Perfect Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perfect Sense Reviews

½ November 7, 2016
McGregor and Green are genuinely captivating while living a frightening science fiction concept.
October 3, 2016
Loved this movie. So moving and sad. True love story.
½ October 1, 2016
The perfect example of a 2.5 star movie, the kind which leaves you asking, "Did I like it or actually kinda hate it?" The premise is interesting (humans losing their senses one by one), but hurt by its own awkward self-seriousness. Sometimes it's effectively sad, and sometimes it's just melodramatic & maudlin. At moments it's bitterly powerful (ending), and at others it's eye-rollingly on-the-nose (anytime McGregor loses his temper). A bold film whose boldness can't quite raise its quality above "meh".
September 19, 2016
well its... not exactly uplifting nor deep
August 22, 2016
The premise is very intriguing and an intelligent one, and there are some sequences that truly startled me. I love both Ewan McGregor and Eva Green and they do make an appealing couple whom you care on an emotional level. It's an interesting piece of work that is well-directed, well-thought out, and thought-provoking. Not a groundbreaking film, but it is an effectively spine-tingling film.
July 15, 2016
Just doesn't work. Eva Green's character has the opportunity of several lifetimes, since she is an epidemiologist, yet spends her days and night casually shacking up with Ewan McGregor's character. The disease progresses and the symptoms manifest in people simultaneously, despite the fact that they wouldn't have been infected at the same time.
½ June 11, 2016
Seemed like the more understandable, more global version of "Upstream Color"
It was lovely, I loved Eva Green in it & if it's at all possible I loved Ewan McGregor even more, I Absolutely loved all the scenes with Ewan's Bike, Every-Single-One, The Direction & the Narration at the very end was spectacular.
Max Richter - Luminous (OST) <3
May 4, 2016
Don't let the critics or general audience responses fool you. This movie is beautifully shot and has a lot to say about humanity. Eva Green and Ewan MacGregor are certainly easy to watch, as well.
April 10, 2016
Those looking for something like Andromeda Strain will be sorely disappointed, but the film's loving view of humanity as a whole and the very flawed characters in the film is touching, sometimes funny, and very powerful emotionally. This film is poetry. Some have called it bleak - for me it was just the opposite. By the end I felt happy and grateful. Forget the scores above - just see it.
½ April 7, 2016
The idea with an semi-apocalypse is new and has potential. And also the film could be much better if they would have avoid some ridiculous parts like the mass eating orgie or the slaugterings after loosing the sense of hearing.
February 5, 2016
I was expecting a love story...yet I got much more than I bargained for...that feels like 28 Weeks Later with less gore...and in the end, it kinda make "sense"?
½ January 25, 2016
epic apocalypso poetry. oh ewan, still as wonderful as ever (aries sun/pisces venus, dangit). and I still need captions for ewan bremner! ^_^
January 18, 2016
Mugres críticos jodidos y arrogantes, esta película es C-H-I-D-A.
½ December 25, 2015
This is an excellent film. Interesting. Thoughtful and thought provoking. Not a light love story... and maybe not a date night movie.
½ December 6, 2015
A rare cinematic trip to Edinburgh is rewarded in this sci-fi tale of the end times that refeshingly offers a different spin on the proceedings: we lose our senses quite literally, and each, one at a time. Tying this all together is a love story of two wary and cynical career professionals who grudgingly take the plunge initially, but later discover their inherent need to unite. Mainly good stuff.
November 17, 2015
We are human because we evolved our senses, and the ability to use these as we wish. So much pain could be avoided if we decide to apply them for the best though - love, help, listening, reaching out for a friend in need or even for the people in need - either MINAS GERAIS (dem tragedy) ou PARIS (terrorists attacks). This could offer mankind more than 525600 minutes of SEASONS OF LOVE.
I offer this final scene to ilustrate how important is to see, not only to look at the others, walk their shoes and to listen what they had listened!
October 20, 2015
Came for the plot, stayed for Green. This film had so much potential I wish they had exploited it all. Still, good photography and music.
Robert B.
October 6, 2015
The Perfect Sense feels like it should have been a good movie but winds up not more than mediocre. The lead actress is a terrible fit for the role, her acting felt fake in a few key scenes and in others she seemed more a spoiled princess than an epidemiologist working hard on a cure to save the world. Besides that, the film was alright. The premise was interesting, the shooting was fine, and Ewan MacGregor's performance was believable. I must say, though, if you are going to make a movie about the end of the world and you want it to work, the audience has to have a good amount of sympathy for the characters.
September 27, 2015
I really liked this. A super interesting post apocalyptic loss of the senses wrapped up in a veiled love story. I think was was too enthralled by the idea of the worlds reaction to losing their senses one by one and what an interesting idea this was for me to find any flaws. Slow to start but it watches like an interesting scifi.