Headhunters - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Headhunters Reviews

January 21, 2017
Fantasticaly original story with some humour and action. Wonderful movie
January 21, 2017
Nesbö on kirjailijoista paras, ja tämä yksi hänen parhaista kirjoistaan. Leffa oli uskollinen kirjan juonelle, vähän oli jouduttu oikaisemaan, kun elokuvan keinoin ei ihan kaikkea pysty toteuttamaan. Kirja oli parempi, mutta leffakin oli hyvä. Norjan kieltä on tosin kamala kuunnella.
½ December 30, 2016
Entertaining Norwegian action film.
½ December 1, 2016
A good movie but you have to read subtitles the whole time. Lots of action and twists and turns that make it worthwhile, though.
½ November 29, 2016
I just found out that Jo Nesbo is a man
½ November 5, 2016
Absurd yet intriguing and sleek. A cat and mouse game flick with some clever twists.
October 8, 2016
You might think this Scandinavian thriller has tied up all it's loose ends, but you have to realize that it was never tightly-scripted to begin with. Nevertheless, "Headhunters" is an exhilarating thriller.
August 1, 2016
I enjoyed this film very much. Very well done.
½ July 13, 2016
Roger is a headhunter who doubles as an art thief in order to afford his and his wife's, Diana, expensive lifestyle. Roger starts off as kind of an ambitious jerk who feels insecure about his height, so he sleeps around because he feels that his beautiful, smart wife is going to get fed up with him and his refusal to have children and eventually leave him.
Enter Clas Greve (played by the dangerously dreamy looking Nikolaj Coster Waldeau), who shows up in Roger's life looking for a job, and possessing a rare Rubens painting. When Roger finds something in Greve's apartment, while stealing the painting, his world starts to crumble all around him, eventually leading to an AMAZINGLY crazy cat and mouse game. THIS is how a thriller should be done. I was just as confused as the main character. Amazing movie, and I highly recommend it.
½ July 11, 2016
This was seriously a great movie. All the visceral fun of an action film, without the schlock and dumbing down of characters and motivations. It's a relatively straight forward plot, but it's subtle and has its own style and unique perspective. There's a tinge of film-noir, and the Coen Brothers are probably watching it right now saying "damn, I wish we did that."
½ July 9, 2016
An off-kilter thriller that has a dark sense of humor and is smart enough to never pander to the audience. When an over-compensating corporate headhunter runs afoul of a CEO who has the hots for his wife, a deadly game of cat and mouse ensues. The layers of the mystery are peeled back with skill and precision that will leave you surprised and the violence is staged in a fun spot between incompetent realism with just enough stylistic flair to make it a little more nauseating. Who says smart and fun have to be mutually exclusive?
½ June 11, 2016
A pretty crazy burglar movie with a nice love story. I loved the brutality. This was action packed and a little hard to believe at points, but I loved it.
May 30, 2016
You and I don't exist.

A headhunter, thief, and killer when needed are hired to steal an infamous painting from a ruthless mercenary. The mercenary will deploy unusual measures to keep the thief from being successful. The thief gets caught in the mercenary's web of security measures and quickly finds his life at risk. The headhunter will need to cut, murder, and sacrifice if he hopes to be success.

"Like I was trying to say before I was interrupted by a Russian prostitute..."

Morten Tyldum, director of The Imitation Game, Buddy, Fallen Angels, and the upcoming Passengers, delivers Heahunters. The storyline for this picture is fairly unique and blends crime drama with action and gore. The cinematography is excellent as is the acting.

"I've got her for the whole weekend!"

I came across this some time ago on Netflix and randomly decided to add it to my wish list. I just got around to seeing it and found this way better than I anticipated. I adored how the main character was written and presented. I recommend seeing this once for fans of foreign film.

"I've been scared since I met you."

Grade: B+
½ April 16, 2016
Excellent flick..Loved it..!
April 2, 2016
You will never look at a roll of toilet paper the same way again. Fabulous thriller.
½ March 19, 2016
Thrilling, not clever enough.
February 14, 2016
It's the darkly comic, and absurd moments that standout. I agree though that the macabre nature of certain sequences almost overpower the film.
January 25, 2016
blood, shit (seriously!) and a skinny naked man in a pretty and rainy Norvegian country side. Hair gel that allows you to be tracked down by electronic device and one seriously dead dog. Do I need to say more? I am beginning to think that the Norvegian films are a lost cause.... unlike the ones from its southern neighbor...

That and 0,5 stars i had given back in time to this. Why? I never know, as it is well avarage three star extravaganza. Maybe i had a bad day then....
January 18, 2016
Totes ridiculous ending, but really good fun and gory film
January 17, 2016
This was a great hidden gem. Watch it if you have Netflix now! You won't be disappointed.