Lady Bird Reviews

• 3d ago

Disappointing. Still waiting and hoping for something interesting to happen.

Disappointing. Still waiting and hoping for something interesting to happen.

• 5d ago

If there is a lay out on how to create a movie on this genre. This is that lay out.

• 6d ago

Fucking awesome. Ronan deserved that Oscar in my opinion. Really great concept. REALLY great performances. Really great dialogue. Just an all around good film. No more to it.

• Jan 11, 2020

Lady Bird feels relatable, not only because of the loving portrait of suburban Californian society and of a catholic school, but also because of the very good mother-daughter dynamic at its heart. There are many layers of interpretation. The cast is mainly good, the dialogs quite lively, although there are quite many underdeveloped characters and some minor plot points remain a bit unnecessary to the overall architecture. The cinematography is relatively inconspicuous, but there are several purple patches, especially towards the end of the movie.

• Jan 11, 2020

Near perfection. Definitely my kind of movie.

Near perfection. Definitely my kind of movie.

• Jan 08, 2020

Lady Bird is a film about a teen who is in her late years of high school about to graduate and go off to college, however, her parents have financial problems in a town full of expensive things and rich people. The acting by Saoirse Ronan and Laurie Metcalf by out of this world with emotions being portrayed flawlessly. Greta Gerwig did a great job directing with some beautiful cinematography showing the contrasts in class between class. In an topic that has been rinsed of content with many unfunny and unoriginal films being made, Lady Bird stands out of being one of the top runners. On the other hand, the film was not perfect, I didn't like the stereotypes put into the film with the rich, hot popular girl and the fat unpopular girl, this was the only unoriginal part of the film. Overall, I really enjoyed the film and would definitely recommend it to many teenagers around 17/18 as it combats some people insecurities such as money, sexuality and race.

• Jan 06, 2020

Excellent film. Brilliant performance from Saoirse Ronan.

Excellent film. Brilliant performance from Saoirse Ronan.

• Jan 06, 2020

While I never ventured to the movie theater to see Lady Bird it did come across my path while sitting on my couch at home. Saoirse Ronan is a phenomenal actress who I believe portrayed the character of Christine "Lady Bird" perfectly. My life contrasts from Lady Bird like day and night, but Ronans portrayal left me in tears and with my mouth hitting the floor at many points in the movie. Greta Gerwigs directing and writing is heart felt and powerful, allowing the watcher to be fully immersed into the world of a teenager struggling with herself and her place in the world. This movie has now been added to my list of all time favorites. Not only was the acting and writing amazing, but the camera choices truly pushed the story forward in a positive direction. The story line, I felt, was perfect for this day and age and spread a positive coming of age story. I hope that this movie becomes a classic and reaches audiences for years to come. Overall I believe that this was a fantastic movie!

• Jan 04, 2020

Lady Bird wasn't the best coming of age story I've ever seen, but it was sweetly-acted, quirky in all the right places, and overall worth the watch.

• Jan 03, 2020

Greta Gerwig shows up and firmly establishes herself as a fantastic filmmaker in Lady Bird which it's hard hitting reflection of growing up.