Joseph: King of Dreams Reviews

• Nov 11, 2019

A truly underrated animated biblical masterpiece that boasts gorgeous animation, an outstandingly inspiring and original story, and beautiful themes and messages that will touch the hearts of moviegoers all over the world.

• Jun 11, 2019

Joseph: King of Dreams isn’t as good as its predecessor, The Prince of Egypt, but as a direct-to-video prequel, it stands as one of the best.

• Dec 31, 2018

I really liked this movie as a prequel, when I was a kid.

I really liked this movie as a prequel, when I was a kid.

• Sep 30, 2018

I have saw Joseph king of dreams for the first time and it was amazing. Of course it's the same filmmakers that made the prince of egypt. Another great story. I thought Ben Affleck did such a nice job as his role. I got this movie for Christmas a couple years ago.

• Aug 14, 2018

Joseph was the greatest ever and makes music and adventure of all times

Joseph was the greatest ever and makes music and adventure of all times

• Jul 23, 2018

One of my favorite cartoon classics of all time. Used to love watching this as a kid growing up. Still love watching it today.

• Apr 20, 2018

Although decent animation, the movie is not that accurate to the original story. Something that The Prince Of Egypt topped very nicely. DreamWorks didn't work hard enough since it was direct to DVD. Just stick with The Prince Of Egypt.

• Apr 04, 2018

DreamWorks' only foray into direct-to-video territory. Joseph: King of Dreams is not as good as The Prince of Egypt with some of the songs, while good, aren't as memorable as the ones from Prince. The voice acting is great, something that all DreamWorks movies have going for them, regardless of the movie's quality in general. The animation, while not as beautifully crafted as the first film, still is rather nice to look at. And I sympathized with poor Joseph every step of the way. Joseph: King of Dreams is not ambitious but it's still a good direct-to-video prequel in a series of biblical tales that sadly never continued. Was it because people were more interested in the Disney DTVs? The world may never know.

• Mar 27, 2018

This is a musical animated film that tells the story of Joseph, a prophet who has the ability to interpret dreams and who is sold into slavery by his own brothers in Egypt. Taking into account that The Prince of Egypt was released two years before, it is a big disappointment for DreamWorks Animation, but it is somehow faithful to the Book of Genesis in the Bible.

• Mar 24, 2018

A great "straight to video" film.

A great "straight to video" film.