Muppets Most Wanted Reviews

• Chelle M
    Jul 31, 2020

It's The Muppets...nuff said!

It's The Muppets...nuff said!

• Jul 27, 2020

A funny heist farce for families. James Bobin's family crime comedy Muppets Most Wanted (2014) is a funny movie with a clever script full of wit, references, and silly gags. Bobin's direction is nothing special, but he creatively uses more Muppets than in The Muppets (2011), which had far too much focus on the humans in the movie. Bobin makes an appreciated course correction by focusing on The Muppets themselves that everyone loves like Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy. At least there is plenty of Muppet fun for anyone to enjoy in Muppets Most Wanted. I think James Bobin and Nicholas Stoller's script is clever and funnier joke for joke than The Muppets, but he doesn't really make much of a story up here. He apes the heist parody stuff from The Great Muppet Caper with the romance marriage angle from Muppets Take Manhattan with a modern twist. Tina Fey's Gulag gags and Ty Burrell's Interpol presence have some great jokes here. James Thomas' editing makes Muppets Most Wanted's 112 minutes pass by quickly with few slow scenes. Don Burgess' cinematography has a lot of crafty medium shots that play around with perspective in how he shows The Muppets move and face the camera. I thought his camerawork improved a great deal since The Muppets. Christophe Beck's music is very airy with a whimsical feel, while Bret McKenzie's playful lyrics are worthy of his Flight of the Conchords fame. It's very cool that Jemaine Clement also cameos as Prison King in Muppets Most Wanted for the full Flight of the Conchords reunion. The celebrity cameos are considerably more clever and interesting this time around. Ricky Gervais, while still his annoyingly pompous self, is pretty entertaining being the butt of the joke as Dominic Badguy. Steve Whitmire is still amazing as the versatile Kermit the Frog. Eric Jacobson pulls his weight by killing it as Miss Pissy, Fozzie Bear, Animal, and Sam Eagle. Dave Goelz is still zany as Gonzo the Great and Dr. Bunsen Honeydew. Matt Vogel is funny as the Russian frog Constantine. Peter Linz sounds more natural and comfortable as newcomer Muppet Walter from The Muppets. Salma Hayek has a funny running with the bulls gag with Gonzo, while Ray Liotta dances his heart out with Danny Trejo in the Gulag. I cannot even name all the neat celebrity cameos that each play a bit part for a joke with The Muppets. Saoirse Ronan, Miranda Richardson, Chloe Grace Moretz, Til Schweiger, Hugh Bonneville, Tom Hollander, Toby Jones, Mackenzie Crook, Tom Hiddleston, Stanley Tucci, and Frank Langella are some of my favorite cameos from Muppets Most Wanted. Celion Dion could have done more for her duet with Miss Piggy, Lady Gaga easily could have done a full song with Kermit or someone. Usher's gag got a laugh out of me, but he should have sang too. Overall, Muppets Most Wanted is still funny, but it's not that amazing of a film, especially compared to the previous Muppet movies this one rips off many ideas from, honestly.

• Jul 21, 2020

Os primeiros trinta minutos são incríveis, mais depois o filme vai em uma rotina de músicas terríveis e imemoraveis,

• Jul 14, 2020

This is really a hilarious movie. The whole family will enjoy it and it is a must-see!

• Apr 28, 2020

I'm not a big fan of The Muppets but this sequel to " The Muppets" was great and I like everything of it, te movie is paced very well , and does a good job of switching back and forth between storylines. With that being said personally enjoyed the movie a lot, its fun and silly, is somewhat absurd at times and that's what The Muppets are all about. So for this being one good sequel and end up enjoying the film until the end, I give " The Muppets Most Wanted " a B-.

• Apr 11, 2020

A fun inventive muppet adventure.

A fun inventive muppet adventure.

• Mar 28, 2020

Very funny at times. Great cameos throughout the movie so you can play the game of "Oh, that's what's his name!". If your love the Muppets, you will like this.

• Mar 27, 2020

Tiene sus momentos, pero la original sigue siendo muy superior.

Tiene sus momentos, pero la original sigue siendo muy superior.

• Dec 26, 2019

Absolute joy from start to finish

Absolute joy from start to finish

• Nov 24, 2019

I absolutely adore this movie. One of my favourite muppets movies; great songs and comedy moments. Plus, James Mcavoy, Tom Hiddleston and Josh Groban making cameos? It's like they made this film just for me.