Paranoia - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paranoia Reviews

½ November 12, 2016
Big cast, average plot.
½ October 6, 2016
The only 2 scenes that were worth watching in this film were 2 conversations between Gary Oldman and Harrison Ford.
Shameless Apple product placement, poor script, unnecessarily dragged in good actors.
½ July 17, 2016
I hate this movie so much, it baffles how Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman read the script and thought yeah this will be great, one of the worst movies I've ever seen
February 10, 2016
one of the best movies I seen in a while
½ February 5, 2016
I wouldn't call it a success considering its cast, but the film deserves a better rating than the scores it received.
January 17, 2016
Two Words: I'm Paranoid!
½ December 15, 2015
Not much of a thriller and the tempo is quite slow which bring the movie down. Liam Hemsworth is ambitious to succeed with his pitch in Gary Oldman company but he is not impress with his software. Liam and his team are fired. He use the company credit card to go clubbing with his team and next day he is summon by Gary. He give him 2 choices - either go jail or work for him by stealing a new secret project by his rival company own by Harrison Ford. Embeth Davidtz is a psychologist and to help Liam change image. Liam ace a project within 72 hours and Harrison is impress. His one night stand with Amber Heard who work in the same company is turning into love. Gary promise Liam lots of money if he succeed. His dad Richard Dreyfuss is sick and need money so Liam has to agree. Josh Holloway from FBI warn Liam he is in deep shit if he help Gary steal information. Few of the ex-associates died after fired from the company. Liam thought he should continue the mission and settle once for all. The apartment he is staying are bugged. He has to use Amber office card to access the vault. After stealing the product, Harrison anticipated him. Now Liam is force by Harrison to do what he want or else all his prove of meeting with Gary will be hand to police. Liam get his friend to help. He expose Embeth who is working for Harrison in front of Gary. They both go to Harrison company and the latter is planning to buy over the company at a cheap price. Gary is force to sign the paper. His new product need Gary processor and so forseeing everything, he make use of the situation to buy his company over to launch his product. Liam's friend manage to record the conversation through Harrison own phone because the software install by Liam during the aced project is inside. FBI caught them all and Liam is freed for helping. He and his friends set up own company and patch back with Amber.
½ November 3, 2015
Paranoia means thinking that everyone is against you, causing you to look around every corner for someone to attack you or betray you. That kind of story can build up some real tension in a movie. The film called ?Paranoia? (PG-13, 1:46) gets that formula backwards and actually extinguishes tension. This movie shows us all the reasons that the main character SHOULD be paranoid, but he doesn?t know what?s happening behind the scenes, so instead of being paranoid, he?s just oblivious.

Liam Hemsworth is Adam Cassidy, a cocky and ambitious young technology developer who is forced by his boss (Gary Oldman) to steal corporate secrets from a rival technology company CEO (Harrison Ford). Embeth Davidtz does well as a woman who teaches Adam the art of corporate espionage, while Richard Dreyfuss? talents are wasted in the role of Adam?s ailing father.

Let?s see? this movie has? some great shots of New York City! That?s about the best thing I can say about ?Paranoia?. Unfortunately, those beauty shots are few and far between, much like the moments of real tension in the story. And those moments are connected by dialog and plot points that range from lame to silly to ridiculous. Of course, it would?ve helped if more members of the cast could actually act.

There are a couple half-way decent twists near the end of the movie, but by then, I was more interested in what time it was than what was going to happen to these characters. It?s almost as if there were a conspiracy to put out a movie with a cool title and a few great actors, then distribute an interesting trailer, all to get ME into the theater to waste my time and money.

Maybe that?s just my paranoia talking.

Or not. ?Paranoia? gets a ?D?.
October 16, 2015
Esta peli me gusto bastante,tiene unos giros muy buenos! 8/10
October 15, 2015
Amber Heard saves this
October 2, 2015
Very lightweight. Gary Oldman and Harrison Ford must have been at a loose end
September 17, 2015
I really think Paranoia could have been a decent film. But with a shotty script where things just dont add up, laughable scenes where the dialogue is atrocious and a bad supporting cast it didn't hold up. The only thing I really enjoyed. Gary Oldman, I thought he did the best out of everybody for what he was working with.
½ August 20, 2015
There are too many things wrong with this film in it's plot and script that even a pretty great cast can't save.
August 16, 2015
What a cast, what a disapointmeng
July 31, 2015
good time,if you drunk
½ July 27, 2015
BORING. Nothing happens in this, Liam Hemsworth joins one company, goes undercover at another company, runs, and conspires against both companies. HUH. Gary Oldman & Harrison Ford are both good in this, but they aren't given much to work with in terms of story so their performances fall kinda flat. Could have been much better but everyone seemed dis-interested for the most part. NOT RECOMMENDED.
½ June 19, 2015
Passable despite the many technological plot holes in this crime thriller.
June 15, 2015
Paranoia has sporadic moments of a film that's story could have been solid and intriguing, but any glimpses of something remotely intelligent or entertaining are drowned out by an overall dull and dry screenplay. Pathetically enough, For a movie with this name, there's almost zero suspense to be found. Character development is attempted but unsuccessful, the cinematography has laughable aspect ratio hiccups, performances range from decent to extremely boring, and Paranoia is an overall lifeless, forgettable affair.
½ June 8, 2015
Horribly unoriginal and thinly scripted, Paranoia achieves absolutely nothing unique with an utter dependence on overdone cliches and tropes and hardly any fun thrills or enjoyable performances.
June 4, 2015
Imagine a holiday, then go for a nothing-to-do one, and you are sleepy, so you found the perfect movie to watch.... No twists, no surprises, good actors, ok plot...