Ocean's Thirteen - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ocean's Thirteen Reviews

November 15, 2018
This film was great.
½ October 3, 2018
Ocean's Thirteen has its problems such as the action which is mostly forgettable and the lack of female characters which bothered me, but the interactions between the team are great per usual, the film is a lot of fun and it features some solid dialogue and humor. It's weaker than the first movie, but definitely an improvement over its predecessor.
½ September 27, 2018
very entertaining with a good story. a few possibly questionable parts, but very enjoyable overall. (4 viewings)
September 23, 2018
This film was sort of the comeback kid from the previous film in the series. Now I don't believe it was as good as the first film, but I did find it more enjoyable and less "congested ."
½ September 6, 2018
Ultimo film firmato sempre Soderbergh. Non c'č chissā quanto da dire, lo ritengo leggermente superiore al primo e il pių bello della trilogia. Alla fine la banda riesce a fregare tutti e tre i loro nemici, Benedict, NightFox e Willie Bank. Il cast č ancora pių di alto livello grazie all'aggiunta di un certo Al Pacino. Mi č piaciuto.
½ July 19, 2018
4.5/5. Ocean's Thirteen goes back to what made Eleven so good. The case is great, the goal is clear, we understand what is happening and why, but the film leaves a few tricks and surprises for us. A few minor moments don't work, but it's a solid sequel and infinitely to the garbage that was Twelve.
July 16, 2018
I somehow missed the memo that there was an Ocean's 12 and jumped straight from Ocean's 11 to Oceans' 13.

The actors are great, and the storyline is fine. It wasn't as original as the first, and it's not necessary a must watch, but was still kind of entertaining.
July 10, 2018
Ocean's 13 reverts back to the original style of heist and slick cuts and slick suits. The result is an entertaining movie and a great closure to the Ocean's series by Steven Spielberg. The gang are all back and this time bad guy Andy Garcia is the 12th member as they team up against bad banker Willie Bank played by Al Pacino. The plot points are similar to the first film and the result is an entertainer of the highest order. Check this one out if you've seen the other Ocean films. This is a good closure. (A fine end to the modern Ocean's gang).
July 1, 2018
An improvement over the last movie, Ocean's Thirteen still can't surpass Eleven in terms of quality and I was a bit sad that Julia Roberts sat this one out but the Steven Soderbergh's style, the humour, the performances and the actual heist are what makes this movie a fun conclusion to the trilogy. Even if I occasionally wasn't always happy with the editing. It's not bad but sometimes I couldn't fully comprehend what's happening. Never mind, Ocean's Thirteen is still good.
June 18, 2018
A return to form and a fitting end to the Oceans trilogy. Taking place a few years after Oceans Twelve (2004) the gang returns to Las Vegas when their good friend Reuben (Elliott Gould) suffers a heart attack after getting swindled in a hotel/casino deal by the corrupt Willy Bank (Al Pacino). So after declining a peace offering from Danny (George Clooney) the gang decides to get their revenge by breaking the bank at Bank's new casino. The plot is pretty simple and even kind of close to the first film, but man it just works. These movies work well when they're pulling a heist off in Vegas and this one fits the bill. The characters have much better interactions in this film compared to Oceans Twelve. I really thought everyone got to shine in this one. It's a fitting end to the trilogy (this is all before we found out Oceans 8 (2018) was a spinoff). The movie has some great moments in it with a great mix of thriller, comedy and just plain fun. Give it a look definitely if you haven't seen it.
½ June 15, 2018
Disappointed to say the least.
½ May 30, 2018
Better than Twelve thanks to reverting back to a more simple formula, yet Thirteen still lacks in overall entertainment value.
May 29, 2018
Solid conclusion to the "Oceans Trilogy" that gets back to the basics. The cast is back to their charming best, with each getting a fun moment to shine, though the lack of the female cast members, Julie Roberts & Catherine Zeta Jones, is missed. The villain, Willie Banke, is so over the top (as played by Al Pacino) that while you root against him, you never find him a threat, and his assistant, played by Ellen Barkin, is mistreated as well. Behind the camera, Soderbergh keeps the heist running smoothly, not repeating the mistakes of the second film, by slowly letting in the viewers on the evolving heist, along with whatever twists and obstacles get in their way. The result, while not the classic that is the original, is a vast improvement on the second and makes for a solid conclusion to the series.
March 30, 2018
Ditto comments posted to O-11. Thumbs up!
March 18, 2018
The ridiculousness of the plot and the macho actors frankly poking fun at themselves elevates this movie well above the level of "12"
February 16, 2018
Good, but confusing.
February 13, 2018
Love heist movies, and this group, keep making more.
February 6, 2018
Saw this on opening night almost 11 years ago and after rewatching it for the first time in a long while I have to say I enjoy Thirteen just as much as Eleven. Can't beat Al Pacino playing a villain.
½ February 4, 2018
Awful script, terrible movie. Was it only meant to appeal to 13 year old boys? What a waste of time.