Ghostbusters Reviews

• 2d ago

Great movie. If you aren't bogged down by the stereotypical 80s nostalgia than this is a hilarious walk in the park. 10/10 would recommend for anyone under 30

• 3d ago

Very few moments even got a chuckle from me.

Very few moments even got a chuckle from me.

• 4d ago

worst movie ever made. It was like watching saturday night live with the volume up

• 6d ago

Now this is a terrible movie. It takes the ghostbusters name and shits all over it. Crappy movie crappy special effects. For all the claims of sexism against women when this came out, the movie is completely sexist against men. Every male character is either an idiot or asshole. Even my sister said it sucks

• Oct 09, 2019

Finally watched it after three whole years since it's release, and, it's good. Not a masterpiece, but it's good entertainment. I watched the first movie once, and it was more than a decade ago, I was not even ten years old at the time, so I barely remember it, and I didn't watch the second movie, because there was no French dubbed version, and English is not my mother language. This basically means that I had no expectations before watching this movie in its original version(with subtitles in english, though they were mostly not needed), and it was quite the surprise. The movie is funny, the actors are pretty good and the effects are glorious. The beginning can rebuke some people, as it starts slowly and awkwardly, but it gets better while the plot progresses. Most jokes made me at least giggle, and while some moments are more silly than funny, it's still a great comedy movie.

• Oct 09, 2019

one of the worst movies i have ever seen for free

one of the worst movies i have ever seen for free

• Oct 07, 2019

The all female reboot of "Ghostbusters" is a very good film, yhat does NOT deserve any of the hate it gets. There are quite a few references to the original films and its got both childish and adult humour (that will go over kids' heads). There's a reference to two "classic" ghosts in the film, plus liads of new ones. The special effects are great and the battle scene near to the end is good. Especially as the film's main villain is a face that anyone who knows the Ghostbusters will recognise instantly.

• Oct 07, 2019

The improv is where this film fails. Which makes up 90% of the runtime.

The improv is where this film fails. Which makes up 90% of the runtime.

• Oct 06, 2019

Really really bad please dont waste your time

Really really bad please dont waste your time

• Oct 06, 2019

When I heard about the cast of this film, I was impressed. 4 out of the 5 are actors I genuinely enjoy. But then the trailer hit and all I could think is "this is the best of the film?" Trailers usually ruin a lot of good material. This only had bad material. I kept an open mind when viewing the film, but none of it worked. Total waste of talent. And for "breaking new ground" the film was pretty pathetic as it kept bad tropes alive. Why couldn't Leslie Jones be a professor with one of the other women in the underground? And this isn't particularly about her race, her delivery is the furthest thing from academic intellectual. Kinison in Back to School killed. Yawn, she's a worker beneath the others. All this movie proved is that despite most of the actors being of great comedic pedigree, that doesn't mean that they are even amateur level improvisors. The best improv is surprise improv, following script until compelled to go off it. Feig and Dippold were incredibly lazy or were pathetically inept screenwriters. I don't care about the gender of the Ghostbusters, I care about the output. So this movie got what it deserved, jack squat because it offered jack squat.