Lawless Reviews

• Nov 20, 2020

While the costuming and the filming capture the vintage of the Depression, the plot is riddled with holes. There's no logic to the relationships between Chastain and Hardy. The first key crisis - when Hardy's throat is cut - involves his rescue by Chastain as though she knew he was in trouble, even though there was no reason for her to do so.

• Oct 27, 2020

Another American industry being shipped off to foreigners. Hardy, Clarke, Pearce, Oldham(phenomenal actor), Wasalak either British or Aussie. It gets me sick but the reason is the U.S. is the only country where drama and theater ARE NOT REQUIRED classes in school. Wake up AMERICA our education sucks as it is & if I hear we are so innovated because our education: BS, BS. it is due to our tax structure, our American dream (as a CPA most my $$$$ clients are immigrants or street punks who made it)and birthrights means crap. Clarke & Chastain 2nd work together "Zero Dark 30". The movie is entertaining but violent, It is a little choppy. I can't figure out why Oldham was in that minuscule Shenandoah town with a tommy gun waiting then gunning down that car. Brief Jessica nude scene. It is Nick Cave screenplay which makes o ultra violent. My British wife moans every time I watch this stuff. If she only knew about the Remington & S&W 29 - 8 3/8" (not a pea shooter) I have hidden close by & taking my son to WV on his 18th for an AR15. They'll take any intruders head.

• Aug 24, 2020

Lawless was an ok film but there was a lot of potential that wasn't utilised. The acting was decent, the cinematography was fine, the visual effects were good and unexpectedly brutal, and the soundtrack was alright. In contrast, the writing was a bit lackluster as not much really happens, and it's pretty ridiculous how many wounds Tom Hardy's character survives. The shootout near the end was predictable, there was too much focus on Shia LaBeouf dating the church girl (and Shia LaBeouf in general), the bad guy's behaviour almost felt over the top, and the story didn't really feel believable. In sum, there were multiple questionable writing choices, and the dialogue wasn't anything to write home about either.

• Jun 15, 2020

This a good movie, definitely recommend it

This a good movie, definitely recommend it

• Jun 03, 2020

With good acting, some truly brutal moments, a gripping story, and some surprising emotional depth, this movie really worked for me. Tom Hardy is fantastic.

• Apr 08, 2020

Tom hardy and Labeouf collaborate as brothers in this brutal drama. Revenge and justice are the most predominant themes in this movie that establish the nature and personality of each character.

• Apr 03, 2020

Incredible cast. Very underrated.

Incredible cast. Very underrated.

• Mar 02, 2020

Tom Hardy is unbelievable. He captivates and never fails to impress

Tom Hardy is unbelievable. He captivates and never fails to impress

• Feb 14, 2020

Great movie! Love all the action and the badass characters.

Great movie! Love all the action and the badass characters.

• Jan 03, 2020

Lawless shows a dark part of history with bloody results led by strong direction and powerful performances from Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy and Guy Pearce.