Gods and Generals Reviews

• Jul 28, 2019

Incredible movie! Must see!

Incredible movie! Must see!

• May 15, 2019

If you like the Civil War this is the best movie available to watch.

If you like the Civil War this is the best movie available to watch.

• Apr 27, 2019

There are plenty of people who've already made the points that I would have made, and better than I could have. So I'll just settle for giving this great movie a five star rating to help drown out the sensationalist brainlets. That is all.

• Mar 11, 2019

Considering RT gave Birth of a Nation a 98% score (even though it's basically propaganda for the KKK), their score of this movie just goes to show how backwards they've become in movie reviews. Gods and Generals was still pretty long and boring. Would've served better as a TV mini-series or just direct to dvd.

• Feb 08, 2019

long but very powerful and emotional..today movies like this will be shot down cuz it doesnt paint the south as c

• Dec 09, 2018

Movie made just for Civil War buffs and no one else. They should have focused the movie solely on Stonewall Jackson’s experience. A true eccentric but compelling American hero. Felt very much like a hallmark movie. Needed more grit!

• Oct 25, 2018

Excellent, moving; well-acted and well-written.

Excellent, moving; well-acted and well-written.

• Jun 28, 2018

While many disregard this film as Southern propaganda, this film does a brilliant job of depicting a side of the war not normally seen while still giving us the stoic, anti-slavery sentiments of union officer Chamberlain. This film accurately depicts what it was like to fight on a Virginia battlefield with the mysticism of having Stonewall Jackson on the field that emboldened Confederates and brought fear into the hearts of Union soldiers.

• Apr 22, 2018

Long and drawn out. But still beautiful in many ways.

Long and drawn out. But still beautiful in many ways.

• Apr 01, 2018

This was great and finally showed the southern generals and people as more than just a one dimensional racist pack of hillbillies. A little melodramatic with the family interactions but you have to expect a bit of that. Overall it was amazing