Joe Versus the Volcano Reviews

• Jul 22, 2019

A Cult Classic – often reminds me of jobs that I have had in the past. Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan together – can it get any better?

• May 02, 2019

Love this movie. The scene with the moon always chokes me up.

Love this movie. The scene with the moon always chokes me up.

• Mar 16, 2019

I'm shocked to see a score so low for this movie, it's beautiful

I'm shocked to see a score so low for this movie, it's beautiful

• Feb 05, 2019

Love this movie, one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies!

Love this movie, one of my favorite Tom Hanks movies!

• Jan 27, 2019

Saw this in the theatre and loved it. Watched it again yesterday and apparently my 40 year old self has different tastes than my 11 year old self. I found it kinda boring and empty. Im sure the appeal is all about the deeper meaning, but it wasnt a very fun movie- just not my bag, I suppose.

• Oct 05, 2018

Hope. Innocence. Love. Orange Soda. What's not to like?

Hope. Innocence. Love. Orange Soda. What's not to like?

• Sep 03, 2018

I loved this movie because Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are amazing in it. It is one of my favourites. I love the characters, scenery, plot, everything. This movie is a whimsical masterpiece!

• Jul 20, 2018

Watching this film when I was 18 - I hated it; almost walked out of the theater. I'm in my 40's now and watch this film at least once per year. I think you have to have gone through some heavy [CENSORED] to appreciate JVTV on this level.

• Jul 03, 2018

I feel terrible that I cannot remember much of this movie because I remember loving it on first viewing. Some scenes- I distinctly remember a boat scene with a dialogue that touched me- are vaguely in my memory. This film is about a man who has been given a few months to live. He meets a cute woman and the entire film is them going from one quirky setup to the next. Meg Ryan was my dream woman during these times and Tom Hanks should patent the good guy image such is his likeability. This film needs a re-watch from my side, but I have no doubt in recommending it to others.

• May 28, 2018