Mr. Bean's Holiday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Bean's Holiday Reviews

½ September 17, 2016
What is life but a teardrop in the eye of infinity.
½ September 17, 2016
Mr. Bean is full of humor, but as Mr. Bean's Holiday goes on, he starts to become humorless.
½ September 15, 2016
Hilarious movie. Great acting by Rowan Atkinson: )
August 22, 2016
What starts as a mediocre collection of sketches becomes a masterpiece of satire poking fun at the world of the artiste and film festivals.
July 5, 2016
OMG!!! So funny. He has mastered this role to perfection.
½ June 20, 2016
A very funny movie to younger audiences. Me and my brother loved it and so should most other kids. On the other hand adults might not appreciate its slapstick.
May 27, 2016
5/26/2016: Pretty much what I expected for a Bean film, but there weren't as many laugh out load moments compared to the series and the first movie.
May 25, 2016
Often funny and charming, Mr Beanīs Holiday can't help but to recycle its same-old jokes, and give a dragging narrative.
April 15, 2016
"Mr. Bean's Holiday" is a clever comedy full of slapstick gags and well-meaning mischief. The film is exactly what you expect: a series of comical Mr. Bean situations tied together by a non-thought-provoking plot, which also happens to be exactly what we want when watching a film of this ilk. It certainly isn't "The Shawshank Redemption" but it is great for what it is. The family-friendly Mr. Bean gets himself into all sorts of trouble as he travels through France, picking up a few friends along the way while managing to lose his passport and money. Rowan Atkinson is marvelous with his over-the-top facial expressions and physical humor. The film is criticized for repeating the same gags for 90 minutes but there are some wonderfully creative moments in those gags. I was laughing out loud during Bean's French meal and the filming of the commercial. Willem Dafoe goes beyond the call of duty with his interpretation of his character and manages to steal the spotlight away from Atkinson for a few scenes. If you are looking for a masterpiece, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for unoffensive family fun, "Mr. Bean's Holiday" will surely have you laughing after a few scenes.
April 10, 2016
I love this film. Great characterisation, clever plotting, and mesmerising locations. Neither monotonous or tired as the critics consensus states.
½ March 11, 2016
It had its moments, but it lacks the wit of the original sitcom.
March 9, 2016
Some good visual gags but mostly pretty flat. The outrageous and witty humor that abounded in the first film is somewhat lacking here. Atkinson is in good rubber-faced form though.
February 22, 2016
Just never really got this character and only a slow Saturday afternoon made me watch this drab boring crap....a movie where you feel you've wasted ones time.
February 1, 2016
Vastly underrated film. Don't listen to the cynics and enjoy some weird humor with a surprisingly well done direction.
½ January 24, 2016
Hope it was a little bit more amusing.
January 17, 2016
I remember it being sort of fun.
½ January 9, 2016
Love the Bean or hate the Bean. That is the question. You should at least like the Bean.
½ December 29, 2015
Rowan Atkinson's curtain call as Mr. Bean seems like it should've happened ten years ago. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with this movie, really, but it does often feel empty and spacious, like we're all just going through the motions one last time. There's a requisite number of repackaged old skits from the character's long history, interspersed within a lightly curvy, family-friendly plot. Bean's awkward natural charisma is still in attendance, despite his curmudgeonly exterior, and he plays well alongside his two costars: a nearly-mute foreign boy and a stunning French beauty. The language barrier plays well into both relationships, as many of the masthead characters' best adventures play like a silent film. It's fine, I guess, and it certainly entertained my two young boys (we've watched it dozens of times since it went up for streaming on Netflix) but there's nothing remotely essential in here and I doubt I'll remember any of it in a few weeks' time.
½ December 27, 2015
More boring than funny, but still some good moments. I guess Mr. Bean was funnier when I was a kid.
Watched on Netflix at Sam's place, December 27, 2015.
December 27, 2015
A positive surprise. I watched it with no expectations but it really made me laugh. Perhaps it's more enjoyable by Mr Bean's fan (like i am) than by other people, but honestly i don't know what else you can ask an all age comedy besides some good laughs.