Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

June 21, 2018
SO superior to the second movie and I think it might be better than the first. I loved the kid. He almost stole the movie. I think if he had been in more of it, he would have stolen it.

It's not a perfect movie. The CGI was fantastic in some places and in others, not so much. Other things didn't quite make sense like why didn't Pepper's hair burn off when she fell?

I had no problems with the fake "Mandarin". Not to go all tin foil hat, but what if there was someone behind groups like ISIS pulling the strings? I think it played out like a good Bond movie. Kill the bad guys and save the girl.
June 18, 2018
In what, to me, has become the Marvel standard (unfortunately, DC still wears the crown for Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy), Iron Man 3 is now the best third Marvel movie ever made. And better than most second ones. Stepping away from Favreau's direction was refreshing, and maybe that's the key here. Shane Black's writing and direction of Robert Downey Jr is masterful. While (spoiler alert), the twist with the Mandarin was silly (yet probably the best way to have the Manadarin in a feature film since he has always been a lame, yet prominent Iron Man character), introducing AIM the way they did and moving the story along through some great dramatic dialogue and storytelling, bumpered by flawless action scenes, proves that one can do a third movie in a franchise that isn't worthless. The ending blew me away though, and I'm convinced there will never be an RDJ Iron Man solo sequel again. We will see him in Avengers 2, I believe Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 3, but that's it. And maybe even only as Tony Stark. Just as team rosters changed frequently in the comic, so shall, I believe, we will see in the films. Just as Nolan told the perfect Batman stories, RDJ IS Iron Man...and Tony Stark. There was never anyone more perfectly suited to play them both.
½ June 11, 2018
I hate this movie. In my opinion is the worst movie from marvel studios!!!
½ June 10, 2018
One of the weakest MCU movies . It starts of awesome but the end was so lackluster I left disappointed. High expectations, low results
June 7, 2018
This movie is better than its predecessor but couldn't reach up to the first one but it has impressive action scenes and great acting from RDJ.
½ June 3, 2018
I think Iron Man was very good, but the enemy was lacking, just like Black Panther and Thor 2. Good ending and the RT score of 80% is very close.
May 31, 2018
This film was good, but i feel that they should have given more DEPTH to the main figure advertised.
May 27, 2018
This is was a great movie, it had a few flaws with mandarin being a fake which kinda made me feel bad because he is a great marvel comics villian but if you take that aside you'd enjoy this movie alot. My highlight of the movie was robert downey jr because he was at his prime while playing iron man and he was just really comedic. Iron Man 3 was a great movie that might not be as great as the original but really stacks up to the hero
May 27, 2018
Iron Man 3 was kind of a disappointing movie, how they made a terrible version of a fantastic character, then ANOTHER bad main villain, it was just kind of meh, but the action sequences were very enjoyable, and I still think even though it was a bit disappointing, it was a good movie too.
May 24, 2018
A worthy follow-up to The Avengers that raises the stakes for the hero and makes things different while not losing the core strengths that make the Iron Man movies so entertaining.
Why? Iron Man 1 & 2 were excellent this is severely lacking
May 24, 2018
I really really enjoyed Iron Man 3. I thought it had a gripping storyline, thrilling action sequences and a few humorous moments. I really liked the backstory of the Villain and thought that this was a very good backstory as you could see why the guy turned to evil. Also Robert Downey Jr's portrayal of Iron Man was the best ever in this movie as he portrayed Stark's anxiety very well. I did really enjoy the ending and it actually really worked well with Tony telling us about his life (let's not talk Iron Man 2's ending). This film didn't leave me with any questions about the story or plot and I thought this was one of the strongest and finest marvel movies of all time and was definitely by far the best Iron Man out of the three films. The only criticism I'll give to the movie is that Stark could of been in his suit a little longer.
Grade A+
Rating 9.9999/10
½ May 22, 2018
With some really nice plot twists and screen-writing, Iron Man 3 is my personal favourite of the trilogy.
½ May 19, 2018
The Mandarin deserved much better than this...still entertaining.and better than Iron man 2.
½ May 19, 2018
It's really good but the mandarin isn't the best villain
May 17, 2018
Sé que a esta película varios la odiaron por el giro del Mandarín pero hay que tener en cuenta que un antagonista como él ya está pasado de época. Fue un acierto de Marvel y algo fresco darle otro sentido, aunque ciertamente habría presentado al Mandarín real hacia el final, porque estpa claro que Killian tampoco lo era. Pero si lo piensan, toda la trama es una buena metáfora sobre los tiempos actuales y solo por eso, la película no merece ser infravalorada, sino apreciada.
½ May 16, 2018
Iron Man 3 was a good movie, but it just wasn't as good as the 1st movie.
½ May 13, 2018
Kicking off the second phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and concluding the Iron Man trilogy, "Iron Man 3" is an improvement over its predecessor, but still doesn't quite match the quality of the first film in the franchise. Tony Stark is still affected and stressed by the New York battle in "The Avengers", which leads him to build multiple suits, creating friction with his girlfriend Pepper Potts. At the same time, a terrorist named The Mandarin begins a string of bombings that Tony has to investigate. Meanwhile, he comes into a conflict with an old enemy, Aldrich Killian. Robert Downey Jr. is, as always, incredible as the billionaire turned superhero and just like other films in the franchise, it features a talented cast. Shane Black directs this time around and he keeps the humorous but mature tone of the previous installments in the franchise, he directs some great action moments, while developing Tony's arc in a brilliant way. There are some issues with this film though. Characters are brought on board and then are completely ignored. The biggest problem is the way the villain in the film is handled. There is a twist that is certainly pretty underwhelming and at the end of the day, the threat is quite generic, unable to live up to the stronger, more emotional aspects of the film, especially its ending, which was nearly perfect for this trilogy. It's all in all still a solid addition to the overall franchise and better than the second Iron Man film, but it could have been better.