Ocean's Thirteen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ocean's Thirteen Reviews

½ October 26, 2016
Le 1 etait classe, le 2 bwouaif et le 3 plutot classe. On revient aux origines du casse avec cette fois-ci le casino d'Al Pacino. Humour et scenar impec !
½ October 18, 2016
This third installment goes back to the formula of the first film, and it pays off. Although not as impressive of a screenplay, Ocean's Thirteen makes up for it in prime entertainment within its plot and characters.
October 3, 2016
Simple straight forward heist. Not as good as the 1st Ocean's but solid sequel.
½ September 7, 2016
Well, Ocean's 13 followed about the same formula as Ocean 11 & 12- which, I have to admit, got a bit tiring around the middle. But with such likable characters, it's hard not to enjoy the ride anyway. Who doesn't enjoy the notion that Shaobo Qin's character Yen can understand English perfectly while everyone else can understand Chinese perfectly? It's funny every time. But the prosthetic nose on Matt Damon's character made me actually nauseous which made the bizarre seduction scenes with Abagail Sponder extra repulsive- this was not a plus for the movie. Neither were some of the bad costumes- peering at George Clooney's Guapo Italiano getup, Brad Pitt's Fruit and Nut Earthquake Expert getup and Don Cheadle's Black Sista/Captain America Persona. In the end, however, I had a good time. I still enjoyed the guys winning everything in the end. One of my favorite characters continues to be Elliott Gould, who was great in the movie. And of course, I always love the all time hottie, Andie Garcia, who never disappoints. I can't give a half star or I would have given three and a half and I can't justify a four star rating so a three star will have to do!
September 6, 2016
Another waste of a great cast, just an excuse to get them all in the same movie
½ August 12, 2016
Film felt episodic, but had some great scenes and the a list cast eats up the scenes.
½ August 7, 2016
Nice to see The Gang get Al Pacino's casino money ,make him a lot poorer and spread the money also to unknown people ! SOMDVD
½ July 19, 2016
Oceans 13

I thought that the film started out slow because it was a lot of talking and set up discussions to what would happen later in the film.

Jumping through the elevator corridors looked dangerous and crazy amazing.

I like the American flag motorcycle costume.

You shook Sanatra's hand so you should know better.

I enjoyed the casting decisions for this film.

The diamonds were donated towards charity for 200 kids to go to camp.

I wish that there was a little more action to this film.

The music in this film was pretty good. It was interesting how this started out be a plan for redemption but as more people came involved this became than just stealing money from one system but also diamonds for someone else if they are to be allowed to use drill to help disrupt the casino main computer and security system.

I liked the dice machine that would make the dice role to the numbers they wanted to make 7.

Is it as good as the first film. No, but I do like the fact that this is a different story and it sounds convincing. This also goes into stories concerning greed, loyalty, and dedication no matter the cost. Sticking up for those people in your life that mean the most. This was not about the money but doing what is right based upon morals.
June 17, 2016
I just love these movies!
June 5, 2016
By far the best one for me. Maybe a lot of it is the motivation of the characters to protect their comrade is more clear. The whole story overall works together well.
May 26, 2016
Steven Soderbergh reverts back to the witty and suave layout that made the original such a success. Even though it doesn't match with its first installment, Ocean's Thirteen is actually a boost from the second installment. The film's able to capture some of its original magic and, along with an interesting premise, is able to be an entertaining entry in this heist trilogy. 4/5
May 15, 2016
A huge step up from the atrocity that was "Ocean's 12," but still throughout this movie I kept saying "So what?" There were high stakes but I still didn't feel that engaged. Weird. But it was harmless entertainment and George Clooney & Al Pacino are wonderful as usual.
½ May 14, 2016
The cast of 11 & 12 (minus the leading ladies) goes back to Vegas as the franchise gets back to it's roots. A decent sequel made better by the presence of Al Pacino.
½ April 1, 2016
My favorite of the 3, pachino is entertaining and the cast's chemistry is stronger then ever. Love it.
March 23, 2016
What started out as a cool strut in Eleven suddenly became a stumble in Twelve. Thankfully Thirteen is not an unlucky number in this case as the third film in the fun heist trilogy picks itself back up, dusts off it's leisure suit and concludes it's cool strut to the much more satisfying finish line.
March 13, 2016
Leaning towards a five star! Not as good as Oceans 11 but better than Oceans 12... overall it was an amazing movie!
½ February 15, 2016
Ocean's Thirteen is the final movie to the Ocean's series directed by Steven Soderbergh, and it stars George Clooney, Brad Pitt, Andy Garcia, Carl Reiner, Matt Damon, Bernic Mac, Don Cheadle, and Al Pacino in a heist film that is about the crew going to rob Willy's casino after screwing over one of Ocean's crew with his money. After the disappointing Ocean's Twelve, this movie goes back to the old roots of the first movie and do the same plot again, which makes me glad that it's better than the second film, even though it wasn't as great as the first movie. The big cast are still great as ever, and with Al Pacino giving a good addition to the film. The plot gives out some overly complex situations that makes the film a bit unrealistic. The writing by Brian Koppelman and David Levien is better written than the second film and it gives out more funny moments also, even if there were moments that weren't not that funny, and it doesn't really have that much of a character progression. It is more restrained than the second film, and the twists make more sense also. Ocean's Thirteen is a really good movie that ends the trilogy in an imperfect, but stylish way.
February 15, 2016
Should be good or hopefully better then the last
February 12, 2016
Certain formula is good and 13 is a return to root seeing Ocean's at its best.
February 2, 2016
I'm sorry if this is cliche, but there are too many attractive men in this movie for its own good.