Hart's War Reviews

• Sep 03, 2019

Fantastic, action, & disturbingly realistic.

Fantastic, action, & disturbingly realistic.

• Sep 10, 2018

This is a fantastic film! There isn't a lot of "battle action" in this film but it is a wartime movie... Set during WWII inside a P.O.W. Camp it shows the brutality of the Nazi's on their prisoners. This has a fantastic cast & a great story line, I highly recommend this film if your a history buff or just like this type of film... it has some twists & turns & definitely makes you think a bit. All in all this film is a great story of how things were for prisoners of the Germans & also tells the story of how the U.S. military was back then as well. Definitely a film worth checking out!

• Jul 13, 2018

Watchable war movie.

Watchable war movie.

• May 19, 2018

Crap on authenticity. The usual american - all baddies have English accents including the Germans.

• Mar 31, 2018

Solid film. Interesting murder mystery, war movie, and great escape mashed up. Good production values. Pacing dragged a little in the last act.

• Mar 03, 2018

Superior ensemble cast & editing allow this flick to rise above what it might have been as a Willis film.

• Jan 19, 2018

A surprisingly well made and well acted court room drama set in a prisoner of war camp.

• May 16, 2017

When we see we are all pows when we all can't escape this place we wish not to be in. When we see all suffer from being prisoners some longer then others when we can't escape who we are when we are different. When we see we have to let others escape worse fates when we enjoy the luxuries of rank and privileges. When we see not everything we wish to escape from when we belong to do our duty to the highest to do it to its end. When we see we allow others to escape some places they never wished to belong in when we rather see ourselves fighting beyond this place to bring the war to us to fight where we can. When what others can't see what we have done, we pass along through every person to tell it to escape us back home even after death.

• Nov 18, 2016

Good performances can't save the rather mildly compelling premise.

Good performances can't save the rather mildly compelling premise.

• Feb 29, 2016

A film set during World War 2, it starts out as a POW film but then abruptly goes into a courtroom drama. The cast does what it can but Hart's War is kind of messy and pretty clichéd. Its not terrible and the twist isn't horrible, its just kind of easy to figure out