Moonrise Kingdom - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Moonrise Kingdom Reviews

½ December 31, 2017
Wes Anderson's signature style.
December 30, 2017
Pretty good Wes Anderson movie, so far, he doesn't have a bad movie even though I've so far seen 4 of his movies and they all so far have been good. I love the idea and story of this movie.
½ December 28, 2017
A quirky, charming, and overall brilliant movie from Wes Anderson. Not for everybody, but if you already love Anderson, this is a must see.
December 23, 2017
really enjoyed the movie.
December 20, 2017
Since I couldn't stay focused the first time I watched this, I decide to have it another go since it is Wes Anderson. Obviously the artistic ability Anderson possess is magnificent. The color design screams Wes Anderson style and I'll always appreciate a well constructed and detailed set design. The undertones of a rough family life between Sam and Suzy made for a great plot line that should have been exploited farther. With the inclusion of the purposeful bland acting, this movie wasn't for me. Having a low attention span keeps me from physically investing myself in the storyline, the slow pace is a taste I haven't yet desired. I was excited about Bruce Willis and Bill Murray in this movie but sadly both of them had no character build, all of the adults in this movie had little to no characterization. This movie made me feel like everything was being hinted at with a little *wink* *wink*, but nothing was ever explained entirely. I applaud Anderson for steering towards more creative films but it requires a taste.
½ December 20, 2017
M-F

8.3

[Wes Anderson]
December 16, 2017
This film is such a whimsical, amazing piece of art, Wes Anderson does everything so so perfectly. I'm not ashamed to say that this is definitely one of my favorite movies and works of pure art, of all time.
½ December 11, 2017
Liked this better the second time around. It's a typical Wes Anderson film. It's quirky and stylized and mischievous. It got a bit boring towards the end but on the whole not a bad film.
November 27, 2017
Poorly written with a vague and nonsensical plot. The only reedeeming feature of it were it's artistic shots
November 14, 2017
Wew Anderson delivers another beautifully filmed and acted movie onto the big screen. Telling as story of young love and friendship, the film checks out greatly as one of the best Wes Anderson movies.
½ November 7, 2017
Absolutely loved this film.
½ November 5, 2017
beautiful story, theme, and directing.
October 27, 2017
Nothing great about this film!
October 23, 2017
I didn't see "Moonrise Kingdom" when it first came out in 2012, but seeing it five years later I will say it was a very exciting & sweet film. Wes Anderson's direction was magnificent; the cinematography was very unique (much like Anderson's other film, "Fantastic Mr. Fox"); the story was very down-to-earth with it's mixture of romance, adventure, & (surreal-like) comedy; & the acting was pretty great. Even though there were some risqué moments (particularly between the two main characters & one of the main characters was offered alcohol), I would recommend is film for families to watch since I feel they would enjoy it. "Moonrise Kingdom" proves itself as one of the best films of 2012, of the 2010's decade, of the 21st Century, & of Wes Anderson's filmmaking career!
Nominated for the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay (although it lost to Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained"; another great film released that same year).
½ September 28, 2017
There's 90 minutes I'll never get back
September 24, 2017
Quirky feel good movie
½ September 12, 2017
This coming-of-age comedy has no laugh-out-loud scenes but it does have a few humorous moments along the way. It is a quirky film which, by the end, made me wonder what the whole point was. I always find it difficult to watch movies where children take the lead, though Hayward was quite convincing in her role. GGN
September 10, 2017
Very entertaining with all the colorfulness and symmetry Wes Anderson has been known for. Stunning performances, but with such a cast one couldn't expect less. As for the story, it's light and funny for the most parts and it has great potential to get viewers entertained for it's short runtime.
September 5, 2017
I get it, but it's not for me.
August 24, 2017
This movie is quirky and perhaps a little bit artsy, but I found it truly funny. I also love how they made the film appear to be more from the time period rather than modern coloring.