Iron Eagle II Reviews

• Feb 21, 2020

I love this series as a kid, but the magic of the first one just wasn't there

I love this series as a kid, but the magic of the first one just wasn't there

• Nov 20, 2018

Poor sequel to an already pretty dumb movie.

Poor sequel to an already pretty dumb movie.

• May 16, 2017

This was one of the most horrible movies I've ever seen growing up in the 80s. From the hot shot pilot using lines from Top Gun, I would have said, I'm not quoting Top Gun, you're nuts. The plot of the movie was horrible , that acting was horrible. One of the worst films ever made.

• May 04, 2016

Cappy saves the day in this pointless sequel.

Cappy saves the day in this pointless sequel.

• Aug 10, 2015

not bad as far as sequels go

not bad as far as sequels go

• Apr 15, 2015

A sequel that never gets off the ground.

A sequel that never gets off the ground.

• Alex r Super Reviewer
    Jan 01, 2014

Sequel to the Top Gun rip-off, Iron Eagle, Iron Eagle II is a bad clichéd riddled film that has a poorly written script, poor cast and overall really sloppy direction and little emphasis on quality and excitement. This is pure B movie trash that is lazy in its execution and in the end it's a poor attempt at an action film. I found the original to be decent fun, one of those films that are so bad it's good, however here; there is nothing to suggest to the viewer that this will be a fun, trashy B flick. Oh, it's bad, but not the so bad it's good film you'd like it to be. I really don't see why they made a sequel to Iron Eagle, it's very unnecessary as the first film didn't have anything special going for it. This film is pointless and is just a waste of time. Don't watch it, as you find a shroud of originality here. The ideas become more ridiculous, and the performances are laughable, even by this series standards. Watch the original instead, it wasn't much, but it was a campy, entertaining decent action film that didn't need a sequel. The writers here try to make something that might look exciting on paper, but when the result is displayed on-screen, it's laughable and pointless from start to finish. The action is bland as well as the acting. If you enjoy low budget B films, you may enjoy this, but to others, this will be an awful let down. Definitely not worth seeing. Stick with the first one, which was definitely not great, but it did manage to provide cheesy camp value.

• Nov 16, 2012

Aerial scenes are great but it's hard to expect more.

Aerial scenes are great but it's hard to expect more.

• Oct 27, 2012

Unprofessional American pilots team with Soviets in a joint mission. Still wondering why the original movie's hero, Doug Masters, is inexplicably killed by goofing off in Soviet airspace. Shameful that Jason Gedrick is not even credited.

• Aug 25, 2012

It was ok at it's best. It is unrealistic beyond belief but it's somewhat interesting. Besides Humphrey was quite easy on the lady eyes in this one.