The Fox and the Hound - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Fox and the Hound Reviews

June 23, 2017
Passable film, everything was done just well enough from the decent animation to the barely interesting enough characters and story. Just wanted something more when watching though, too much seemed recycled from older films.
June 12, 2017
One of the most underrated Disney films next to The Rescuers Down Under, The Hunchback Of Notre Dame, Treasure Planet, and maybe a few others. It's a sad, tragic, and heartbreaking movie, I won't deny that, but it's a great one. The Fox And The Hound is an emotional film with a somber storyline that goes into two best friends being separated from each other and unfortunately becoming enemies when they grow up, characters you can really feel for, and spectacular animation quality.
June 7, 2017
Seeing as how this film opens up, I can definitely say that it is visually and emotionally impressive. This film mostly deals with the issue of childhood friends going their separate ways and end up becoming enemies in adulthood. Though this story is very predictable and not very original, what end's up saving it is everything else. The characters are likable and well developed (My favorite being Amos Slade), the animation is impressive (Especially given the fact that the movie takes place in the country/forestry side), the climax is very intense and action-packed (Though a bear isn't considered a villain in any way shape or form), and the ending is honestly one of the most heartwarming moments of the film. I guess I like it mainly because I can relate to it. But even with that said, i'm sure that most other people will just have that same feeling when they watch this movie. Recommended for people for all ages!
June 1, 2017
A charming tale of two unlikely friends and their inseparable bond.
½ May 30, 2017
Good classic that I enjoy watching it's a sweet good movie a childhood classic
March 12, 2017
A beautiful movie with complex, beautiful emotions and a bittersweet sentiment and ending that couldn't have been better.
March 4, 2017
I love this film. The plot is pretty standard and predictable, but there's this charm to it. I can't quite explain, but this film has a unique charm. The animation of course is nicely done, and Todd and Copper are cute little scamps. Their friendship is cute and enjoyable, and even if the story is standard, it does tackle some moderately serious stuff. We have these two characters that desperately want to be friends but are torn apart and ruled by the roles in society that the universe has permanently placed them in, therefore it's very sad to see Copper seriously hunt Todd down, but very relieving when they protect each other in the end. There are some funny side characters, and Vixie is nice. The only issues that I have is one: Amos Slade really didn't have to track Todd down in the forest. I mean come on, man. The fox is in the forest. Can't you just leave him alone? Two: Chief should have died. I know that sounds really wrong, but I felt that if he died, Copper's desperation to kill Tod would've been more understandable and justified. And three: I felt that the story could've been a bit darker. Perhaps not one of Disney's best, but I think The Fox and the Hound is very cute, charming, and likeable, and still love it.
January 19, 2017
A timeless and beautiful tale of friendship. (First viewing - Childhood)
½ January 14, 2017
The most depressing and cynical animated feature Disney has ever produced, but that's exactly what keeps it from succumbing to unnecessary sweetness.
December 26, 2016
7.5 out of 10:

It's predictable but it's charm makes up for that.
December 21, 2016
The friendship-focused story is very engaging and can leave a tear in your eye, and the animation is a massive improvement over its direct predecessors (especially The Rescuers). However, most of the side characters serve very little to the main plot.
½ November 30, 2016
They know how to trigger my feels
November 21, 2016
traumatic experience cried my eyes out through the who film lol i was only 7yr
October 8, 2016
It has its moments, but overall there's nothing that good or great about it. The central conflict is interesting, but not developed well.
September 26, 2016
A simple story, with only a few characters, shows the complexities of life and deals with loss and moving on. Brings tears to my eyes every time. If you don't like the Fox and the Hound, you might want to check if your heart is still beating.
½ August 28, 2016
Caught between a happy-go-lucky, early-era Disney musical and something far darker, mature and emotional.
August 15, 2016
The Fox and the Hound was delightful! It balances the cuteness and dark moments pretty well.
½ August 12, 2016
Better invest in some Kleenex before watching this one. The Fox and the Hound resonates with emotion and plays to the audience wonderfully in this story about forbidden friends. Featuring some iconic actors in the voice roles like Jack Albertson and Kurt Russell, the movie will have you on edge in its hunting scenes while transitioning nicely into its sincere, heartfelt moments. A very moving feature, the movie is short of some of the joy and silliness that usually appears in a Disney film, but it remains captivating for the most part and the characters are appealing enough to entertain any audience while delivering lessons of forgiveness, acceptance, and friendship.
August 6, 2016
When you divert from original source material it always raises an eyebrow for me, especially when the material is really good. However, here they had a story and a message to tell and they told it fairly well.

A story about how two people, represented by the titular fox and hound of the title, start as friends early in life, but the world in which they live and their peers around them pull them apart. Soon the friends are no longer able to live in the more innocent world they once inhabited and are force to live in a much colder crueler one.

The film doesn't go nearly as dark as the book, but it still manages to pack so much emotion and a relevant message for children. Quite, funny, sad, and poignant, the Fox and the Hound is, and will be, a classic for years to come.