Hart's War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Hart's War Reviews

November 18, 2016
Good performances can't save the rather mildly compelling premise.
August 8, 2016
Stupid. Prisoners can have good place to stay.
½ July 16, 2016
160716: What's going on? What's going on? Found this film a little weak until half way through. About there, it picked up steam. Enjoyable if you ignore the minor flaws. Some great actors doing very decent work.
February 29, 2016
A film set during World War 2, it starts out as a POW film but then abruptly goes into a courtroom drama. The cast does what it can but Hart's War is kind of messy and pretty clich├ęd. Its not terrible and the twist isn't horrible, its just kind of easy to figure out
½ February 27, 2016
Decent WWII POW Drama...
January 26, 2016
This slightly over two hour WWII period picture was disappointing. The production quality starts off strong and I was rooting for the American men in the POW camp to learn some humility and become less racist. Throughout the movie, it carried a feeling of contrived artificiality instead of truth. The first half is about surviving the western front and a German stalag where the Germans hold almost no real power. Hart (Ferrell) investigating the murder charge placed on a black American fighter pilot to build a defense case in a makeshift court seemed promising. The whole endeavor is against the odds. He gets more help from the German in charge of the camp and there appears to be some conspiracy among the incredibly racist American officers. Hart is portrayed as too naive and idealistic, but like him I felt so disheartened at the sacrifice that the American leadership deemed necessary.
October 1, 2015
Reaches for more than it can handle, but it's well-acted and earnest in its intentions.
September 13, 2015
Started out great and then went completely stupid. I couldn't even finish it.
½ June 15, 2015
There's a lot going on(too much)and a finer focus would have helped.
June 12, 2015
Good movie, I just completely and totally disagree with the ending, and who the men choose to "honor." Please.
½ June 5, 2015
6/5/2015: An ok movie. The cast was excellent. It's not good enough to watch more than once though. Not enough action or emotion throughout.
½ April 25, 2015
ok WWII pic post in this case way post WWII
½ March 15, 2015
Newer version of a WWII concentration camp saga. Underlying story of a courtroom drama going on in the camp.
March 15, 2015
Excellent WWII POW drama in the tradition of Stalag 13 with an intelligent and interesting screenplay. I can't understand why it didn't do better at the box office, unless those who went to see it were expecting a Die Hard Meets the Nazis type flick.
January 10, 2015
74%
I kind of liked Hart's War when I saw it for the first time. It was a bit dragging at times, but the superior acting from Bruce Willis and Colin Farrel was worth the whole movie.
½ November 28, 2014
I got lost in the midst of the all the subplots. Even though the story is intriguing with strong acting, it was hard to follow.
½ November 23, 2014
A shockingly gripping film that, while slow paced, manages to keep you invested. One of the more powerful films I've taken in recently.
November 16, 2014
Bruce Willis seems a bit out of place but Harts War is still a good film.
July 31, 2014
A good war story about internal conflict amongst POW. Good actors too. One of the films where Bruce Willis actually has hair.
½ July 27, 2014
One of the best war movies ever