Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

½ July 25, 2017
Terrible. Plain and Simple.
July 20, 2017
Extremely disappointing! The action is good, but the story is very lame.
½ July 20, 2017
Not as good as Iron Man 1, but better than Iron Man 2, yes the plot twist felt really stupid and the real villain was weak, but it's a very human film for the most part.
½ July 20, 2017
Almost as good as the first one but has a awesome story although the story has a resemblance to a fantastic 2004 Pixar movie the incredibles. Robert Downey Jr is as good as always and all of the suits and action is worth it
½ July 18, 2017
I enjoyed it, but it had a good deal of shortcomings. I feel it suffered from "sequel-itus", in that it felt like it was trying to beat out the first two films in the stakes department, and the end result is a bit silly. The plus side to this is that the film is just that. Big, dumb fun.
July 18, 2017
This is amazing. IM3 is way better than IM2. However I do agree that IM remains the best of the solo Iron Man movie so this excludes Avengers for now. IM3 has a lot of connection to the Avengers and influences his decision on what he will do with the Mandarin. But due to his project, he has been having a harder relationship with Pepper.

I really found the movie to be well written. My body shook up many times especially many of the intense scenes like Tony's home explosion. And as always Robert does a great job portraying the one and only Tony Stark aka his ego Iron Man. Also some of the action scenes were really well made and visualized and it will really amazing in IMAX 3D. Also, the movie was laughable and had many great jokes something that was maintained since movie no.1. It was also suspenseful that was filled with mix emotions but in a good way.

However, IM3 has its flaws and it is not a perfect movies. I would agree with the audience regarding to the amount of humor put into the film. So me of the most serious most intense parts of the movies are so suspenseful and mindblowing that I thought I was going to cry or something. Then all of the sudden something funny is said or done which ruins my mood for it and this happened a few times throughout the movie. And everyone has been complaining about Mandarin. I myself really didn't have so much of a problem where I'm just like WTF but I will say that it could have been done better. But again, it was pretty funny.

Despite the flaws itself, it ended the movie in a great note with people leaving questions to whether or not Iron Man would be returning. Even I myself questioned about his return due to earlier headlines about it but the end credits may just give you the answers. And the last line he says gives you chills. The end credit was really funny and I was happy that Tony was with his buddy again and this can give a few hints to Avengers 2.

Overall, I really enjoyed the movie due to its effects and story. It is not perfect but it a good third movie to a series. I really don't see why people are nagging on this movie so much. I found it well done and I myself have read the comics. Yeah some things could have been better but who knows what would have happened. This is a great start to the summer movie season and for Phase 2 and though it was not as great and well organized as the Avengers, IM3 is certainly not worth the miss and people who haven't read the books may enjoy it rather than those who have.
July 17, 2017
One of my favourite movies of all time
½ July 13, 2017
I do not understand all the hatred in this movie, it's one of the deepest movies in the marvel universe and it works its characters in an excellent way, the action scenes are spectacular and the comedy is well placed.
½ July 9, 2017
A passable spectacle. I was never bored during the film - its standard Marvel fare, and Ben Kingsley steals the show with his Mandarin.

At the end of the day though, the problem with Iron Man 3, and many films in the MCU, is it can't make up its mind on whether to take itself seriously or not.

I chose the word spectacle deliberately, because I felt very much like a spectator of a show being put on for me. They try to explore some new ground with Tony Stark, but again, I feel like I'm watching someone go through something. A stronger film could've brought us into his world better.

And there are several moments that should be dramatic, but are immediately undercut by Marvel's trademark tongue-in-cheek silliness mere moments afterwards.

At the end of the day, its a fine movie - could keep you entertained on a flight or something. But its also a cowardly movie. Its afraid to take any risks, and always has its shields up, making sure to protect itself by laughing at itself first. This movie tried to be Deadpool and the Dark Knight at the same time, and the result is as muddled as that sounds.
July 8, 2017
While a good follow up to The Avengers, Iron Man 3 fails at constructing a powerful villain like the writers did in The Avengers. A-
July 5, 2017
For my money, this is the best of the Iron Man series. Downey shines again, with Hall and Paltrow doing some strong work. The Mandarian twist was disappointing, since Kingsley was awesome in his short stint, but the film did a great job setting up the post-Avengers MCU and did so while being a fun thrill ride.
July 5, 2017
With state-of-the-art special effects, a fun story, and an outstanding performance by Robert Downey, Jr., Iron Man 3 is a welcome addition to the modern Marvel live-action movie series.
July 4, 2017
Iron Man 3 is definitely more darker in tone and is thrilling to watch at times. But certain turning points ruin the entire movie and made the last act a mess. The first act of this film was really well done, I thought it was fun and intense not to mention the stellar action scenes. But as we get to the second act and the twists are revealed, it ruined the movie. I know some twists are suppose to make the film more original and unexpected, but this made the film looked more silly and disappointing and as they tried to close it all in the third act, it all falls apart.
July 2, 2017
Need a fourth movie!
July 1, 2017
Great film definitely more dark though
June 30, 2017
Brings it. So in this latest installment in the Iron Man series, Tony Stark/Iron Man must combat terrorism, as the mysterious and elusive Mandarin is plotting against the United States (honestly, I don't want to go too much into the details here, as there is lots of fun to be had in all of the twists and turns). Going into this, I was both hesitant and hopeful. I was hesitant because I watched the trailer, and while it did look impressive, it also looked overly serious a la Dark Knight. Not all superheroes have to be gritty and dark, and I prefer my Iron Man to be tongue-in-cheek and fun. Ultimately though, I should have trusted my gut, because the reason why I was hopeful was because this is written and directed by the brilliant Shane Black. He knows how to work well with Robert Downey Jr. (see: Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), and when the two of them get together, it is charisma magic. He manages to deftly give his actors sharp and witty things to say, and he mixes the offbeat sense of humor with impressive action set pieces seamlessly. Out of all of the Marvel movies, this is easily the best written, and as far as an entertainment value goes, it's right on par with The Avengers. And finally, we have an Iron Man movie that has a knockout finale; Iron Man 1 and 2 both had disappointing climaxes, and this is the first one that actually feels rewarding. The entire third act, I just had a big, goofy smile on my face, and the airplane sequence is one of the coolest action scenes I have ever seen in my life. With Iron Man 3, the summer has officially arrived, and it has come in a way that will make you want to cheer.
½ June 25, 2017
Excelente, pero esperaba que de verdad Ben Kingsley hubiera tenido un rol más respetado. Repito: Lástima por los que no vieron la escena después de los créditos jajaja!!
June 24, 2017
This movie is a let of fun. The final act was great and because I have not read any of the Iron man comics, I actually enjoyed the mandarin twist. But I can see why some people did not like that. This was much better then the second Iron man movie.

8.0/10
½ June 19, 2017
Crappy movie with shit villam,this boring pile of shit should not watched by anyone