Odd Thomas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Odd Thomas Reviews

December 16, 2017
Not quite the ghost whisperer, our hero fights some odd vilains with fist and bullets. I think ghost whisperer (TV series) had a much better sensitivity and intelligence. Here they created another kind of evil that is too distracting and does not seem to be useful at anything other than a plot enhancer. The new evil does not make sense. Once again, the TV series was much more sensible. Still the film can keep us occupied. A bit sad that our hero died so young. Wondering if there is a link with this murderous film.
November 25, 2017
Just saw the movie on Netflix. The storyline is quite interesting, and the quirky suspenseful humor was a welcome difference from most horror comedies. Definitely worth watching when you have some time to kill.
November 5, 2017
This movie was much better than it was given credit for. It was fun, creepy and entertaining. I own it and have watched it many times. I love the Odd Thomas series and read them all. I wish there could be more movies.
September 21, 2017
With the untimely passing of Anton Yelchin, we may never see a continuation of this very good series. Thoroughly enjoyed, and was shocked by the ending.
August 19, 2017
Well presented, fun, with enough twist and turns to keep you interested to the very end.
August 17, 2017
Extremely entertaining and heartbreaking. Lots of action, mystery, intrigue, true love and sorrow. Keeps you guessing up until the end. Wish they had made a sequel.
August 6, 2017
always love a dean koontz book. this screen adaptation wasnt much less enthralling.
½ July 28, 2017
Man, did critics get this one wrong.
July 27, 2017
It was a really solid movie. It was a lot of fun with a great cast and a good storyline. It moved very quickly and had good special effects. The climax was well done and wrapped up everything and made sense. Was a pleasant surprise.
June 22, 2017
2017-06-22 sad with a bit of crime mystery. Shame the lead actor died afterwards.
June 4, 2017
For some reason it really clicked for me. Loved it.
May 27, 2017
Odd Thomas is a wonderful movie that kept me hooked to the very end. From start to finish it was a rollercoaster of emotions, from laughing happily to crying. It mixes action and mystery perfectly; sprinkling in tiny bits of horror, drama, and comedy. If you're looking for a lovely, lighthearted film that will entertain you even through the credits, Odd Thomas is perfect for you.
May 26, 2017
True to the book. :)
May 5, 2017
I'm scared to watch this because I LOVE the Odd Thomas books and am afraid it's gonna suck. :-( I wish people would stop ruining some of my favorite books! *cough* Mark Waters *cough*
½ March 28, 2017
thoroughly enjoyed this movie
½ March 19, 2017
Love this movie, watched it before the tragic accident and watching it after makes it that much more touching. Great movie!
March 14, 2017
It was decent. I probably won't watch it again.
February 27, 2017
I absolutely love it. It's odd, quirky, and definitely something I've never seen before. I haven't read the book yet, but now I HAVE to check it out!
December 16, 2016
It was so good at grabbing your emotions, the idea and acting in the movie was so realistic. It was so realistic in fact that it made me cry.
December 12, 2016
I really liked it. Sort of otherworldly and interesting, not really horror though if you are a looking for a scare.