Iron Man 3 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Iron Man 3 Reviews

July 24, 2016
I liked it only because it was better than Iron-Man 2, but otherwise it's just barely enjoyable, the Mandarin was a horrible villain, but Downey Jr. continues doing a great job.
Score: 6.3/10
July 23, 2016
amazing. make sure you see it in 3D
July 22, 2016
A great movie where we see more of Tony Stark. :) The best iron man movie by far.
½ July 19, 2016
One of the worst superhero movies of all time. Yea it's that bad
July 19, 2016
Entertaining as ever, even if it is nearly the exact plot of "The Incredibles."
½ July 19, 2016
Same main characters as the previous Iron Mans, same amazing iron suits. So why do I rate this higher than Iron Man I and II?

I finally liked Iron Man, as a person, in Iron Man 3. In this, he no longer annoys me. Instead of boozy show off shenanigans and thick know-it-all superiority, he is more quietly and humbly working out his issues, and Tony Stark aka Iron Man still has significant issues.. On top of insomnia and work obsession, past mistakes come back to haunt him.

The storyline is suspenseful,, creative, and well put together.

The rock solid love between Tony and Pepper was sweet. Their relationship can clearly withstand a lot. It was a romantic ending, and I love that Pepper is the one who actually takes out the almost indestructible bad guy Aldrich Killian, after a knock em down drawn out Battle between Stark and Killian. The fireworks finale to the battle scene was perfect.

As usual, Colonel Rhodes has a significant side kick role to play in saving the day (and the President). They're both Iron Man, although very different personalities.

The addition of a little boy as sidekick who gets to help Iron Man adds to it; giving kids a chance to imagine themselves in that role. And, I didn't mind that Happy gets a happy ending, too.
July 14, 2016
Give it 7 stars for the best iron man ever
½ July 13, 2016
Apart from the cop-out twist, I enjoyed this movie so much.
½ July 12, 2016
Robert Downey Jr. is great again, the story is good and has lots of humor, the visual effects are stunning, and action sequences are exciting.
July 11, 2016
People give this movie hate and I get why... But even with the twist it's an AMAZING and AWESOME movie!!
July 10, 2016
4/5. A great entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. RDJ is awesome as usual. And the film has some really fun and exciting sequences.
July 10, 2016
A massive letdown and an embarrassingly laughable joke.
½ July 9, 2016
Iron Man 3 is a unique look at Tony Stark's character and how he is dealing with the post-traumatic stress from what occurred in The Avengers. Although this movie has less Iron Man and more Tony Stark, it is cool to see how he fights without the suit. The only weakness in the movie is the villain, who was the worst of the series of Iron Man films. Overall, this is an unexpected sequel for the the franchise and I enjoyed it.
July 8, 2016
It is nice to see a simple Iron Man movie without SHIELD or Avenger movie messing it up. Tony Stark is a dismissive jerk, and this time it comes back to haunt him. In a flashback to 1999, he rudely disregards an emerging enthusiastic scientist. Fast forward fourteen years that scientist reemerges as a handsome and successful businessman who soon finds himself at odds with Stark Industries. Amidst his business relationships, Tony Stark publicly challenges a global terrorist known as the Mandarin, who swiftly retaliates by targeting him. It is finally nice to see Tony humbled and undone by his reckless abrasive personality. In the course of events, he finds himself without a functional armored suit for much of the movie, and his better qualities shine through to save the day. We get to appreciate Tony Stark for the mechanical genius he is, not just a spoiled brat with infinite funds and firepower. The villain is good, but the showdown action scenes between him and Iron Man do not come through. There is too much going on at one time during the climax of the movie. It would be nice to distil this down to a clearer and more exciting finale.
½ July 7, 2016
Great movie, twist was weird.
July 5, 2016
Darker and more story-driven. But awesome as always.
July 3, 2016
This movie is extremely better then the first, and I think it's really a great movie, but you can't build up an amazing fan favorite villain only to reveal he is not real in the film and after the mild let down of Iron Man 2 they should have had way more Iron Man action scenes, but I see what they were doing here. After "The Avengers" you can't have huge action scenes you need to build people up give them a few appetizers before the main course. The movie is good for what it is RDJ will always be Iron Man. (don't recast)
½ July 3, 2016
The third instalment of the Iron Man saga, may leave a dark cloud over the future of Tony Stark's story, but it's a well packed action movie at its best. The special effects are great, the 3D is impecable, and the acting is probably what keeps you interested even on the weak moments. Iron Man 3 is another Marvel sucess, with lots of action and fun for everyone!
June 30, 2016
A fun time. But also disappointing.
½ June 30, 2016
A film that feels unique in the marvel cinematic universe thanks to the style and quirk of Shane Black.