Mr. Bean's Holiday - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Mr. Bean's Holiday Reviews

January 18, 2018
When I first saw this, I thought it was funny. Looking back, this movie is mediocre.
½ December 30, 2017
Seeing Mr. Bean´s bycicle get crushed by a StuG is the kind of moments that make this movie quite unique.
December 26, 2017
Incredible film and greatly underrated,
December 20, 2017
One of the greatest comedy movie as Rowan is the best ever comedian and the living legend. Loved this one.
½ December 11, 2017
A much better effort than the first film, and using a foreign setting minimalises the necessity for dialogue, particularly with the main character. Some of the gags are hilarious, others are a bit obvious. Noneltheless, it shows promise should Atkinson be persuaded to bring Mr Bean out of retirement.
"Waitress on Train: You speak very good French.
Mr. Bean: Gracias!"
November 26, 2017
Yeah I think I've seen quite enough of Mr. Bean for one day.
November 24, 2017
I'm not a great fan of Bean, but for some reason I do like this film. It seems to have an emotional depth that is lacking in the first movie and the Bean sitcom. It's quite funny and goes from beginning to end quite seamlessly. Having said that, it's not a classic.
October 16, 2017
Dopo il primo film, ci si aspettava ben altro. A dire il vero, il minimo sindacale era che fosse almeno allo stesso livello del precedente.
Purtroppo peṛ le aspettative sono completamente disattese.
Buone alcune scene. Tristi altre.
Nel complesso non convince peṛ.
August 9, 2017
Apart from loads of laugh-out-loud moments, the movie actually satirically reviewed art whether it be street begging or big budget commercial egoistic trips. It showed that simplicity can be equally rewarding, if not more.
½ August 8, 2017
Our hero gets the chance to tour France for a bit, and that ain't too bad, put like that. There are invariable complications, some meant to be humorous, meant to remind us of the ineffable M. Hulot's Holiday (which, compared to this, is the difference between building blocks and Legos). That will depend entirety on your age mainly. As for myself, my largest involvement came as sorrow for perpetual bad guy Willem Dafoe having to endure this lame-o attempt at whimsy.
July 18, 2017
It may be predictable, but the gags and slapstick still deliver.
July 15, 2017
this movie should be studied in film school if for no other reason than the music that joins the beginning to the end and everywhere in between. i think it's a brilliant film.
July 9, 2017
I was laughing within about ten seconds of "Mr. Bean's Holiday," and I'm still giggling to myself just thinking about it. It's essentially an hour and a half long string of silly gags, but all of them land, and the story that holds them together is interesting and bizarre enough that even the downtime was enjoyable. I think most people going into this are going to be longtime fans of the character, so really all that matters is that it's funny in the same way the classics were, and it definitely is. But (and I should add a "somehow"), the way the jokes play off each other, and the amount of depth behind everything is astonishingly clever. It's still silly humor, of course, but how scenes are set up and how jokes unfold shows that everything clearly had a lot of thought behind it. Maybe I shouldn't be surprised, who knows. I haven't seen anything Mr. Bean related in quite some time, so I might've just forgotten about the intricacies behind jokes in the past. Just, my main point is that this is a far smarter slapstick comedy than most slapstick comedies out there. And it's really funny. And also the cinematography and the stylized editing and camcorder perspective shots were really visually interesting. Sometimes even beautiful. I'd feel bad if I forgot to mention that quality aspect. Anyway, go watch it. It's a really funny movie...

Although I do wish Teddy made an appearance. Maybe in the sequel? Fingers crossed for that and also for the making of a sequel...

It's funny. End of review. Fin.
July 2, 2017
You can re-cast so many great characters in remakes, but there will always be only one Bean. He was a scene stealer in every scene, even though it is his movie.
½ July 1, 2017
Very funny, and with the heart from the show. A worthy movie sequel follow up thingy, unlike "Bean."
½ June 1, 2017
Occasionally funny but failing to capture the tone or heart of the show, Mr. Bean's Holiday is passable, nothing more.
May 25, 2017
Perfectly pleasant, occasionally amusing feature outing for Rowan Atkinson's rather irritating Tati clone. The plot is almost invisible: Bean wins a holiday in Cannes and fails to get there while absconding with a young boy and a French actress. Willem Dafoe plays a pretentious film director. The best sequence takes place early on in a swanky Parisian restaurant and features a gloriously solemn Jean Rochefort as the maître d, showcasing with practised ease how to get real laughs without trying.
April 25, 2017
Funny, and clever. Good movie. Atkinson is great as usual.
½ April 21, 2017
It's fine, uh but stupid
½ January 19, 2017
A great, more family friendly comedy than the previous installment, that provides laughable humor, even if it can't help but seem rather stupid.