Ghostbusters Reviews

• Dec 16, 2020

Very well might be the worst movie I have ever seen. There are no redeeming features. 0/100

• Oct 26, 2020

For some reason I liked this movie a lot more when I first saw it in theaters a few years ago. Rewatching now, the flaws really started to show. It's overly reliant on special effects and action sequences which get old very quickly. For this reason, the first half of the film is really enjoyable - the characters are quirky and funny and the writing shines in the low stakes situations. By the end of the film it has devolved into a lightshow with poorly-written one-liners. All of that being said, the cast is wonderful and it's a lot of fun to see Chris Hemsworth show off his humorous chops. The cameos from the original Ghostbusters are also pretty entertaining. This reboot is worth watching, but just barely.

• Oct 19, 2020

Lots of laughs; I really enjoyed it

Lots of laughs; I really enjoyed it

• Oct 19, 2020

First things first, the following is worth noting: I have no attachment to the 1984 film, nor do I particularly like it; I rated it and its sequel 2*. I'm not saying it's overrated or anything, I just personally don't enjoy it that's all. With that said, I'd class 2016's 'Ghostbusters' better than the original. However, as you tell by my rating, that's not me saying this is a good film. I don't believe it is. It's incredibly slow paced, with a very forgettable and untidy plot. It felt longer than a 116 minute run time, that's for sure. It's not all bad, though. I actually rate the casting. Melissa McCarthy can be hit-and-miss, but this is one of her more solid performances. Kristen Wiig, great in <em>'Bridesmaids'</em> alongside McCarthy, is a decent performer too. Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon are alright, while Chris Hemsworth is pretty amusing. I, despite not being a fan of it, still enjoyed the callbacks to the '84 film; as well as the use of the superb theme song. As for the special effects, they look good but none of the ghosts stick in my memory; both visually, but also in terms of the story. It would've been nice to have a standout ghost. Likewise with the film's villain, who is ridiculously plain. In conclusion, it does positive things but there are certainly negatives. All in all, I think the latter just outweighs the former unfortunately. 2½*.

• Oct 15, 2020

Funny, fem-powered, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

Funny, fem-powered, and doesn't take itself too seriously.

• Oct 15, 2020

this movie just sucks, no other way to put it, this movie had real talent behind it too, but the scrip was just horrid, they tried to make a shot for shot remake of the first ghostbusters but with non of the humor, the characters have no depth, the first joke in the movie is a Quweef joke, none of the characters mesh like the first movies did, i feel like if they would have just continued the original movies and didnt try to completely rewrite the ghostbusters this movie could have stood a chance,

• Oct 12, 2020

this film is better this film is incredible

this film is better this film is incredible

• Oct 06, 2020

the marketing did this movie no service besides making it seem bad. But this movie is great. It was funny and action packed which was what it was trying to be.

• Sep 01, 2020

The first half was so good! Really funny reunion of the women of snl. But then it got all cgi cartoony 😔

• Aug 31, 2020