Hustle & Flow Reviews

• Jun 27, 2020

The performances are a huge asset but it is an unpleasant film with really unlikable characters.

• Jun 02, 2020

I love this movie, for me is original, nothin like I never seen before the the music and lyrics and fantastic, Terrance Howard and Tajari Hensong their chemistry incredible, love them both..

• Feb 12, 2020

ABOUT DREAMING BIG / Hustle & Flow is a one of a kind movie about dreams and specifically about music related dreams. Is catchy, harsh, amazing, exhilarating and touching. Terrific performance by Terrence Howard that gives a lot of soul to the story; a convinced cast with an amazing direction that create something to be, undeniably, a cult of the genre. One of a kind.

• Dec 17, 2019

A film that you would think is "deep" if you saw it in 8th grade. Hustle & Flow is a 2005 music drama that follows the life of DJay as he seeks fame through music. The Good: The film is gritty and no character has a straight walk to success. The film keeps the audience on its toes cheering for the protagonist each step of the way. The setbacks suffered keep the carrot of catharsis always one step ahead. But upon further inspection, we see that where the film could have taken different directions (or the same ones further). Whenever the film had those opportunities, it hesitated. Many more decisions could have happened that'd give the movie a deeper meaning. Though the film means to show struggle, some important things happen too easily to be believable. Some character development is rushed for the sake of the plot but leaves holes in the plot. The film seems to rush a few too many points. Yet, Hustle & Flow is still an enjoyable film. Great to see if you want some drama that you don't want to dwell too much on. 3/5. Average, enjoyable but not great.

• Nov 03, 2019

An excellent, gritty performance from Terrance Howard(great way to open the movie with his character giving the nature of man monologue) and some surprising dramatic substance from Anthony Anderson kept me hooked. As a whole I wasn't always emotionally envolved to what was going on, being that I'm not a big hip hop fan or anything like I used to be, but this is a solid watch. The beating of Ludacris's cocky Skinny Black character was satisfying to watch as well.

• Oct 15, 2019

The movie has character and some deep emotion. Terrence Howard does a very good job as a pimp / street hustler. Taryn Manning also does a good job in her supporting role. Supporting could be used in a facet of different ways. (If you know what I mean). Its not usually a movie that I would watch, but I can't say I wasn't surprised how much I enjoyed it. If your into movies that show the daily rise and grind, in a urban environment. Then you'll definitely enjoy this movie. It may turn some people off on how dark and real it can be at times. Not everything in the movie works to its benefit. The first two acts were really good and then the third act just doesn't fit well to me.

• May 15, 2019

HUSTLE and FLOW the BEST MOVIE EVER it's about how Empire first started

HUSTLE and FLOW the BEST MOVIE EVER it's about how Empire first started

• May 08, 2019

Hustle and Flow is like a time capsule of the mid 2000s rap scene, it reeks of repetitive flow, but man it’s still a beat

• Apr 06, 2019

this movie takes me back, just feel the need to express my love for it, this one makes you feel many emotions, happy sad, empathetic and hopefull, you want to see Djay succeed from low to high, absolute legendary movie. also Terrence Howard.... enough said

• Mar 09, 2019

Love the hood appeal in this movie. A must if you like hiphop.

Love the hood appeal in this movie. A must if you like hiphop.