Guys and Dolls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Guys and Dolls Reviews

November 15, 2016
Long but lively musical even has Marlon Brando singing one of Sinatra's signature tunes: "Luck Be A Lady". A must watch film. On Blu-ray.
October 17, 2016
The greatest musical EVER!
October 6, 2016
Guys and Dolls is a good movie. There were some moments in the movie where I found myself bored. The positive side of this movie comes from the performances of Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra. The movie is good for its time, but now it's a masterpiece with some rough edges.
September 5, 2016
Its a grand musical, but feels kind of hollow. I like the players, but the set pieces weren't anything special except for maybe Luck Be a Lady Tonight. Its one of those fleeting feel good musicals with a happy ending, but it wasn't amazing.
½ August 31, 2016
A classic and what a cast!
August 30, 2016
Great flick, very enjoyable! Classic.
April 16, 2016
WOW.....WOW....SUCH AN ENJOYABLE MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH SUCH A FANTASTIC CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT IS SUCH A FANTASTIC MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH SUCH A BRILLIANT CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT SOME SCENES THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE....... ITS GOT SUCH A FANTASTIC SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE IT IS SUCH A BRILLIANT MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH A BRILLIANT CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE........THIS IS SUCH A BRILLIANT DANCE MOVIE 2 WATCH WITH SUCH A SUPERB CAST THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......
March 15, 2016
Fifties technicolor musical with some great songs, sharp lines and brilliant acting. Marlon Brando is charismatic as always, but Sinatra is even better. Vivian Blaine lends stellar support as long-suffering Adelaide. 'Luck Be A Lady Tonight' and 'Sit Down You're Rocking The Boat' are among the many musical highlights. It may not be as rated as highly as some of the classic musicals, but it remains a personal favourite of mine.
½ February 24, 2016
It has everything you want in a musical: humor, romance, catchy songs, a charming cast and story. The story involves slippery New York underground gamblers in late 1940s finessing the police, their love interests, and each other to set up a craps game. The sweet story stands on own surprisingly well. The music lightens what could be serious situations and gives it a bright fun feeling. Retro movie sets and wardrobe ooze charm and class. Not surprisingly, Frank Sinatra is the MVP. He balances the singing and acting perfectly. He is an irresponsible schuck, but you cannot help but love him anyway. Marlon Brando has the just the right style and personality in the lead role of Sky Materson, but his voice is below average. He gives it a valiant effort, but his insecure talk-singing is not particularly pleasant. The light mood and the rest of the ensemble make up for his deficiency in the music department. The songs themselves are great fun, and they complement the story in a meaningful way. Some of the musical numbers may fail to grab you, but it never kills the momentum. It is an all-around enjoyable feel-good time.
January 24, 2016
My most favorite movie
½ December 6, 2015
I love this play and it would have been pretty hard for them to really mess it up. My only criticism is I wish the acting hadn't been so stiff... Brando wins yet again (despite what he may lack in his vocal skill).
June 28, 2015
Merci pour le bon film papa!
½ June 28, 2015
It was interesting to see Frank Sinatra and Marlon Brando together but i didn't care much about the plot or all those stupid songs. The only things i liked were the two big dancing numbers and maybe Brando's voice during "A woman in love"
½ April 3, 2015
We watched this movie because my sister is doing a play for it. We all hated it and just went on our electronics.
April 2, 2015
Very entertaining and amusing. Brando is fantastic! He really makes the movie work. It seems almost criminal that Sinatra isn't given the "Luck Be a Lady" number. Goes on way too long. I can totally see this being a big influence on Scorsese in making Goodfellas.
February 5, 2015
I really enjoyed this. I have to say, while I expected to like Sinatra in the film since this is, after all, what he does, I was not expecting much from Brando in a roll that required him to sing. While he's no Sinatra, Brando is pretty wonderful in this.
December 30, 2014
A touch over long and only "luck be a lady" being a real stand out song IMO but to see Brando and Sinatra on screen is wonderful at any time
December 29, 2014
Now this is clever - cast Brando & Sinatra and which of them gets the main singing tole? Great stage show, mediocre film.
December 3, 2014
This film just has no originality about it and in a way the plot loses complete meaning halfway through so I found this quite disappointing
½ October 25, 2014
Brando is far from the best of singers but this is a great cinematic production of a classic Broadway musical