Marley & Me Reviews

• Nov 11, 2019

More poignant than expected about the family life cycle

More poignant than expected about the family life cycle

• Sep 24, 2019

Now heres a movie that will make you cry. Especially if your a dog lover.

Now heres a movie that will make you cry. Especially if your a dog lover.

• Aug 29, 2019

I loved this movie! I wasn't sure of the casting initially, but watched it a few times now and the more I watch it the more I think Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston were both right on the mark.

• Aug 17, 2019

My favorite thing part was when the dog dies

My favorite thing part was when the dog dies

• Aug 16, 2019

Marley & Me is a 2008 drama based on a book of the same name by John Grogan. The film was directed by David Frankel, and stars Owen Wilson as John Grogan and Jennifer Aniston as Jennifer Grogan. The story I found to be steady and intriguing, especially once the third act gets going, but I wouldn't say that it's anything too or even that special. The acting was also strong and realistic, especially Owen Wilson as John Grogan, but I did find Jennifer Aniston at points to be a little too overbearing. The characters were steady and served their purpose, but I do wish that they had a little more going for them instead of just being average cut outs. The cinematography was nothing special or even that interesting, except for a few shots here and there. The music was your classic 2000's film soundtrack, with only one good song that you forget in the next hour. The film did also have some comedy which I felt worked for the most part, but nothing that memorable or even laugh out loud funny. The strongest aspect of the film for me would be the emotion, I personally felt that they handled it very well, especially with one scene toward the end of the film. The dog (Marley) I also found to be very cute and enjoyable, and I'm glad that they didn't use any of that horrible CGI on him. The film was also quite enjoyable, but I don't think that I'll be watching it again anytime soon. Over all I give it a 5/10 - I recommend for dog lovers

• Jun 09, 2019

Best piece of cinematography ever created.

Best piece of cinematography ever created.

• Mar 14, 2019

As sappy as it is, as a dog lover and a guy who loves seeing a happy family in any picture really these days, I admit with only slight reluctance that I enjoy Marley and Me.

• Mar 02, 2019

Heartwarmingly beautiful!

Heartwarmingly beautiful!

• Feb 21, 2019

Sad ending. Will not watch again

Sad ending. Will not watch again

• Nov 07, 2018

I'm still crying over this movie's ending. I'm just a sucker for dog movies, what can I say?