Godzilla Vs. Biollante - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla Vs. Biollante Reviews

March 6, 2017
Love me some Godzilla movies, but this one didn't do it for me. Godzilla fights a giant plant monster? Alrighty then. Cheesy acting round out this uninspired mess.
February 1, 2017
One of the best Godzilla films! Biollante is cool, and the fight between Godzilla and Biollante is cool! It may be too dark (I mean by lighting dark) and have some pretty cheesy dubbing, but its still a great Godzilla movie!
January 2, 2017
Surprisingly good Godzilla film because my expectations when reading the description of the film, that Godzilla would be fighting a giant mutant plant that had part of Godzilla's DNA, I figured this one would be pretty bad. A good story, which actually has a decent epionage storyline for the humans in the story, good special effects, and most importantly the film is visually more interesting (i.e. better directed) than most of the olther Godzilla films (Ryuhei Kitamura's "Godzilla: Final Wars" is still the most visually inventive). Still, it's not exactly mind-blowing science fiction, but it's pretty darn entertaining.
December 2, 2016
Godzilla vs biollante is cheesy and well written.
October 25, 2016
An original Godzilla movie was a rarity at his point in the franchise. The monster actually looks physically like one of Godzilla's best, but the film is only just 'fine'. With physic girls and physic flowers, it is a strange movie, but a fine one for the series.
½ October 2, 2016
Something to fall asleep to
June 1, 2016
Very interesting film, and one of the better ones of the Hesei series. Good story and Kaiju.
½ March 28, 2016
This is the 17th Godzilla movie. It is better then most of the Godzilla movies made before it. The 16th Godzilla movie The Return of Godzilla is one of the very few Godzilla movies that is better. This is a great film see it.
March 27, 2016
I believe this is one of the greatest godzilla flicks. Its extremely "unique," and has a really great monster. Either this movie or godzilla vs destroyah is the best of the heisei series. The plot is great, and is one of the greatest of the whole series. The human characters are pretty great, and the monster fight is really cool. The soundtrack is great. The effects are excellent, and the suit is a huge improvement over the last film. The monster's origin is mysterious, and really compelling. This monster, Biollante, it might be a plant mixed with godzilla cells, or it could be a mythological creature with the soul of this doctor's daughter inside it. This film went back to godilla's dark roots but still had a monster fight. I loved this movie. It is a MUST SEE for any godzilla fan.
½ May 20, 2015
Horrible came across it at Kmart for $5 and never seen it so I bought it watched it twice and never again such a pointless stupid Godzilla movie
April 4, 2015
There is something special about the character behind Godzilla. Some hidden nobility that is able to transcend the science-fiction genre and give it a sense of social importance. In 1954's Gojira, it was all about the nuclear holocaust that had consequences much further reaching than anyone would care to admit; in 1989's Godzilla vs. Biollante, the topic at hand is environmental pollution, and the long-term effects of human ignorance. Dramatized, of course, but isn't that what makes films like this so engaging? The viewer has to appreciate the ingenuity of the costume design taking place at Toho, as well as the graphic splendor that might remind us of a time when special effects didn't have to govern an action flick, but rather give it a slick visual appeal as it does here.
January 25, 2015
An unbelievably dark tone, a subplot involving different groups killing each other for Godzilla's cells, awesome battles, and horrifying monster designs make up the majority of Godzilla's best outing. One of my favorite movies ever.
December 28, 2014
never seen this but want to
September 17, 2014
great
Godzilla vs biollante
August 23, 2014
the best movies did i want.
½ August 7, 2014
A good shot at originality, but not particularly memorable...
July 31, 2014
I find this movie underrated. The action is great. The new monster is cool and it still keeps the same feel as its proceeder. I've always liked this one and I think Biollante should've returned in the later sequels.
June 22, 2014
after a dissipointing reboot in 1984 godzilla vs biollante establishes what the future heisie series will be like. its ingeniously written, with smart dialog, good acting, amazing action, beautiful music, and a fantasy aspect that i love seeing in sci fi films.
June 9, 2014
Tormented scientist Genichiro Shiragami creates a mutation crossed with Godzilla, a rose, and his daughter's cells called Biollante. This is a very interesting setup, allowing the introduction of bio weapons to the franchise. Because of this several countries are in a race to get the cells. This movie has an overall better pacing than the last. As for the effects Koichi Kawakita has done a good job. The monsters look great and their fight is unlike previous films. In the end this Godzilla film dabbles in new ideas to much success.