Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

½ April 25, 2017
This movie does not deserve all the hate it was getting when released. Yes, it does have tons of flaws, but it offers many new creative twists to the formula.
½ April 22, 2017
WORST MARVEL MOVIE EVER !
April 21, 2017
I would not agree with the consensus that this is the weakest of Iron man's solo outings, instead i would suggest that honour falls to number 2. I don't know if that is down to my multiple viewings of 2 and 3 still being relatively fresh overtime I watch it. Some felt that the Mandarin's legacy was ruined by this film but i instead believe it to be strengthened with the subtle references throughout and the continuation of the story in the Marvel one shot. I also liked Tony's journey of being affected by dieing in Avengers and this is now being seen in the latter films also. You could argue that the use of both Extremis and the Mandarin in this one film means there are not many other Iron man stories you can touch on but I still think the film was enjoyable.
½ April 15, 2017
It was ok...not what I expected. This movie is what Dark Knight 3 was to the franchise. Never really lived up to the hype. Few action scenes mixed with poor use of the Mandarin leaves me unfulfilled.
April 5, 2017
The Mandarin plot twist can go fuck itself but I still really enjoy this movie.
½ April 2, 2017
About as enjoyable as Iron Man 2, just a bit slower in pace, and involves a weaker villain. It still contains enjoyable sequences like every Iron Man film, but is undoubtedly the weakest of the Iron Man trilogy.
April 2, 2017
Iron Man 3 may not quite live up to the original, but it's undoubtedly an improvement over Iron Man 2. Shane Black's directing is a welcome breath of fresh air, and the setting makes the film qualify as an Alternative Christmas movie, which is a nice touch. Robert Downey Jr. is still the perfect Tony Stark. The supporting cast are all somewhere between competent and great. Unlike most people, I didn't hate the twist with the Mandarin. While it was unexpected and maybe not the best idea, it was a ballsy move, and one I didn't see coming.
April 1, 2017
TREVOR! Oh man my favorite MCU movie ever!!!
April 1, 2017
buena pelicula aunque debieron manejar mejor al mandarin
March 25, 2017
Iron man 3 is really god damn good, I know there are people raving about it saying it's not accurate to the comics but honestly those people are just making excuses, this movie is very well made it has a very good story, the characters are once again fantastic because Shane black directed the movie, the action is great and so are the special effects, the soundtrack in this movie is very good, it's a really good summer movie, it's fun
½ March 20, 2017
Finds inventive new ways of destroying the comics its based from.
March 18, 2017
Definitely plugs in the holes that Iron Man 2 broke open, but there are still some to fill to equal the Iron Man 1 film success. My Score: 83%
March 7, 2017
I know, I'm a bit behind on my Marvel films, but to be honest, after Iron Man 2, I really wasn't looking forward to seeing another one. There's no doubt that Marvel films have gone from simple stories about superheroes to epic adventures with the best writers and actors in Hollywood, but the fact is Iron Man 2 was your typical disappointing sequel. In the third installment of the Iron Man adventure though, the franchise bounces back in a huge way, as we get a story that not only rivals the original, but in my opinion knocks it on it's ass! Iron Man 3 finally answers the question does the suit make the man or does the man make the suit, as Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) faces his toughest enemy yet, the one with the greatest reach, that no one sees coming. With his team and gear in ruins, Stark is left to lamb it in the middle of nowhere, and in a sense start over and find himself all over again. After playing Tony Stark for so long and appearing in just about every film Marvel has made in the last decade, Robert Downey Jr. knows everything there is to know about the character, and it has never been more apparently than it is here. Writers utilize cannon from various comics, graphic novels, previous movies, and really delve deeply into the character like never before. I also like the fact that it wasn't just another film with Stark in his lab full of toys. This time he's stranded in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by new people, having to start from scratch, it gave the whole thing a much more realistic feel to it, and finally there's the villain. While I loved every second of the Avengers, the truth is that the bad guys are aliens and aren't all that realistic. The Mandarin is a really bad guy and he's as real as the rest of us, needless to say I loved it. If you're not the huge fan I am and you only decide to see one of the Iron Man films, I'd choose this one. Rarely do I ever suggest seeing anything but the original, where it all started, but in this case, the effects are better, Downey's knowledge of the character is better, the writing is much better, and it's not the same old tagline you tend to get with introductory films.
½ March 6, 2017
In my opinion, this is the most underrated Marvel movie. I don't get the hate. The story is fascinating, the acting is superb, and the effects make it look real. The only negative was how they used the Mandarin. But even that is all cleared up by the one-shot "All Hail the King".
½ March 5, 2017
A snappy pacy first half is let down by a weak second half. Robert Downey Jr. seems to have a panic attack but somehow that isn't explored much. Another racy movie though but doesn't live up to expectations.
March 4, 2017
Not only does Iron Man 3 gives us that stupid twist in the middle, but like the second film, it doesn't bring anything new or solid towards the MCU.
March 2, 2017
Probably the worst of all the MCU movies. Visually very cool, but story wise, terrible. Has a wasted performance by an amazing actor, Ben Kingsley. Started out amazing and though maybe the MCU would have a villain other than Loki (and also Red Skull) who was worth a damn, but nope turns out to be a swerve, a really bad swerve. This is a movie that I've seen once and don't know if I'll ever see again, a huge disappointment.
½ February 27, 2017
The action is spectacular, the effects are Oscar-worthy, and yet, the movie never seems to lose its focus on its main subject: the man BEHIND the mask, a somewhat Shakespearean-style hero with a troubled past, once again, played FLAWLESSLY by Mr. Robert Downey Jr.
½ February 26, 2017
The strange plot twist lowers this film from heights it could have achieved, but masterful acting and special effects that improve upon what marvel has already done make this film at least entertaining. However, what it does not improve on is Marvel's strangely forgettable villains.
February 20, 2017