Ocean's Eleven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ocean's Eleven Reviews

August 20, 2017
Much like it's protagonists, Eleven's flaws are easily overcome by an abundance of style, charm, and confidence. It's just a great time to be had.
August 16, 2017
Soderbergh gets the best out of an all-star cast. Smart and surprising heist that keeps moving thanks to great pacing.
August 2, 2017
Great flick very well put together
July 28, 2017
With its impressive cast and attractive setting, 'Ocean's Eleven' definitively works. Not far from being ostentatious but being definitely flamboyant, Soderbergh's film is certainly a cool, very entertaining film, juggling with hability between suspenseful action sequences and funny moments.
½ July 20, 2017
It's lots of fun, and that's all you really want out of a heist movie.
July 19, 2017
A smooth story. Great pacing. Very good acting make this a very good movie.
July 16, 2017
Clooney, Damon, Pitt need I go on
July 15, 2017
The rare case of a remake being massively better than the original. This all-star cast comes together with seamless chemistry, and is thoroughly entertaining start to finish.
July 10, 2017
Every dialogue involving Julia Roberts (Tess) made this movie worth watching again and again.

Tess: "You're a liar and a thief!"
Danny (played by George Clooney): "I only lied about being a thief!"

Carl Reiner and the rogue acting by Andy Garcia also make Ocean's 11 a movie you can't turn your head away from.
June 24, 2017
Has overtaken The Godfather as my favorite movie of all time. Not a great "film", but if I can only watch one movie over and over again, it would be this. Dialogue is witty, and delivery is crisp. Not a dull moment in this film.
½ June 10, 2017
Cool and funny, and just that little bit cocky, but not oppressively so.
June 1, 2017
A fresh, entertaining, star-studded film that draws you in and pulls the wool over your eyes as easily as the crew does with their mark.
May 13, 2017
Ocean's Eleven is expertly crafted and feels smart and stylish, and is simply a joy to watch. Soderbergh's direction and cinematography shine once again in this fantastically-casted and expertly scripted popcorn film.
½ April 19, 2017
A enjoyable heist film packed with stars but a very fast moving plot
½ April 10, 2017
Smoothly executed and acted with perfected performances throughout, Clooney steals the stage for the majority of the picture allowing small glimpses into his co-stars throughout, however it's definitely mostly a Clooney picture - devoid of the feeling of having any ensemble cast to it. This isn't a bad thing, as he is a delight to watch as Danny Ocean - the anti-hero star of the Oceans trilogy. The story has been done before however it hasn't been done like this before and it's extremely thrilling whilst being taut and reserved throughout. It's a film that takes a while to unravel and is mildly confusing throughout, however it's definitely an exciting and well made picture.
April 3, 2017
Enjoyable, but I was expecting more. Brad Pitt always good. I want to like George Clooney, but something about him leaves me cold. Maybe he seems too glib? Julia Roberts a bit of a waste...again - just wanted more substance.

Brad Pitt and Matt Damon have the most charisma and stage presence. Also Julia Roberts.
½ March 25, 2017
Tried my hardest to like this movie but I just couldn't. Gets capitalized for making me have high expectations of it.
March 18, 2017
After the first few times seeing this film, there was still a brief window where I hadn't seen the original Sinatra classic, but in all honesty despite it's label as a remake, Soderbergh's 'Ocean's Eleven' feels just as fresh and original as the Rat Pack one did in the 60's, and thankfully cuts to the chase in just 30 minutes, instead of the hour it took the original to.

The strongest asset that 'Ocean's Eleven' contains, is that it is one damn smart movie, a literally ingenious heist flick, in the sense that it tries hard to be clever and stylish, but it pulls it off just right. 'Ocean's Eleven' is a highly entertaining flick that packs taut thrills and genuine wit, with a star-studded cast that provides the entertainment value. So the one question comes about as to why, after all these positive remarks, why didn't I give it full stars? Well, its solely due to Don Cheadle's cringeworthy attempt at a Cockney accent that drove me somewhat up the wall, it was terrible. That aside, this is a movie that remains as one of my favourite popcorn flicks.
March 17, 2017
Smooth, slick as hell, simple, straight forward and direct. I've always loved this film unconditionally. Sure, objectively it may not be a perfect movie, but damn do I find it entertaining. From the soundtrack, cast, dialogue, cinematography and execution, this is a simple heist story executed with pizazz.