Jersey Boys Reviews

• Oct 10, 2019

It may be on the slower side in some parts, but the music of Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons makes up for it!

• Aug 30, 2019

Another fine Clint Eastwood directed movie. I grew up with the songs and they are done very well. Good energy. Entertaining; sorry the critics often missed this one.

• Jun 19, 2019

While it's not perfect I thought Jersey Boys was energetic and satisfying. Plus the soundtrack is quite good and made me a fan of the Four Seasons. Before I thought they were just ok.

• Apr 07, 2019

The plot isn't as inventive as possible but the music and dance moments are great

• Mar 16, 2019

How did Clint Eastwood do such a fine job with the first half of this musical biopic - half Goodfellas, half Singin' in the Rain - and then sabotage it with such diabolical musical sequences. Surely someone could have told him Frankie Valli is not a singing chipmunk, and young men in bad old man make-up risks derision, not pathos. Still, there's more that's good, including the wonderful Christopher Walken, and some excellent production design and acting.

• Feb 16, 2019

Waste of time watching it

Waste of time watching it

• Jan 28, 2019

No other movie musical has gotten my gooch like Jersey Boys. This movie transcends its genre and director to bring a product that captures something magical. The dynamic between the main cast is rich and compelling, and alone could keep my attention and investment far beyond the lengths of the movie. The music selection is brilliant, taking some deep cuts along with the expected hits, all done in a rendition that feels properly cinematic in comparison to the original cuts. The reliance on character and music pays off, but this means that the plot takes a backseat. The structure of a musical review matters much less on a stage than on the screen, and Eastwood smartly leans into the elements of the plot that make the story of The Four Seasons so interesting. Seeing the musical touched my heart as a fan of Frankie Valli, but the film adaptation has stayed with me over the past five years as this unexpected triumph.

• Jan 27, 2019

Absolute over use of breaking the fourth wall, still for what it lacks in Star Power, it makes up for with the timeless music of The Four Seasons.

• Jan 12, 2019

Loved it! Always loved Frankie Valli (still do) and Clint Eastwood is not capable of cinematic failure (love him too) This movie was excellent! Highly recommended.

• Dec 23, 2018

A film based on the rock and roll musical band of the 60s- Jersey Boys has a great pace to it, with the iconic music of Frankie Valli and the era woven in appropriately and well. Where Eastwood falls short however, is in his creation of female characters. Characters that are initially extremely strong and seem to be a large part of Frankie's early life seem to disappear, reappearing only as plot devices. Other female characters that are supposedly to have a large impact on Valli's life (as told through the narration) debut and disappear as well, living out their time on the screen only as background characters that suddenly make impacts on the plot that are larger than the emotional investment that they solicit from the viewer. If you like musicals this is for you. If you have seen the play and know what to expect you will get more. Credit goes to Clint Eastwood for taking the play and adding cinematic elements to take the story to a higher level. The muted cinematography and editing are noteworthy.(Great for music fanatics; good enjoyable film for others).