Green Lantern: First Flight Reviews

• Dec 29, 2019

This is the Green Lantern film that I had so desperately been craving. The story takes no time dipping into our Hal's origin and while for the average viewer that might be an issue but for me I had no problems with his zippy introduction. This film nails its villain in the form of Sinestro, they build upon his motives and flesh out his character nicely. While Hal doesn't exactly endure as much growth as I was expecting he offers a grounded figure to display the good characteristics of humans and he counters Sinestro quite nicely in their scenes together. The twists actually caught me off guard and the plot was always moving keeping me engaged wondering what was gonna happen next. I also enjoyed this story taking place primarily in space, it was a good decision and really highlighted the green lantern corps sci fi feel. This film overall was very enjoyable and is one of my new found favorite superhero flicks, dc may not be entirely winning with their live action hero films but when it comes to animation they do little wrong.

• Mar 10, 2019

I think I watched this 3 times and only 2 of them with my son. As I recall it was truly outstanding and I loved it. Much, MUCH better than the live action failure with Ryan Reynolds that came later. I would have loved to see this in theaters and would see a live action version of the would do one.

• Feb 18, 2019

It's a great re-telling of Hal Jordan's story, but I would of liked to see more of his universe and Jordan's personality, questioning more about what he does and "what are the Guardians where did they come from?" so downgrading because of a couple issues with the story but it's so much better than the CGI version.

• Nov 02, 2018

Awesome and My favorite Green lantern Hal Jordan

Awesome and My favorite Green lantern Hal Jordan

• Jun 12, 2018

All right green lantern so he has to fly fast and go against time will that end up happening!

• Jun 07, 2017

Imagine if the live-action GL was not terrible... that is this movie.

Imagine if the live-action GL was not terrible... that is this movie.

• Jamie C Super Reviewer
    May 23, 2017

Pretty tame compared to DC's other animated films, It's the origin story of Green Lantern but tends to focus more on the villain than anything, The action was fun but the predictable setup was a bore but my kids liked it so as you can guess this one is for the younger audience.

• May 22, 2017

First Flight es un origen mas a la leyenda de Hal Jordan, en el cual se pueden ver las motivaciones del personaje por superar sus mas profundos miedos y encaminarse al deber de ser un Green Lantern. Una película totalmente recomendada para iniciar en la historia del personaje.

• Mar 29, 2017

This film follows the origins of Hal Jordan as the green lantern and how it all began. A great story and some stunning animation, green lantern first flight is a great first addition and introduction from the green lantern to the dc animated universe.

• Sep 17, 2016

Green Lantern: First Flight is definitely a takeoff.

Green Lantern: First Flight is definitely a takeoff.