Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

½ January 21, 2017
Absolutely loved this movie. Unfortunately, it was not as good as the first Iron Man movie. Most true comic book fans are going to be absolutely pissed with the character twist in the movie, and they have every right to be. However, since I did not grow up reading comic books, I just rolled with it. As always, Robert Downey Jr. reminds why he was cast as Tony Stark with another fantastic performance. This movie is definitely a must-see for all those who are fans of just Iron Man or Marvel movies in general. 4/5
½ January 18, 2017
It was fun the first time and doesn't hold up well on second viewing. Watch Iron Man 2 again instead, that movie has been unfairly dismissed.
½ January 8, 2017
Slow at the beginning, but then I liked it.
January 6, 2017
A twist that is better left out but still continues to be a good movie.
January 5, 2017
One of the better entries in the MCU.
½ January 1, 2017
Underrated, love how this movie explores tony is iron man even without the suits
½ January 1, 2017
I was thinking on rather to give this 3 stars or 3 and a half stars,but after a recent watch,I spotted more things I liked more than hated. Robert Downey Jr still is a great Iron Man and the action is great(although some uses too much CGI), and while its not a good story, it was decent for time to time. Now, Lets get to the thing everyone hates on this movie....Mandarin. I do wish he was used better but I'm not going to rant on it since I'm not a Mandarin fan. Like said before, most of the action utilizes all of its heavy effects to a big budget. Many Fans probably won't like this movie, I do but we're coming close to my favorite of the MCU...
December 30, 2016
Decisamente migliore del precedente, molto divertente con effetti speciali fantastici e dei cattivi che riescono perfettamente a immedesimarsi nei loro ruoli
December 30, 2016
It should be better than this
½ December 17, 2016
The films quips and gags are certainly entertaining. And whilst I cant say its the best in the Iron Man trilogy (let alone the MCU), it's definitely better than Thor 2.
½ December 14, 2016
Decent end of the trilogy. Downey is still great but they butchered the fan favorite villain.
December 13, 2016
BEST MOVIE EVER. That's all I can say. This movie it exceptionally amazingly awesome. The Mandarin, Tony Stark, Pepper Potts. All of the characters played amazingly. It is just a great movie. THE END.
December 7, 2016
Shane Black expertly Shane-Blacks Iron Man with typical Shane Black wit. His tendency to poke fun at and utilize cliches is also here to full effect.
December 7, 2016
Could've been one of the best action movies but it tanks in act 3.
December 5, 2016
The fact that it manages to be entertaining, especially in its first half, compensates for a flawed script that even comes up with a pathetic post-traumatic panic attack for our hero and never raises the stakes to make us believe that there is something to fear.
December 4, 2016
Solid MCU film that after distancing it from it's infamous plot twist, holds up as the best in the "Iron Man" franchise, along with being a fun holiday film. Downey is his usual excellence as Tony Stark, bringing his usual humor & charisma to the role while also portraying him with PTSD after the events in "The Avengers". He gets nice support from the rest of the cast, especially Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin (get past the twist, he's fun to watch) and Guy Pearce is nicely slimy as Killian. Behind the screen, Shane Black brings his trademark humor & one-liners to the MCU while also showing he's a darn good action director (the final action sequence is a showstopper). While the big twist on who the villain is jarring at first, it does work on repeat viewings, commenting on the theatrically on superheroes & their villains. However, one still wishes it was a bit more polished, thus maybe it wouldn't have affected the viewers so much originally. Overall, an entertaining film from beginning to end, and thanks to another Shane Black trademark setting it during Christmas, a great addition to the holiday movie rotation.
November 30, 2016
The closest to auteur cinema the Marvel Cinematic Universe has ever come. A true Shane Black film through-and-through with sharp character work, dialogue, and political undertones. It's also so much fun, you can be forgiven for not realizing how smart it is.
November 30, 2016
Better than Iron Man 2, but still lacks in comparison with the first film. But it has enough action scenes and funny dialogue at points to be worth it.
November 22, 2016
It's fine, but there are areas that needed to improve