Ocean's Eleven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ocean's Eleven Reviews

½ June 21, 2018
Still a modern classic , will watch again today
June 16, 2018
This movie is fun, cool, funny, twisting, exploding with style, and ineffably awesome. But I just wanna list some of my favorite quotes:
"It'll be nice working with proper villains again."
"Guys, guys, look! All....reds!"
"Ten oughta do it, right? (Pause for answer that never comes) You think we need one more? (Pause for answer that never comes) You think we need one more. (Pause for answer that never comes) Alright, we'll get one more."
"They also PAINTED occasionally."
"Does he make you laugh?" "He doesn't make me cry."
June 16, 2018
Ocean's Eleven has everything you'd ever want in a heist film. Steven Soderbergh adds his trademark style to the movie and man, does he make the planning and heist exciting. He also adds a decent amount of funny moments and a sweet jazz score that will get stuck in your head. You don't have to watch the 1960 Frank Sinatra movie to enjoy this remake that's more popular than the original. I loved Ocean's Eleven.
June 15, 2018
The all star cast delivers.
½ June 12, 2018
Really liked this one!
½ June 8, 2018
Oceans 11 is quite an excited and thrilling heist movie that will keep you hooked until the end! Stars George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Matt Damon, Andy Garcia and Julia Roberts as well as the whole supporting cast all do a great job with their roles keeping us watching and entertained throughout the whole movie. Steven Soderbergh plays the whole thing out well giving us a hit film and one of the best and well known of his career. A story about robbing a casino will keep you wondering until the end if they'll get away with it or get caught and is a fast paced enjoyable movie with tons of popcorn entertainment.
June 6, 2018
5/5. Ocean's Eleven is a slick movie that boasts a magnetic cast, high-energy, and non-stop fun throughout.
June 1, 2018
A great remake of Oceans 11 (1960) that has it's own flair and style to it in Director Steven Soderbergh's kinda way. Danny Ocean (George Clooney) is fresh out of prison and looking to pull off a heist in Las Vegas. He puts together his crew consisting of his right hand man Rusty Ryan (Brad Pitt) and several other con men. Included in this group is pickpocket Linus Caldwell (Matt Damon) the youngest in the group. Together the 11 men get their plan into place. When its found out that the owner of the casinos Terry Benedict (Andy Garcia) is also dating Oceans's ex wife Tess (Julia Roberts) the plan starts to get a bit murky. Overall, a fantastic caper film with some really well done twists. The movie has very likeable leads and the entire crew just works. This is a solid film and one that even watching it 17 years later still holds up quite well.
May 28, 2018
Cool, slick, stylish and clever. It heist movies are your thing then this is more than up your alley.
May 27, 2018
Superb heist film that not only improves on the original in every way but the one that is the true classic. The cast is superb across the board, with Clooney & Pitt as the two coolest robbers ever conceived (Clooney's Danny Ocean walks out of prison twice wearing a tux). The rest of the cast is nicely balanced as well, with each getting their moment to shine (unlike the original). Best of all is Andy Garcia as Terry Benedict, the casino owner who is menacing enough you want to see him go down but intelligent enough that he remains a real threat throughout the film. Behind the camera, Steven Sodenberg crafts one of this best films as he slowly unspools the heist plan, delivering the rest mix of twists & obstacles that you will on the edge of your seat throughout the film. He wisely emphasizes when the plan starts to fall apart so show how the crew is able to improvise in response. He also ties in the romantic subplot of Danny trying to win his wife, Tess (a solid Julie Roberts), with robbing the casino, making the whole scenario feel like one beautiful seduction. Overall, one of the best heist films ever made and a remake that is worthy of the term classic, unlike the original.
May 12, 2018
There were a few good moments, but I thought most of the movie was boring.
April 18, 2018
Strengths: Of course, the positives start with the extraordinary cast. You'd be hard pressed to find a better two men to lead something like this than George Clooney (Danny) and Brad Pitt (Rusty). They're both so charismatic and play off each other tremendously. Matt Damon (Linus) is great and possibly steals the show in this one. There's also top notch work from folks like Don Cheadle (Basher), Bernic Mac (Frank) and Andy Garcia (Terry). Typically, in a good heist film, the actual robbery is the best part. While it's good here, the highlight is seeing everything get set up and watching the pieces fall into place. The characters interact so well that I could've watched an entire film of just them putting the heist together. The film is well written, with sharp, witty dialogue. I've gone on record to state that I'm not a fan of Soderbergh flicks, but this series is the exception. It's well directed and he just gets what to do with characters.

Weaknesses: Parts of the movie seem to drag and it ultimately ends up feeling like it lasts longer than two hours. I also couldn't get into the Tess (Julia Roberts) character. I completely understood her point in the film and she's a big driving force behind Danny's plan. I just never felt any real connection or chemistry with her and Clooney. Also, while it makes sense for her to leave Terry after hearing what he said, she goes back to Danny, which feels out of character. It doesn't seem like Danny does enough to be deserving of that kind of redemption from his jilted ex.

Overall: This is just such a cool movie. Almost all the characters are enjoyable in some form, they're stylish and witty, making for a good time. The heist itself is cool and the setup for it is great. Throw in some great acting, writing, and directing and you've got a winner.
½ April 16, 2018
Cool as you can get, own all of the Ocean capers, or so they tell me. Because personally I wasn't overly impressed with any of the films, particularly the second instalment in the trilogy.
At any rate though, that is beside the point, since I am only supposed to be rating this one. So I will just get on with my review.
First of all I really enjoyed this one, I thought it was extremely fun and entertaining, easily the best film in the Ocean's series.
But outside of the following three things: (the formation of the team, the set up, and the impending arrival of the big heist), there isn't really that much to offer.
March 30, 2018
Don Cheadle, Don Cheadle, Don Cheadle. While I don't follow actors careers, Mr. Cheadle was the most hilarious of the characters. Brad Pitt's attire was quite sexy and quirky Matt Damon stuck it!
½ March 3, 2018
Soderbergh somehow makes everything in this tired genre work. One of the most effortlessly entertaining films of the 2000's.
½ February 21, 2018
An incredibly sharp, not to mentioned unbelievable it's sequencing of events but acceptable, this one well executed caper film, filled with great dialogue and a fantastic ensemble cast. Soderbergh's direction is the biggest star of the film.
½ February 13, 2018
Excellent remake, might be better than the first.
February 12, 2018
This is extremely fun and has an outstanding cast, wonderful music, an excellent story & script, and expert direction from Steven Soderbergh.
February 11, 2018
Well acted, shot and planned heist movie that plays through it's entirety without being too clichéd and overblown.
February 3, 2018
Works for its all star cast, heist/comedy, fun twists and turns.