Godzilla vs. Biollante - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Godzilla vs. Biollante Reviews

August 6, 2017
Godzilla vs plant. best movie ever
June 16, 2017
This one has my favorite Godzilla "enemy" monster
April 27, 2017
you can tell from the visual effect alone that this movie is massive, i think still holds up till today, even better than g2000 i must say.

too bad it has slow build up and the final battle was anticlimactic
March 6, 2017
Love me some Godzilla movies, but this one didn't do it for me. Godzilla fights a giant plant monster? Alrighty then. Cheesy acting round out this uninspired mess.
February 1, 2017
One of the best Godzilla films! Biollante is cool, and the fight between Godzilla and Biollante is cool! It may be too dark (I mean by lighting dark) and have some pretty cheesy dubbing, but its still a great Godzilla movie!
January 2, 2017
Surprisingly good Godzilla film because my expectations when reading the description of the film, that Godzilla would be fighting a giant mutant plant that had part of Godzilla's DNA, I figured this one would be pretty bad. A good story, which actually has a decent epionage storyline for the humans in the story, good special effects, and most importantly the film is visually more interesting (i.e. better directed) than most of the olther Godzilla films (Ryuhei Kitamura's "Godzilla: Final Wars" is still the most visually inventive). Still, it's not exactly mind-blowing science fiction, but it's pretty darn entertaining.
December 2, 2016
Godzilla vs biollante is cheesy and well written.
October 25, 2016
An original Godzilla movie was a rarity at his point in the franchise. The monster actually looks physically like one of Godzilla's best, but the film is only just 'fine'. With physic girls and physic flowers, it is a strange movie, but a fine one for the series.
½ October 2, 2016
Something to fall asleep to
June 1, 2016
Very interesting film, and one of the better ones of the Hesei series. Good story and Kaiju.
½ March 28, 2016
This is the 17th Godzilla movie. It is better then most of the Godzilla movies made before it. The 16th Godzilla movie The Return of Godzilla is one of the very few Godzilla movies that is better. This is a great film see it.
March 27, 2016
I believe this is one of the greatest godzilla flicks. Its extremely "unique," and has a really great monster. Either this movie or godzilla vs destroyah is the best of the heisei series. The plot is great, and is one of the greatest of the whole series. The human characters are pretty great, and the monster fight is really cool. The soundtrack is great. The effects are excellent, and the suit is a huge improvement over the last film. The monster's origin is mysterious, and really compelling. This monster, Biollante, it might be a plant mixed with godzilla cells, or it could be a mythological creature with the soul of this doctor's daughter inside it. This film went back to godilla's dark roots but still had a monster fight. I loved this movie. It is a MUST SEE for any godzilla fan.
½ May 20, 2015
Horrible came across it at Kmart for $5 and never seen it so I bought it watched it twice and never again such a pointless stupid Godzilla movie
April 4, 2015
There is something special about the character behind Godzilla. Some hidden nobility that is able to transcend the science-fiction genre and give it a sense of social importance. In 1954's Gojira, it was all about the nuclear holocaust that had consequences much further reaching than anyone would care to admit; in 1989's Godzilla vs. Biollante, the topic at hand is environmental pollution, and the long-term effects of human ignorance. Dramatized, of course, but isn't that what makes films like this so engaging? The viewer has to appreciate the ingenuity of the costume design taking place at Toho, as well as the graphic splendor that might remind us of a time when special effects didn't have to govern an action flick, but rather give it a slick visual appeal as it does here.
January 25, 2015
An unbelievably dark tone, a subplot involving different groups killing each other for Godzilla's cells, awesome battles, and horrifying monster designs make up the majority of Godzilla's best outing. One of my favorite movies ever.
December 28, 2014
never seen this but want to
September 17, 2014
great
Godzilla vs biollante
August 23, 2014
the best movies did i want.
½ August 7, 2014
A good shot at originality, but not particularly memorable...