Imperial Dreams Reviews

• May 09, 2019

Wow this movie was powerful. It showed the struggle of a returning citizen trying to get away from the trappings of his old life, so he could make a better life for his son. He wants out so much but the prison of poverty, discrimination, and his past continue to place roadblocks in front of him.

• Jan 25, 2019

Una leccion de vida, es el drama en el que nos sumerge el director Malik Booth, Una trama contundente es un retrato de supervivencia en el ghetto ,que el actor Jonh Boyega Logra concretar de manera acertada.

• Dec 25, 2018

was so captivated that I didn't know it was the end until the credits rolled through. and It left me wondering did he get his story published? Did he get his son? how did his brother get the money to continue school? I absolutely loved this movie though!

• Oct 12, 2018

Great acting. Slow movie.

Great acting. Slow movie.

• Mar 04, 2018

This movie was a very inspirational and well done movie about the struggles of growing up in the hood and trying to get.

• Feb 17, 2018

Incredible emotional with John Boyega absolutely killing the role.

Incredible emotional with John Boyega absolutely killing the role.

• Feb 11, 2018

I love the authenticity of this movie. The performances by the actors were amazing.

• Sep 29, 2017

Really enjoyed this movie, despite it being predictably sad and disheartening. John Boyenga is like a Denzel clone in this movie, in a good way. 8.5/10.

• Jul 29, 2017

Imperial Dreams is a solid film but one with a story that is overly familiar. It does do a good job of framing the corrupt nature of the rehabilitation cycle in America, but doesn't stop it from feeling like a film I've seen many times before.

• Jul 03, 2017

One of my top 3 favorites. Relentlessly honest examination into the life of an aspirational black man.