two stories were the only good one's. I thought Tarantino's sucked