Insidious: Chapter 2 Reviews

• Jun 29, 2019

Absolutely terrifying, but also consists of some fantastic foreshadowing. Keeps you on edge throughout and is definitely enough to keep you up at night. Can't think of a movie which scared me as much as this one since the first installment of the franchise. A must watch for horror enthusiasts.

• Jun 22, 2019

A good sequel, especially with James Wan directing two films in one year. It's not scary tho and that's my let down, it needs a bit more scary scenes. I'll give Insidious Chapter 2 a C

• May 29, 2019

I really like the first one but, sadly, this one couldn't meet up to the first. It wasn't even remotely scary; the characters were good though but that wasn't able to help. The first movie introduced a freaking creepy villain/demon, the second had nothing. It was very predictable but luckily the cinematography at least made for some good shots

• May 21, 2019

It was as if wan was trying to pull every trick that he could possibly think of to make this scary and but still, for some reason couldn't pull it off.

• Apr 30, 2019

100% worth it amazingly made the music made it more intense but some points there was no need for a jump scare look forward to insidious 5 but I'm making insidious 6

• Apr 15, 2019

Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013) 7 out of 10: A horror ghost movie sequel what could be scarier. Those still terrified after Poltergeist 2 and 3 and Blair Witch 2 I have some good news. Insidious bucks that trend and provides a sequel at the same level or even better than the original movie. The Good: Patrick Wilson is the key here. Without an actor of his caliber, I am not sure the film would work at all. He is asked to do some hefty lifting, and his George Lutz style characterization would make James Brolin proud. The film also avoids the inadvertent hilarity that has plagued some of its contemporaries. No-one is naked wearing a goats head in this one. As an aside, my wife liked this movie. My wife at best tolerates horror movies and often falls asleep in what I suspect is a defense mechanism. But she was engaged and now wants to see Insidious 3. The Bad: I am not afraid of no ghosts. Why are any the characters scared half the time? There is a lot made of how a children's toy (An obnoxious baby walker that is festooned with lights and noisemakers and was a gift from something evil.) justs makes noises on its own. Well, anyone with kids will tell you those toys will go off on their own on a fairly regular schedule. Which brings me to the following query, how can ghosts work in a house with cats? I mean I live in a decent sized house. But I also have five cats. If I hear a crashing sound in another room, my first thought is not visitors from another realm it's a feline that is unhappy with the beef mix Friskies offering. If objects are moved around apparently on their own, I assure you I am looking for telltale paw prints not ectoplasm. While I do like the way, the movie doesn't hand hold I admit I was a bit lost when threads were seeming dropped and new characters appeared out of nowhere. For example, there is a whole plot point about Patrick Wilson being a suspect in Lin Shaye's murder at the end of the last film. A plot point complete with police interrogation and stern police detectives that seems like it is going to play a significant role at the beginning of the movie, only to be quickly dropped and never brought up again. I mean it is a murder charge, not a traffic ticket. They are not going to drop the charges because you claim the voices have left your house. The Ugly: Oh goody comic relief. The comic relief is so broad I half expected the ghost of Jim Varney to show up and start a routine, hey Vern check this out I am going to vacuum one of these Poultry Goosts. Oh no, there are two of them, and they are both trying to pee on me. Oh no Vern they have crossed the streams. In Conclusion: I liked this movie. It is a proper horror movie, yet it is one that can be enjoyed by the whole family. Patrick Wilson classes the place up, but there was good acting all the way around. Plus this one avoided the sappiness of the first film for the most part and for that I thankful.

• Mar 28, 2019

Despite what others may have said about this film, I really enjoyed it for it's tie to the first installment and the time travel through the further theme. It was also a scary as all hell movie.

• Mar 12, 2019

not as good as the first. felt like a copy and paste at times and mostly a money grabber but overall at the same time if your a fan of the series or even james wan. then just like me your going to watch it anyways and enjoy to see what happens scene after scene.

• Jan 10, 2019

Not scary enough, it needs more powerful spirit-like figures that actually creeps you out, but the storyline was ok tho.

• Dec 26, 2018