Mr. Bean's Holiday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Bean's Holiday Reviews

August 9, 2017
Apart from loads of laugh-out-loud moments, the movie actually satirically reviewed art whether it be street begging or big budget commercial egoistic trips. It showed that simplicity can be equally rewarding, if not more.
½ August 8, 2017
Our hero gets the chance to tour France for a bit, and that ain't too bad, put like that. There are invariable complications, some meant to be humorous, meant to remind us of the ineffable M. Hulot's Holiday (which, compared to this, is the difference between building blocks and Legos). That will depend entirety on your age mainly. As for myself, my largest involvement came as sorrow for perpetual bad guy Willem Dafoe having to endure this lame-o attempt at whimsy.
July 18, 2017
It may be predictable, but the gags and slapstick still deliver.
July 15, 2017
this movie should be studied in film school if for no other reason than the music that joins the beginning to the end and everywhere in between. i think it's a brilliant film.
July 9, 2017
I was laughing within about ten seconds of "Mr. Bean's Holiday," and I'm still giggling to myself just thinking about it. It's essentially an hour and a half long string of silly gags, but all of them land, and the story that holds them together is interesting and bizarre enough that even the downtime was enjoyable. I think most people going into this are going to be longtime fans of the character, so really all that matters is that it's funny in the same way the classics were, and it definitely is. But (and I should add a "somehow"), the way the jokes play off each other, and the amount of depth behind everything is astonishingly clever. It's still silly humor, of course, but how scenes are set up and how jokes unfold shows that everything clearly had a lot of thought behind it. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, who knows. I haven't seen anything Mr. Bean related in quite some time, so I might've just forgotten about the intricacies behind jokes in the past. Just, my main point is that this is a far smarter slapstick comedy than most slapstick comedies out there. And it's really funny. And also the cinematography and the stylized editing and camcorder perspective shots were really visually interesting. Sometimes even beautiful. I'd feel bad if I forgot to mention that quality aspect. Anyway, go watch it. It's a really funny movie...

Although I do wish Teddy made an appearance. Maybe in the sequel? Fingers crossed for that and also for the making of a sequel...

It's funny. End of review. Fin.
July 2, 2017
You can re-cast so many great characters in remakes, but there will always be only one Bean. He was a scene stealer in every scene, even though it is his movie.
½ July 1, 2017
Very funny, and with the heart from the show. A worthy movie sequel follow up thingy, unlike "Bean."
½ June 1, 2017
Occasionally funny but failing to capture the tone or heart of the show, Mr. Bean's Holiday is passable, nothing more.
May 25, 2017
Perfectly pleasant, occasionally amusing feature outing for Rowan Atkinson's rather irritating Tati clone. The plot is almost invisible: Bean wins a holiday in Cannes and fails to get there while absconding with a young boy and a French actress. Willem Dafoe plays a pretentious film director. The best sequence takes place early on in a swanky Parisian restaurant and features a gloriously solemn Jean Rochefort as the maƮtre d, showcasing with practised ease how to get real laughs without trying.
April 25, 2017
Funny, and clever. Good movie. Atkinson is great as usual.
½ April 21, 2017
It's fine, uh but stupid
½ January 19, 2017
A great, more family friendly comedy than the previous installment, that provides laughable humor, even if it can't help but seem rather stupid.
January 13, 2017
First time we see Mr, Bean in years and what do we get? A movie which is "eh". Not that good but not the worst movie I have ever seen I guess. Mediocre plot, Good and bad jokes, mostly good but still some bad ones.
January 5, 2017
You know... I can't resist.
December 29, 2016
This Film Is Well made, detailed and it's a cool movie
½ December 26, 2016
Sequel to Bean is pretty okay like the first one. I think the first film deserves a better score than this one based on the acting and the amount of laughs. There wasn't many laughs in this film. I remember watching this in the Cinema and there was just the odd chuckle but that was it, It could have been a better film and I think if you are looking for laughs you should probably look elsewhere.
December 6, 2016
Mr. Bean's Holiday may not be the best film out there and it's hard to think of this film as some sort of remarkable cinematic achievement but the film improves over the Mr. Bean's last movie managing to benefit from its story that pays homage to some French guy called Jacques Tati, Rowan Atkinson's charming performance and the silent gags a la Charlie Chaplin that remain faithful to its well known source material allowing this film to remain an entertaining diversion for kids and Mr. Bean fans.
October 29, 2016
The best movie of all time. however, I would't recommend this to anyone that dose not follow this seance of humor. but their are most scenes that are absolutely hilarious.
½ September 17, 2016
What is life but a teardrop in the eye of infinity.