Harvey Reviews

• Aug 10, 2019

An average, mediocre Hollywood movie with all the trappings of something better. The idea is good, but it is never carried out to anyone's satisfaction. Jimmy Stewart is miscast here. He is too amiable and too passive for the role.

• Aug 08, 2019

Entertaining. Jimmy Stewart in a good performance.

Entertaining. Jimmy Stewart in a good performance.

• Jan 27, 2019

"Harvey" is a sweet and playful comedy that, despite the thin script, ends up to be more than enjoyable. To be an "oldie" is quick and full of good quotes, and the brilliance of the two main characters (the real, and the imaginary one too) really makes the movie fly by. As Elwood P. Dowd said I could quote him, here I will: "In this world, you must be oh so smart, or oh so pleasant. Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant."

• Dec 25, 2018

Absolutely brilliant. Hilarious and so subtly done. Based on the award winning play by Mary Chase. It has everything including a truck load of heart.

• Dec 05, 2018

A wonderful family friendly film that puts a smile on your face after you see this

• Sep 29, 2018

The little older lady, Dowd's sister, is funny and very charming. The way she undoes her wedgie right before the guests arrive. So peculiar what Elwood is going through. He's known as the town weirdo. What happened in Elwood's life to make him believe he has an imaginary friend. Wow, that nurse at that Sanitarium is banging. So this Harvey is actually not a friend of Elwood but instead is haunting him. Damn, that Myrtle Turtle girl is desperate to find a guy. Holy shit, that painting depicting Elwood and Harvey was pretty haunting. That rabbit doesn't look cute of goofy or funny at all. Great acting all around. Elwood is such a charming and good hearted person which is something not really associated with someone who thinks he has an imaginary 6 foot tall rabbit as a friend. What a turn of events once we see doors start to open by themselves and the doctor say that he's being followed. I can see Donnie Darko is definitely inspired by this movie. This movie is deeper than what I took from it. It seems like there's more to this movie than what's on the surface. I feel like I have to give it another watch. There's so many questions I still have. People start to see Harvey after what? Why did Harvey choose Elwood? Because he was so frequent on the booze?

• May 13, 2018

Really, Only 84%?!!! This movie will give you back faith in humanity. Yes, it is hokey. And, if you pay attention, has secon-by-second humor that is absolutely delightful.

• Apr 15, 2018

James Stewart's charm almost excuses the film's rather alarming portrayal of women, alcoholism and mental illness. It drags at times, it's not really witty enough and overall, it's pretty creaky.

• Mar 26, 2018

One of my all time favorite movies.

One of my all time favorite movies.

• Feb 19, 2018

Stewart provides a wonderful performance as a man who befriends an invisible 6ft rabbit. Woven within entertaining farce lie powerful messages about the labels of insanity and tolerance. Admirably daring for its time, and entertaining still today.