The Nanny Diaries - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nanny Diaries Reviews

July 27, 2016
Johansson gives a performance so amateur, bereft of personality, and dull it's hard to find the motivation to look past it in deciding if the movie has any actual merits. Laura Linney and Paul Giamatti painfully wasted.
April 2, 2016
You guys don't like this movie? Maybe I'm being biased because of my deep love for both Scarlet J and Alicia Keys. But the storyline was good, it was funny, inspiring, and great to watch.
March 23, 2016
Chris Evans I watched for your cute face. I was not disappointed. A good movie overall even though the beginning is confusing.
March 16, 2016
Disappointing movie.
½ August 1, 2015
Scarlett Johansson plays nanny to a horrible couple (the X'es) with a cute kid. Eventually she leaves, but not before explaining the error of Mrs. X's ways who reforms and lives happily ever after.

There is a bit of kitsch in this movie!
June 24, 2015
Outstanding cast, we'll put together movie. Amazing and want to see again.
June 23, 2015
Fun and frustrating story about a young woman looking for a job that would define her. I see this as a trial to be mom by nanny work. All acting is good, serious and light. A bit of life of servitude by a white girl. It's not as peculiar as servitude by african-american because you see them as free to go any time... except for the attachment with the kid. The parents always seems odd to delegate the mommy work if they have all the time needed. The authors of the novel really like their book being adapted for the screen. I liked the film and always wondered where it was going with this. It stayed upscale throughout. Oh, and Alicia Keys is so delightful and beautiful, one rare gift from god! Praise the lord!
May 14, 2015
The thing that sticks out the most for me, is that it took less than 24 hours for me to forget everything about the film.

The only thing I remembered was thinking I did actually enjoy the film a bit, but I had watch the trailer again just to remember what the story was.

In conclusion, fun but highly forgettable film.
½ April 22, 2015
Moden Mary Poppins without the magic.
November 8, 2014
Am I the only one who is heartbroken about the child? This is a reality for some.
October 6, 2014
It definitely disappointed me -- I wanted to see more romance, I wanted to laugh some more. This movie lacks some appeal.
September 18, 2014
It's mostly a drama, a good one, when the comedy is from the chemistry of Johansson and Evans (both re-assembled in "The Avengers" 5 years later). (B-)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording)
August 21, 2014
Was this here and gone already? Augh!
August 17, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my mid-twenties)
August 12, 2014
Sure is predictable but still fun to watch.
½ August 10, 2014
The Nanny Diaries is a fun chick-flick that not only shows the modern day society of the upper classes, but it shows it in a quirky way that although the audience may not relate directly, but can still be entertained by its charming characters.
June 26, 2014
Scarlett Johansson is likable and Laura Linney does the best that she can with a poorly written role but Paul Giamatti is shockingly awful and Chris Evans looks like he can't quite figure out why he's there. Snoozeworthy.
June 21, 2014
A feel good movie...
½ June 16, 2014
Much better than you'd expect; makes me think the book must be even better. More of a dramedy than a comedy that speaks to the possible parent/child alienation epidemic (well-portrayed in films such as "Sherry Baby," and "Half Nelson") our culture is facing.