Patti Cake$ - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Patti Cake$ Reviews

½ November 26, 2017
My @Redbox #moviesuggestion: @PattiCakesMovie An underdog story w/endearing characters, a dope soundtrack, lyrics that made me go OH $H1T - Watch out 4 @DLMacdonald19 & @therealbrahmin who've huge careers ahead & @bridgeteverett can SAYNG! #PattiCakesMovie
½ November 25, 2017
***SATISFYING AND DELICIOUS... YOU CAN EVEN EAT THE DISHES***
November 25, 2017
A standout performance by Danielle MacDonald helps lift this predictable and cliched story. There is nothing typical in the plot about an overweight trouble girl who wants to become a rapper. The things that don't ring true is the silliness in the raps herself. The filmmakers lose credibility when they make everyone too good to be believed. The over polished "brilliance" of the music clashes with the often sweet and intense story of Patti and her mother.
November 21, 2017
Danielle Macdonald as Killer P or Patti Cake$ makes for a truly breakout role as underdog wanna-be rapper
it's the only thing she has living in the dumps of New Jersey with her sick aunt, dead end job as a bartender and ex-star alcoholic of a mother
she wants to be a professional rapper so with the help of her friend Danny and a lone music maker Basterd she plans to make that dream come true
it's full of the clichés we've seen but Macdonald knocks it out of the park with her big heart and passion to speak her own life's truth
I found a lot of the music beats very enjoyable even tapping my feet to a few of the songs, they have that extra variety and heart behind them for Patti to fight against the rest of the hating world
yes it's all very familiar but the leading lady outshines it all along with some killer music
½ November 20, 2017
So good! Girl power, music, family drama & romance
½ November 17, 2017
De lo mejor que he visto en este año. Dénsela.
November 14, 2017
so so so much mofe,than expected
November 13, 2017
I loved this movie. Danielle is freaking fearless.
½ November 12, 2017
Patti Cake$ is a low budget Sundance movie with unknown actors that was bought for wide distribution.

The audience for this film is limited because it's a story about a female rap music want-to-be from New Jersey. If you don't like rap music and all that comes with it, this might not be your cup of tea!

Danielle Macdonald, who plays Patti, (aka killer p aka a dozen more), is okay as the lead. She's another Australian actress. I guess Hollywood can't find any American talent anymore.

For a low budget movie, this film is good, but not great, and the storyline will limit the audience!!! ...............
November 11, 2017
A heartwarming little ditty with enough grit and credibility. Breakout star - Danielle Macdonald
November 10, 2017
Patti Cake$ - Review (2017)

The Good
Danielle Macdonald as Patti is a standout, she is fantastic

Bridget Everett as Barb (her mom) was a Big C*** for most of the movie, but the end she finally pulls through and stops seeing her daughter as a waste and has a big moment at the end for her character.

Siddharth Dhananjay as Jheri and Mamoudou Athie as Basterd are great

Cathy Moriarty as Nana was funny

The Freestyle Raps were great

The Songs were fucking awesome the most notable are P.B.N.J. and the Finale Song

There is a Romance surprisingly, but it works

The Bad
The weird awful editing and dream sequences in the Beginning of the Film

Its a bit predictable

Overall: I really did Like this film a lot I didn't know what to expect I only knew the premise of the film and was instantly surprised.

Overall Grade: B+
November 9, 2017
damn good flick. this girl is gonna be a star.
November 8, 2017
GREAT movie!!! I love her!!!
November 8, 2017
A truly perfect film, I was engaged and emotionally invested the whole way through. I just spent the last half hour texting everyone I know to go and see this movie, I would recommend the same to anyone reading this!
September 26, 2017
My Ten word movie review verdict: All eyez on Danielle because a star is born....Shine.
September 25, 2017
Though it follows a predictable formula, thanks to a winning cast, including breakout star MacDonald, and a heartfelt story, the movie winds up entertaining nonetheless.
September 25, 2017
No lil pump 0/10
Titties 10/10 tho
½ September 23, 2017
Such a sweet, fun and unexpected surprise - the kind of feel-good movie we all need to see right now. I can see why this got a 10-minute standing ovation at Cannes. Major star turn for Danielle Macdonald, with top-notch performances from Cathy Moriarty, Bridget Everett, Siddharth Dhananjay, and Mamoudou Athie, Hope this little film gets the wide release it deserves.
September 23, 2017
This was one of the best movies I've seen in years. I laughed, I cried. this was an amazing surprise
September 18, 2017
This film kept me guessing and excited for the main character. I love to see films where I'm not sure about the ending until the actual ending. I loved the use of unconventional characters, and the music actually turned out to be amazing and believable. Go see this movie!
Looking forward to what Danielle MacDonald will be up to in here bright future!