More Than Honey - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

More Than Honey Reviews

February 21, 2016
Interesting and informative
January 21, 2016
Informative but a bit jumbling.
November 23, 2015
Another documentary telling us human is killing everything. It's not news! And for those that are killing the planet aren't going to watch these movies!
June 11, 2015
Intense and informative.
January 30, 2015
fascinante. alega-se que Einstein teria dito que " Se um dia as abelhas sumirem de todo o planeta, os seres humanos teriam só mais 4 anos de vida.".
January 2, 2015
A must-see documentary
September 4, 2014
Impressive, interesting and informational film about honeybees and their importance.
It got shots of magnificent nature and impressive plantations, topped with a fitted narrator. Never flat, even if the subject is rather narrow. We travel around the world, and each place we visit leaves an impression. The China-visit may be the most frightening, darn! The stuff that it's schooling us on is pretty crucial. The hardworking, beautiful bees are dying - and of course it's our fault.

Super music, great effects and mostly super people are spices that makes it even more watchable. The cinematography is breathtaking and so are the macro-photography. The bees and their occupation are fascinating, and this makes it a great documentury. The importance and it's layered sadness makes it even greater. The lovely way of telling it and the impressive shots makes it complete.

8.5 out of 10 stings.
½ May 18, 2014
The pace was a bit plodding, but the documentary was beautifully filmed and quite interesting.
February 4, 2014
This documentary is brilliant! The macro filmed bee colonies just hypnotizes you and the contrast between types of honey production is amazing. Being Swiss myself it just gave me some thrill to go up the mountains an meet these beekeepers. This is truly very insightful and everybody should watch it. A must see for sure!!!
½ January 28, 2014
What makes this the best Documentary on Bees is not just the amazing camera footage, but the unfettered access gained to so many aspects of the bees all round the world. Even more, because they were foreigners, many people interviewed were more candid than they would were they American journalists. What a special treat.
January 21, 2014
A learning experience. Be sure to watch with subtitles. It is in other languages.
January 19, 2014
For some reason I couldn't completely get into this documentary. It was interesting, but I had a lot of unanswered questions when it was over.
½ January 17, 2014
The image of the good-natured pipe-smoking beekeeper with flower power attitude forever shot to pieces.
The first only interested in money and power, the other cuts the head of his queen with his nail, because she, according to him, 'cheated'.

Creatures with a misunderstood intelligence endlessly underrated by humans.
Understandably, like Douglas Adams' dolphins, the bees have decided to leave the earth: "So long, thanks for all the flowers'

Amazing visuals though
January 10, 2014
A very beautiful documentary film about the bee keeping trade that offers some amazing insights to the business, the world health of bees, and the people who keep them. Also some astonishing truths are presented about the true benefits of Africanized "Killer" bees. Recommended! Currently streaming on Netflix.
January 7, 2014
Unless you speak multiple languages don't bother watching. I stopped watching after the asshole in the flowered shirt referred to bees as "fresh printed money" and told viewers the only motivation in life is greed and fear and then muttered something about capitalistic total domination. He was so maniacally irritated that the almond growers were spraying fungicide he just wanted to blow a gasket. He is like a spoiled infant that couldn't get his way. Your capitalistic society will end soon enough you fucking mook. What a dick.
½ January 6, 2014
I was enchanted....a serious look at a serious environmental issue but also a scary metaphor for the risks facing human society, and a beautiful poem about these most amazing creatures.
½ January 6, 2014
"Eye-popping photography should draw viewers to this thoughtful, revealing doc." "Imhoof's film is remarkable in its close-up photography. The bees loom large, like creatures from some mutant planet; dangle together in a delicate chain; and fill the air, floating like unusually vivid dust specks." "Astonishing macro-photography captures the bees in all their surreal beauty."
½ January 3, 2014
Excellent documentary!
January 2, 2014
Always love a good documentary. This film shows the vital importance of bees and shows how greed and mans desire to control things we shouldn't might lead to our demise.
December 31, 2013
looks interesting :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)