Jacob's Ladder Reviews

• Nov 26, 2020

It has great ideas and fantastic cinematography, but Jacob's Ladder is dulled by a lot of questions that are left needlessly unanswered. It's not a bad movie.

• Oct 12, 2020

one of my favorite movies is this psychological thriller that I am drawn to as a fan of the Silent Hill video games saga, when we look at Jacob's Ladder in retrospect we realize how well executed it is and even how clumsy it can be since The film is constantly honest with the story it wants to tell us, it does not hide anything and we still do not realize it until the end, there are few directors who achieve this effect, which makes their production an even more interesting film because it pushes us to see it several times, thus constantly rediscovering it.

• Oct 04, 2020

It didn't at any point invite me into the story to truly understand the nightmare being witnessed, instead I was given a sideline seat to watch. Without emotional investment in the main character or story it's hard to really appreciate this film. Which at times is messy and in the second act loses its direction.

• Oct 04, 2020

Jacob's Ladder is a quite powerful, haunting, mind bending experience, and a strong message to boot. Tim Robbins anchors this captivating film and does a great job of portraying the characters emotions and he does a solid job of delving into the psyche of this character. The film overall has a sort of hard to describe disorienting, hazy kind of feel that allows the audience to truly absorb the terror, anger, confusion, and pain that Robbins character feels. Definitely check this out if you're into psychological horror, Thrillers, or a general lover of film, you will enjoy it most likely.

• Oct 03, 2020

A fantastic movie almost ruined by the ending this drama is a must watch but the ending might divide you.

• Sep 14, 2020

Movie was underrated, great acting and an original, unique story with a surprise ending. One of my all time faves.

• Aug 13, 2020

I like the premise but it’s just not that engaging

I like the premise but it’s just not that engaging

• Jul 16, 2020

Honestly few horror films are done so well in regards to acting, plot, and thoughtfulness. I knew the film would be good as soon as I saw Tim Robbins was in it. The middle of the film does starts to get a bit muddled and almost excessive in sending u in a maze trying to figure out what's going on. Other than that I thought it was so well done. The beginning scene was truly one of the worst graphic scenes I've seen and the ending just packed a punch. I loved the dark imagery (altho some of its dated), the mind puzzle, the discussion of govt cover-ups in war esp Nam (which is notorious for unethical govt. decisions), and how it all came together in the end. Honestly, I think it was a good depiction of what happens to ppl not on the surgery table but for souls that are trapped in limbo. It was such a basic concept-how u must let go of ur earthly attachments to move on to heaven/hell but done in such an artistic and interesting way. I def recommend checking this one out, even if there are so many good Nam films-this one is very unique in the horror/paranormal aspect. Personally I think they could've played more with that Jezebel character and made her a lil bit more fun/humorous as the dark angel gf than just the doting confused gf. I believe that death is a lot like that one "angel" said-its more perspective n not necessarily such a bad thing-there are much worse hells on Earth than where most of us are going after I believe we just fear it because we don't know it. Just feel bad for the spirits who don't or wont accept that they are dead-its kinda terrifying to think about. i would love a tv show based on these "angels/demons" like Jezebel who help the dead pass on and explore how they feel n what not.

• May 22, 2020

It was alright I guess. Good performances. Honestly I was bored throughout most of it and the subject matter wasn't that interesting to me. The twist at the end revealing that it was all a dream before he passed away didn't shock me or pack any powerful punch because, well, I was disinterested for the majority of the films runtime.

• May 16, 2020

I really thought this would be weirder.

I really thought this would be weirder.