Jack the Giant Slayer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jack the Giant Slayer Reviews

October 14, 2017
buena pelicula para pasar el rato, aunque algo lenta, la mejor parte de la pelicula es la ultima media hora, no es exelente pero tampoco pesima, ademas los efectos especiales son bastantes malos.
½ October 1, 2017
I never listen to rotten tomatoes as,are the very worst reviewers.,like critics consensus,overwhelmed by cgi,and impersonal story...ummmm it is a chils film,and family film,and as far as it goes is very good,which i think young children will love,and it a comfortable watch for adults too..critics do not seem to think with the actual film is aimed at,which makes them,far too arrogant to review
August 21, 2017
6.5/10 It's a bit of fun alright. It could be more I think.
July 1, 2017
Un elenco de primera con una buena historia. ¡Qué buenos efectos!
½ May 16, 2017
Odd yet a little refreshing! Loved the cast of course but it kinda felt like an old video game met an old kids story. weird, not the perfect story, but fun!
½ February 21, 2017
Jack the Giant Slayer is a cgi delight that nearly matches the visuals and fantasy immersing effects of middle earth. The characters follow a pretty basic fairy tale background: Hero, Damsel in Distress, villain, his jerk sidekick and of course the supernatural; as you would expect, not much of a plot. One really can't help but marvel at the world created and some very impressive visual scenes. Aside from the cheesy romance and the obvious other film errors, this is a fun film and quite an adventure too.
November 14, 2016
A fun ride of the classic fairytale, wonderfully acted and extremely entertaining. However, many mistakes can be easily noticed through out the movie
November 9, 2016
Brian Singer, the man who gave us the X-men movies and the Usual Suspects, now gives us a new take on a classic fairy tale, we all have been dying to see. Well....not really. Don't get me wrong I am really looking forward to the new Disney Beauty and the Beast remake, but I don't sincerely care about this tale. As I expected, this movie didn"t spin the wheel for me. The characters are mweh, the story is bad and the effects are very underwhelming.
The main character is played well by Nicolas Hoult. However his character isn't anything new. He is just your ordinary farmer, who hooks up with the princess, and who later becomes the hero that saves the day. Ewan McGregor also portays the knight really well. This is in my opinion the only real character of the movie. His acting makes his character more interesting, but he is also just the good guy. Furthermore Ian McShane is pretty solid as the king, but for the most part the rest of the cast is just not that memorable. The story also doesn't draw your attention.
But of course the giants will still save the movie....No they don't.. They are all just dumb trolls you can see in any saturndaymorning cartoon on CN. Every piece of dialogue they deliver, sounds like my drunk uncle. The CGI used on the giants is not very good too. It is not awfull, but also not making you believe a real giant is actually standing right in front of you.
There simply isn't that much special to this movie. If you want to see it go ahead, but it will feel like you have watched this movie a hundred times before (not in a good way).
½ November 1, 2016
I enjoyed this film, mainly 'cause I didn't go in expecting a dark, gritty, realistic film. Yeah, the giants could've been done with makeup & forced perspective, but I'm glad they went with more of a fantastical route. I. Was. Entertained.
½ September 20, 2016
When I first saw Jack the Giant Slayer in the theater I was on the edge of my seat whispering 'come on Jack, you can do it'. The story was really easy to get lost in. Now that I have more xp in critiquing movies, I can see why this movie fell a bit short it box office sales. This would have turned out much better if the cgi wasn't so over whelming. The acting falls just short and the villain and his flunky were so obvious in their dasterdly actions, they might as well have been screaming "I'm bad". I shouldn't even classify Roderick as a villain. He doesn't have the charming flare that real villains have. He's just a manipulative @$$hole.
September 17, 2016
Fun, lighthearted adventure yarn.
August 23, 2016
Is a very well done movie
½ August 23, 2016
Entertaining enough for the type of movie it was. Nothing too extraordinary.
August 18, 2016
It's not as bad as it could've been but it's definitely not as good as it could have been either. Think of it as Lord of the rings lite. What took me away from the story was the overuse of special-effects and CGI and obvious use of green Screen. The acting is decent and the movie moves at a good pace. It's watchable and has decent amount of action. It gets better towards the end and it's an OK movie to watch on a rainy day.
August 17, 2016
Muy entretenida y divertida
½ August 3, 2016
Jack the Giant Slayer
definitely not the best effort from Bryan Singer. but hey, it's fun
½ July 25, 2016
It had great actors, But that's all i remember what is good.
The movie itself is very Trash!
Taking the Piss out of Jack in the Beanstalk and they choose to add more and more giants.

Score: 3/10
July 17, 2016
It's a very stupid film.
July 17, 2016
It's rare that such a good movie gets such a crap poster.
June 7, 2016
Visualmente es estupenda y no puedo quejarme del elenco que fue muy acertado. Hay cuestiones que se dejan pasar desapercibido como el hecho
que Jack está demasiado peinado como para ser un campesino labrador y el toque divertido de Stanley Lucci hace que se vuelva ridículo. Pero la historia no es lo suficiente atractiva para llenar los cabos sueltos, tan solo muestran la premisa general.