The History Boys Reviews

• Jan 04, 2019

Tried watching this twice now, got the furthest the second time. The pupil actors are unbelievable as non-public school pupils. The sex story between pupil and secretary is also a bit of a stretch as is the interplay between the homosexual general studies teacher and the pupils. The dialogue is insulting to the achievements of people who do work hard to get into Oxbridge yet also manages to insult all pupils who get into other Universities .... this is through the tone. I bet Bennett wrote it better, I appreciate his work, but this totally fails to be convincing and realistic, which is critical when we are being shown a famiiar Universe.

• May 21, 2018

A witty script full of quips that go beyond today's typical "dumb humor." The film's main theme questions the real meaning and purpose of education, while also addressing the difficulties of homosexuality and possible outcomes of individual choices throughout different life stages.

• Jan 28, 2018

Eu realmente acho que essa história deve ter funcionado como uma peça, mas como um fillme nem tanto. É um Clube do Imperador só que maçante. Os atores são todos bons, tanto que é vários têm boas carreiras atualmente.

• Jan 02, 2018

This was surprisingly better than I expected... & that ending is just eating at me... being that I had never seen the play, the whole film played out as new... and I won't forget that film for a quite a while... with impressive performances by all.

• Jan 26, 2017

The History Boys is a wonderful film written by Allan Bennett, it was a stage susses round the world with a great cast of know English actors and upping younger actors. The interplay between the characters is wonderful, 'Hector' [Richard Griffihs] is the centre character and his Headmaster [Clive Merrison] has clashes about teaching meatheads and other maters. I could pick-out the enter cast for excellent work, but now you should have noted I have enjoyed this film; many times.

• Oct 03, 2016

One of my all-time favorites.

One of my all-time favorites.

• Sep 15, 2016

I don't think I've ever been so uncomfortable while watching a film before. It's not even that the film is awful either. It has nothing to work with. The play is horrendous. Why teenagers study this in school I will never know. All the characters are so twisted, sick and unrealistic that you can never immerse yourself into it as you just know you're watching a bad film. It also has one of the happiest sad endings I've ever seen. You can definitely tell Bennett was drunk when he wrote this play.

• Jul 17, 2016

Hauska, erilainen, ajatuksia herättävä elokuva. (y)

Hauska, erilainen, ajatuksia herättävä elokuva. (y)

• May 29, 2016

Education is important but lessons can be learnt in AND out of the classroom. Look around you. History is all around and lessons can be learnt from books and observing those around you.

• Mar 05, 2016