The Nanny Diaries - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Nanny Diaries Reviews

November 15, 2018
Just re-watched this charming observation of the rich and the even more rich, and their lifestyles with nannies.. Surprisingly in 2018 it holds up well. Nothing, it seems to have halted the endless circle of money,entitlement and child care by someone other than the original parents.
it's a well-filmed story of a nanny trying to find herself before hitting the suggested grind of the financial mills. Johansson plays a low-key nanny/anthropologist and doesn't add much except a bug-eyed expression as her Laura Linney mother boss call the shots. Linney is absolutely stunning as a well groomed and beauty sparred upper New York 'committee' empty days mother. The gap between the rich and not rich but educated is still relevant and the direction cuts into impressive vignettes of what tragic things matter to this league of material junkies.
January 13, 2018
Lame movie that is basically a prequel to the avengers.
November 12, 2017
Scarlett Johansson unexpectedly finds herself working as a nanny. It's an easy to watch comedy-drama, but it got a little preachy and corny. (First and only full viewing - In my mid-twenties)
August 30, 2017
Fun charming chick flick
½ July 6, 2017
Not really a comedy, since here are no real laughs, but a lighter view of a dysfunctional wealthy family that doesn't meet the needs of anyone in it, although the drama is not severe, I still hurt for them.
January 5, 2017
It's good movie to watch
July 27, 2016
Johansson gives a performance so amateur, bereft of personality, and dull it's hard to find the motivation to look past it in deciding if the movie has any actual merits. Laura Linney and Paul Giamatti painfully wasted.
April 2, 2016
You guys don't like this movie? Maybe I'm being biased because of my deep love for both Scarlet J and Alicia Keys. But the storyline was good, it was funny, inspiring, and great to watch.
March 23, 2016
Chris Evans I watched for your cute face. I was not disappointed. A good movie overall even though the beginning is confusing.
March 16, 2016
Disappointing movie.
½ August 1, 2015
Scarlett Johansson plays nanny to a horrible couple (the X'es) with a cute kid. Eventually she leaves, but not before explaining the error of Mrs. X's ways who reforms and lives happily ever after.

There is a bit of kitsch in this movie!
June 24, 2015
Outstanding cast, we'll put together movie. Amazing and want to see again.
June 23, 2015
Fun and frustrating story about a young woman looking for a job that would define her. I see this as a trial to be mom by nanny work. All acting is good, serious and light. A bit of life of servitude by a white girl. It's not as peculiar as servitude by african-american because you see them as free to go any time... except for the attachment with the kid. The parents always seems odd to delegate the mommy work if they have all the time needed. The authors of the novel really like their book being adapted for the screen. I liked the film and always wondered where it was going with this. It stayed upscale throughout. Oh, and Alicia Keys is so delightful and beautiful, one rare gift from god! Praise the lord!
June 23, 2015
May 14, 2015
The thing that sticks out the most for me, is that it took less than 24 hours for me to forget everything about the film.

The only thing I remembered was thinking I did actually enjoy the film a bit, but I had watch the trailer again just to remember what the story was.

In conclusion, fun but highly forgettable film.
½ April 22, 2015
Moden Mary Poppins without the magic.
November 8, 2014
Am I the only one who is heartbroken about the child? This is a reality for some.
October 6, 2014
It definitely disappointed me -- I wanted to see more romance, I wanted to laugh some more. This movie lacks some appeal.