Moonrise Kingdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moonrise Kingdom Reviews

December 2, 2016
Moonrise Kingdom is a whimsical film. It is about a pair of young lovers flee their New England town. Bruce Willis and Tilda Swinton give fantastic performances. The script is good but a little slow in places. Wes Anderson did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the adventure. Moonrise Kingdom is a must see.
December 1, 2016
Wes Anderson's masterpiece
½ November 27, 2016
I really really don't get why this movie is good. It's not at all interesting, it's just weird for me.
November 19, 2016
This magical land of Khaki Scouts and first loves in Anderson symmetry, kodachrrome landscape and costumes... and incredible orchestration (and choir) -- is the great American story that rescued me from the Trump dump.
November 15, 2016
Third time watching.... such a great movie.
October 30, 2016
Another signature Wes Anderson piece. Intense internal emotions were elicited without the audience even noticing as the hard-to-swallow topics tackled in the movie were perfectly disguised under the curious and delightful delivery. A wonderful watch whether you want a laugh or want to think for days
October 27, 2016
This was great. Any Anderson fan will enjoy
October 23, 2016
Wes Anderson's impeccable visual style and colorful characters win over audiences once again in Moonrise Kingdom.
October 22, 2016
one of my personal favorites. Wes Anderson at his best.
½ October 10, 2016
Peculiar. Cute. Beguiling. Innocent. This is the first Wes Anderson movie that I have seen in full, and I feel troubled. The 12-year-old female lead Kara Hayward loves stories that take a person dying for adventure into a new world full of seemingly infinite possibilities, only to discover how finite they really are. How metaphysical of Wes. He has the style, all right, and even better, he has the wit to pull off this story of prepubescent love written for the eyes of tired adults. Had there been a better explanation as to how our two main characters met, which is important to consider in the circumstances of living on such a small, isolated island and them being "emotionally disturbed," I would deem the plot to be flawless. That ultimately matters little in the adventure, for the film's strength rides more dependently on everything else -- the strangely skewed dialogue, the true-to-its-own-world performances, the colours, the landscapes. This movie is so pretty! How it must feel to see the world as if you knew everything you wanted in life, and you could get it. Bill Murray's character knows better. Bruce Willis' character knows better. Frances McDormand's character especially knows better. Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward do not need to know though, not now anyway.
October 8, 2016
One of Wes Anderson's best. Amazing characters, wonderful story, and stunning cinematography. Watch it. You're in for a treat.
October 8, 2016
No sé cómo calificar el imaginario de Wes Anderson. Quizá como cuentos tradicionales infantiles (con lo que implica de nada políticamente correctos, y'know what I mean) que se ríe de nuestras miserias de adultos.
½ October 2, 2016
Artistically beautiful, Moonrise Kingdom offers a different experience for the usual moviegoer. The characters are engaging but the plot development is disappointing..
September 26, 2016
Wes Anderson created a masterpiece that loves, the way humans deserve to be loved. It juxtaposes the magic of adolescents, and the coldness of adulthood- to the point where you wish you never grew up.
½ September 25, 2016
Don't know what to say, but I enjoyed it very much. It's funny, touching, sad, and quirky. Good stuff.
September 20, 2016
Definitely one of my all time favourite movies. Love the cinematography, the acting (and the actors), the music and the setting.
September 18, 2016
So much fun. First of all, it's beautiful. Those opening credits were incredible. The performances were fun. The dialogue was so unnatural, and it felt in just the right place for this movie. The kids were hilarious. Music amazing. So much Wes Anderson, and in this case you can't have too much of a good thing.
September 17, 2016
This movie was adorable and appropriate for all ages. Humorous and fun.
September 10, 2016
Wes Anderson films might get tiresome someday, but today is not that day.
½ September 8, 2016
A bit strange and artsy. It was pretty funny at parts. It's probably not for everyone, but I enjoyed it.