Ocean's Eleven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ocean's Eleven Reviews

½ October 24, 2016
The strongest asset that 'Ocean's Eleven' contains, is that it is one damn smart movie, a literally ingenious heist flick, in the sense that it tries hard to be clever and stylish, but it pulls it off just right. A remake of the rat pack movie of the same name, Soderbergh's 'Ocean's Eleven' is a highly entertaining flick that packs taut thrills and genuine wit, with a star-studded cast that provides the entertainment value. So the one question comes about as to why, after all these positive remarks, why didn't I give it full stars? Well, its solely due to Don Cheadle's cringeworthy attempt at a Cockney accent that drove me somewhat up the wall, it was terrible. That aside, this is a movie that remains as one of my favourite popcorn flicks.
October 23, 2016
Some parts where taken straight out of mission impossible but it has a great ending to it and Matt Damon was awesome
October 15, 2016
amazing cast in this awesome remake.
½ October 9, 2016
Fun and suspenseful, this film really succeeds in its tight screenplay filled with witty dialogue and misdirections.
October 3, 2016
Funny, enjoable. Overall very solid and entertaining.
September 25, 2016
Clever, Smart, and cool. This movie is so slick it's in a league of it's own. The cast are fantastic. So smoothly handled. But why does Pitt eat in every scene. Still he pulls off the coolness like no one else.
September 6, 2016
very funny characters. lots of action. not a sappy movie
½ September 6, 2016
Great cast, great director, some great lines of dialogue, great heist scene, but not much else to show for it
August 28, 2016
Great ensemble, great remake.
½ August 17, 2016
"Ocean's Eleven" is such an entertaining heist comedy you don't care how unrealistic it is.
July 27, 2016
Ocean's Eleven is a great heist movie, one of the best ever made. It has a slick script with clever twists and funny jokes, and direction which immerses you into all the excitement. And with a cast consisting of George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Matt Damon, how can't you at least like it?
July 14, 2016
7/10/2016: A pretty great movie. An amazing cast with a really good story and possibly the best ever remake.
½ July 14, 2016
A very fun and exciting film that makes you just accept that some plot holes are there, but when the dialogue is this good, the actors are great, and when the set up to the thrilling conclusion comes, you don't care about any convinces the director and writers took with the plot
July 12, 2016
A very enjoyable heist movie!!!!
½ July 12, 2016
Stylish, but stupidly preposterous.
July 12, 2016
"If you're gonna steal from Terry Benedict, you'd better goddamn KNOW. This sorta thing used to be civilized, you'd hit a guy, he'd whack you, done. But with Benedict... at the end of this, he'd BETTER not know you're involved, not know your names or think you're dead because he'll kill ya, and then he'll go to work on ya."
July 7, 2016
The genre definer! Rewatching this, I see a lot of very minor missteps. Really nit-picky stuff. Mostly the cinematography, I suppose. It's mostly great, don't get me wrong. But there are a few odd bits, some inconsistencies. Really minor stuff.
Pitt's acting seemed a little too hard edged at times for a smooth-talking conman, or perhaps I got the character wrong.
I also found that in the memory of my mind this movie was extremely stylized. And it is. But more than what I had previously realized, the style seemed to be effected mostly by the music. It still shows a bit of its own flair in rhythm and visual style, and having stylistic music isn't a bad thing at all. I suppose it was just a problem of expectations.
Still, I am happy with my old rating of 4/5, great movie, fantastic.
June 27, 2016
It would have been even better, if Julia Roberts was NOT in it.
June 18, 2016
I think this seemed much more realistic and believable to go with than that seen in the 1960's version. This has a much more ethnically diverse and age diverse cast to do the con.

I think this was a much more challenging con to do than that seen in the first film with all the moving parts involved with security issues.

This film made sense in why each person joined this team and what they lost and had to gain in order to get into doing this sting.

This is a film with a lot of famous cast members involved or became famous after this film came out.

I felt satisfied with how the money turned out but I feel like the film ended abruptly.

Oceans 11 is a heist film made up of 11 expert criminals played by some great actors who plan to spot out the hotel for its flaws in order to rob the casinos of Los Vegas. They plan to rob the three casinos owned by one owner. MGM Grand Hotel being one.

Matt Damion, George Clooney, Brad Pitt,

Some of these actors became famous for this film.

They rob during the big restyling matches when security is distracted and more money is in the bank.

Terry of all the people you know that There's always someone watching.

The ending I found unsatisfied. I felt like the way it ended was abrupt and needed either a little more or needed to end somewhere else a little sooner with an explanation.

I also think that the leading woman needed more to her personality and background. What we know of her is what others say without the character herself.