Four Rooms - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Four Rooms Reviews

November 23, 2017
I enjoy this movie and we watch it once a year on New Years Day. It is kind of like The Christmas Story ritual. It is not a movie for those who don't follow detail or who don't appreciate the sarcasm and humor of Tarrantino/Rodriquez. It can be used for a movie drinking game to add some fun, (How many times do they say Ted?) lol. Tim Roth makes the cheesy acting and storyline fit for unbelievable but funny entertainment. His facial expressions alone are worth some outright chuckles. I can't imagine anyone else in his role. The delight is in the details often missed by people wanting to be spoon fed. Definitely not a movie for everyone but for those that get it, a fun evening.
½ September 16, 2017
The only one we liked really was the last one. This was really weird, and not in a good weird way.
½ May 29, 2017
It's just *so weird*, and that's part of what I love about it. Particularly since it just feels like everyone watching the movie is having an equally fun time. Perhaps it's that I went in with such low expectations, due to all the hate for the film? I'm not going to argue that Tarantino's isn't the best of the lot, but I think there's plenty of entertainment left in the other three segments as well. Roth is hysterical. Both in the sense that he plays a hilarious character, and in that that far before the movie ends his character is, yeah, hysterical and ready to run away screaming.
May 29, 2017
Total garbage. I didn't have a clue what was going on or the point of the film
May 15, 2017
Loved the end! Liked Tim Roth's acting too. heehee
½ March 15, 2017
Stopped the movie after the second segment. What a boring non-sense
March 5, 2017
This is evidence that rotten tomatoes critics do not understand the concept of entertainment. and are so out of touch with audiences they might as well be on a different planet.
January 21, 2017
That score is only for the second half of the film.
November 24, 2016
This movie is hilarious. I can watch it repeatedly and always pick up something new reach time. I would recommend it to anyone who isn't to snooty, and loves to laugh.
½ September 10, 2016
For how much talent is involved in this it sorely disappoints. Very uneven, very meh.
June 14, 2016
A convoluted mess, Four Rooms is a black comedy based on a series of short stories by Roald Dahl. Broken into 4 parts, the film follows a hotel bellhop who gets drawn into the wacky antics of several guests while doing his rounds on New Year's Eve. Each segment features a different writer/director (two of whom include Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino), and have differing tones and styles; which can be disjointing at times. However, the all-star cast, which includes Tim Roth, Madonna, Jennifer Beals, Antonio Banderas, Marisa Tomei, and Bruce Willis, is rather impressive and gives some good performances. But unfortunately Four Rooms just doesn't work, and comes off as a bunch of thrown together nonsense that's not all that interesting or funny.
March 26, 2016
Aside from the hot naked witches in the beginning (yes that's Diane Court from "Say Anything") and the very end of Tarantino's scene, this movie is just about unwatchable. Which explains why I'd forgotten all about it.
March 20, 2016
If you can get past the blandness of the first two short films, Rodriguez's and Tarantino's are an extremely fun ride. Obviously, they're the master filmmakers of this bunch, but they actually use their short films to make something stylistically original as opposed to the first two that really feel like they had a concept in mind with no clear direction on how to execute it.
February 14, 2016
Classic Tarantino. The amount of stars in this movie is insane. One of my favorite ending sequences of any movie. Loads of laughs
January 25, 2016
This is actually one of my favourite movies, kind of a guilty pleasure kind of favourite though. I love the actors and how each room has their own story but yet somehow tie together. It's an rather funny movie if you have a slightly twisted sense of humour.
½ January 16, 2016
In the mid-90s, they milked Tarantino for everything he had. He risked burn out with this rather ill-judged anthology.
January 13, 2016
The best part is the Robert Rodriguez segment.
January 8, 2016
One of the best comedies ever made. It's not Oscar winning film because the filmmakers did't want that in a first place. It's just fooling around. Highly entertaining with great cast and out of the world script !
½ January 2, 2016
An over the top and eccentric film, that is uneven most of the time. An anthology that fails most of the times, but a film that is still worth checking out, if only for the Rodriguez and Tarantino segments.