Into the Storm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Into the Storm Reviews

July 13, 2016
A worthy, though somewhat less engaging sequel to The Gathering Storm.
June 10, 2016
I really enjoyed this film. I love history, and I've always been fascinated by Churchill. This movie sought to portray the real man behind the media caricature, and I think it succeeded. The acting was spot-on; many of the scenes were very moving. Now I've got to find the first film in the series.
½ March 9, 2016
One Guy Saves The European Free-World From A Devilish New Politucal Tiranny, But Gets The Boot Once All's Well. A Deeply Personal Affair. One That Is Carriied Off Well By Brendan. It's Good For What It's Worth, Exploring The Behind-Scenes Politics Of Things, But Holds Nothing Spectacularly Riveting. It Was Quite Boring In Parts Really.
February 29, 2016
A brilliant portrayal, in my humble estimation.
December 19, 2015
Brilliant biopic.

The story of Winston Churchill's World War 2 life. From the outset, to him becoming Prime Minister and further, capturing all the major highs and lows. The famous speeches and quotes are all there.

Concludes with the 1945 election, where the British people betrayed Churchill and ushered in a more socialist Britain, and ended an empire.

Solid direction and script.

What makes the movie, however, is Brendan Gleeson. He IS Churchill, to the smallest mannerism. Brilliant performance by him.

Excellent performance too from Janet McTeer as Clementine, Churchill's wife.
½ February 20, 2015
Does not break new ground but Gleeson shines.
December 11, 2014
Quite a good movie. I didn't know much about Churchhill.
August 6, 2014
I enjoy with this film
½ April 1, 2014
if you want to bone up on Churchill then this is the film for you. If you want anything else then skip this. It really isn't that special.
July 27, 2013
Great acting carries this episodic but fascinating character study of a complex Winston Churchill.
½ July 25, 2013
i dont want to say much because i m tired.
nice movie, definately. nice dialogs, very nice played churchill, i liked the ending. very cool, very nice. it s difficult to make a film exciting enough when you already know what s happening (historically) the film made it happen. nice movie. thanks
January 1, 2013
A good performance and insight into churchills character. Some touching moments and a dose of reality give us an intimate look into the daily grind of the powerful British hero during the war.
December 11, 2012
There's no questioning the performance of Brendan Gleeson as Winston Churchill, the sharp dialogue or the technical ability of Director Thaddeus O'Sullivan...however, I felt the experience was incomplete, leaving me wanting more.
½ October 4, 2012
Into the Storm is a fascinating biopic about the great Winston Churchill. This is a sequel to The Gathering Storm that tells the story of Churchill's years as war time prime minister. The film's power lies in the performance of Brendan Gleason who is absolutely stunning in the role of Winston Churchill. I thought he nailed his performance and in turn he sounded, looked like Churchill. The film is a terrific piece of cinema and it should be seen by history buffs everywhere as well as viewers who enjoy a well crafted biopic. The direction by Thaddeus O'Sullivan is immaculate and crafts a stunning picture with an effective plot and wonderful performances. Winston Churchill was one of the most important figures of the 20th century. His tenacity and audacity in the face of invasion by German Forces made him a symbol. This film brings that to light. Gleeson is a superb choice to play Winston Churchill. I've always enjoyed him in films, but with this role, he really shines. I think this was the role he was meant to play. This ranks as one of his best performances. Into the Storm is a terrific biopic and with the help of a great cast, it redefines what a biopic can be. The film is at times slow, but it never is dull. This is a near flawless picture and is a stunning biopic that ranks along with Che as a stunning work on the subject it explores. A very interesting, and riveting film, and as an admirer of Winston Churchill, I recommend this film to anyone who are interested in the man, the hero, and the icon that is Winston Churchill.
½ September 30, 2012
Once again HBO films war drama done to perfection. Great acting in this.
½ February 29, 2012
A worthy sequel to 'The Gathering Storm.' Gleeson is a fantastic actor!
½ February 13, 2012
Gleeson's portrayal of Churchill is excellent. The film is not entirely driving in terms of its narrative, and it could have painted some of the intricacies of Churchill's character a little better, but it is a compelling biopic well worth watching.
January 21, 2012
an intriguing look at winston churchill's war years, even if this movie is covering so much ground that it really feels like it's just scratching the surface of most of the events depicted here.
½ January 19, 2012
Genial, una muestra más de las buenas producciones británicas.

Hasta un persona en apariencia frío como Churchill es reflejado de una manera conmovedora.
½ January 15, 2012
The movie really had no meat. Unfortunately, the stereotypical sequel that does not lie up the the original.