Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

½ April 18, 2018
Shane Black brings his unique mystery comedy Christmas-y vibe to the table for this comic book film along with some great action sequences and great performances. The character development for pretty much every character though is pretty flat. The villain and hero don't match at all. And the tone is all over the place. A few moments of really serious terror and then jokes. I think there was a good movie about Tony stark learning more about himself beyond the suit but it was bogged down by a poorly structured narrative and underdeveloped characters that made the experience just eh.
April 17, 2018
First of all I didn't even know who Mandarin was at this time. Turns out that Mandarin is one of Iron Man's main villains, yet Mandarin in the movie happen to be a disappointment. I don't know what they were thinking on making the Mandarin lame . Now to James Rhodes! Why they have to change to change War Machine to Iron Patriot?! Iron Patriot is Norman Osborn! Beside that he didn't even do that much in the movie! He did better in Iron Man 2, but Iron Man 3 he was just a waist of time! I still think it's an okay movie! It could have went the other way! Especially with Mandarin being more like the comics!
½ April 15, 2018
Director Shane Black replaces Jon Favreau in delivering the third installment in the franchise, crafting some odd turn of events, unconventional direction and storyline, making it a strange flick with random decisions that won't necessarily please fans, nor average audieces, but in regards of its action, style and eye-candy-science-fiction focuses, it passes thanks to its appealing lead role on Robert Downey Jr. along plenty of popcorn features.
½ April 13, 2018
comparatively uneventful, and more anecdote than epic conclusion in the hit trilogy. not as grounded as the first two and lacking a decent plot. the twist is entertaining and admittedly funny, but ultimately anticlimactic. robert downey jr has an unprecedentedly odd voice here. the most I can say is that it's somewhat sentimental to the tone of the first. in the end, however, it is unfaithful to the comics and the overbearing jokes during the serious moments grow tiresome, unlike the more moderate, subtle humour in the first two.
April 12, 2018
amazing movie, great action great story intense throughout, very funny, prefect end to the trilogy (5 viewings)
April 11, 2018
'Iron Man 3' is more of the charming-wit of Robert Downey Jr. surrounded by explosions and impressive action sequences, but the plot remains unoriginal and surprisingly very dark.
April 8, 2018
The shift from Favreau's directing style is off-putting, but another strong performance from Downey Jr. and some remarkable set pieces make Iron Man 3 a welcome addition to the franchise.
½ April 7, 2018
Iron man 3 was an okay movie but coming off the first two Iron Man movies plus the first movie after the Avengers it was a huge let down. Don't get me wrong it wasn't total trash but this movie should have been alot better. The story was okay but what was lacking was a good villain I mean Aldrich Killian just wasn't big enough to fill the position. Now Robert Downey Jr performance was once again great and the look of the film with all the Iron Man suits flying around was pretty cool i even liked the part with the kid helping Tony but the plot was just to weak. I also couldn't buy Pepper Potts role in this movie it was just out of hand.They never did make an Iron Man 4 and I don't know if they ever will but if they do it has to be better then this movie
½ April 6, 2018
This is one of my least favorite MCU movies. It lacks too much for me. It's a bit lackluster even though I love Iron Man. The least favorite of the iron man movies for me.
(78/100)
Iron Man 3 is the end of the Iron Man trilogy and it was quite good but lacks in some areas. The villain was different this time around, I liked it but they kind off messed up with The Mandarin (Ben Kingsley). Also the changes in mood when *SPOILER* Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) sort off dies was a bit interruptive: Pepper sort off dies and not a minute after that there is a joke was implemented in the scene. But it does deal very well with the effects of PTSD that Tony (Robert Downey Jr.) has after the battle of New York. Overall it's a pretty ok movie and a good entry in the MCU.
½ April 6, 2018
(2013) FILM: "IRON MAN III"
Director: Shane Black
Lead Actors: Robert Downey Jr./ Gwyneth Paltrow
Don Cheadle/ Guy Pierce
"IRON MAN III" should have been the greatest accomplishment out of the films three series. The predecessors successfully succeeded in building a great reputation that was universally marvelous to audiences of all types which even included the anti graphic novelist. While watching this much anticipated blockbuster film I'd instantly noticed that it was not only done by a different director but that it had a completely new film crew from the previous two films causing the finale of a great trilogy unfortunately to severely sufferer from it! Overall I was extremely disappointed but fortunately for us, we now have "The Avengers" for any and all things Tony Stark in the future!
April 6, 2018
not a bad movie, but i was disappointed. Barely got to see the iron man in this movie. Also made the iron man suit look extremely vulnerable as so many suits were destroyed with little effort. Didnt do the character justice to me
April 6, 2018
Not terrible just confusing and dumb.
April 2, 2018
Slightly better than its prequel, Iron Man 3 still struggles to reclaim the monumental moments of the first film, and fails to impress me.
April 2, 2018
Solid MCU film that after distancing it from it's infamous plot twist, holds up as the best in the "Iron Man" franchise, along with being a fun holiday film. Downey is his usual excellence as Tony Stark, bringing his usual humor & charisma to the role while also portraying him with PTSD after the events in "The Avengers". He gets nice support from the rest of the cast, especially Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin (get past the twist, he's fun to watch) and Guy Pearce is nicely slimy as Killian. Behind the screen, Shane Black brings his trademark humor & one-liners to the MCU while also showing he's a darn good action director (the final action sequence is a showstopper). While the big twist on who the villain is jarring at first, it does work on repeat viewings, commenting on the theatrically on superheroes & their villains. However, one still wishes it was a bit more polished, thus maybe it wouldn't have affected the viewers so much originally. Overall, an entertaining film from beginning to end, and thanks to another Shane Black trademark setting it during Christmas, a great addition to the holiday movie rotation.
March 31, 2018
The Iron man franchise should have stooped at the first one, it has an expected plot, a wist that was expected too, and everything that saves this movie is the action and iron mans suits, still this movie is actually ok
March 28, 2018
There are some things to enjoy about this movie. Seeing all the different Iron man suits was good. Having all the the Iron man suits be the same color and mostly the same style up to this point was getting tiring, so having new suits and a new way for Tony to call it was a very nice introduction. While I wasn't a big fan of the more natural color of the suit in the beginning, it did grow on me throughout the movie. The relationship Tony had with the kid and Pepper was great as well. You could feel that Tony and Pepper had history and their chemistry was always great. The introduction of the younger kid showed a nice new side of Tony and the jokes with the watch were good. I also liked the fact that the villain (more on that later) was not a guy in an Iron man suit. While I did enjoy Iron Man 2, I felt the final battle with Whiplash in a suit felt forced and unearned. This final scene with the extremis drones felt more natural as we had seen their journey as villains.

Now let's start the bad things off with undoubtedly the biggest complaint everyone has on this movie, the mandarin. It was just terrible. When the trailers came out it showed a villain worthy of the audience's fear, he was leader of a terrorist group, he wanted to fight the Avengers for thinking they were better than everyone else. He didn't care who he hurt, he was a threat. When it was revealed that he was an actor, the movie just stopped for me at that point. They tried to correct by having Killian say he was the true mandarin, but the damage to me was already done. I was looking forward to Iron man going back and fighting the terrorists that created him, not some whiny guy who got stronger and can apparently only breathe fire for show.

Another big problem I had was with the direction they took the new suits. I loved seeing all the different types of suits, what I didn't love was the fact that we never got to see what the different suits did. The promos showed, the space suit, the deep sea suit, the drill suit. I was speculating that the battles could be across different terrains and it was up to the suits to help Tony out of the situation. All they ended up doing was coming apart and flying about. It made them all feel the same and so, worthless. The only one that did anything different was Igor, which everyone thought would be the proto-hulkbuster, so having him literally used to hold up some metal poles felt a bit wasted.

I also didn't like the different types of Tony Stark we got in the film. We got a guy who was able to build suits no problem, but then we got a guy who was suffering PTSD after going through the wormhole in the Avengers. We then got the guy who built tech from a kid's toy in order to get into the hide out, which was then followed by a guy who didn't even know how to use a gun. His character felt all over the place and just didn't work for me. There was nothing in Avengers to say that he was suffering, and there was nothing afterwards. He has a fear of something coming but not sleepless nights. It just didn't work for me.

Verdict: Major Surgery

While this film did have some nice moments, overall it just did not work for me. I wanted an Iron man that had to face the demons of his past. The 10 rings, the fact that he had stared an alien race in the face, this new super human serum coming back from someone he had shrugged off could all have shown that Iron man's actions have consequences, but it ended up just being a forgettable movie that didn't progress the larger MCU in any way.
½ March 26, 2018
Par for the course compared to Iron Man 2, and not as good as Iron Man 1. Let's end series here. Good show!
½ March 25, 2018
Overall, the film was decent, but that is it, only decent. The film could have easily have been much better, and I really wish it was, as it was the last in the trilogy. Because of this, I am rating the film a 7/10.
March 24, 2018