Perfect Sense - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Perfect Sense Reviews

June 21, 2017
A deeply spiritual love story that challenges us to be fully alive to the report of our senses and to live in the present moment which will never appear again. Amazing performances by Eva Green and Ewan McGregor !!!!
½ January 14, 2017
A rarity to stumble across a movie in which I do not find Eva Green's usual acting stiffness... unnecessary. In fact, I have only praise for the chosen cast since the, at times, lackluster chemistry between the two protagonists actually translates extremely well in terms of realism.

Now, about the film itself... Having only just recently watched the thematically similar, brilliant 'Blindness', I was not expecting Perfect Sense to have any sort of impact on me but good Zeus, it truly left me in jaw-dropping awe.

The bleak premise, the harrowing fear, the scorching anger are all eggshells on humanity's rotting floor -- but they don't come alone. In delicate balance, there is always hope tiptoeing around them, hope and the drive to move forward, maybe on instinct or feigned ignorance perhaps, but it's there, the need to not just survive but experience and live until life is no more.

An eroding world which could have surrendered in anarchy chooses to keep up the fight in structure, instead striving to clad itself with some semblance of normalcy through a bull-willed grip to the familiarity of old habits.

Ultimately, humanity ends in comfort.

Bearing in mind I don't usually go for melodrama -and through the emotive use of music and sound/color play this often borders on beautiful depression- it somehow connected to my every point, and to my every level Perfect Sense made just that; perfect sense.
½ December 23, 2016
Nice idea, poorly executed.
December 8, 2016
A weird completion of genres that is worth seeing on a rainy day, but nothing more. Perfect Sense is something that could have been amazing, but due to the odd music composition and rather boring dialogue, this one is a take it or leave it for me
½ November 7, 2016
McGregor and Green are genuinely captivating while living a frightening science fiction concept.
October 3, 2016
Loved this movie. So moving and sad. True love story.
½ October 1, 2016
The perfect example of a 2.5 star movie, the kind which leaves you asking, "Did I like it or actually kinda hate it?" The premise is interesting (humans losing their senses one by one), but hurt by its own awkward self-seriousness. Sometimes it's effectively sad, and sometimes it's just melodramatic & maudlin. At moments it's bitterly powerful (ending), and at others it's eye-rollingly on-the-nose (anytime McGregor loses his temper). A bold film whose boldness can't quite raise its quality above "meh".
September 19, 2016
well its... not exactly uplifting nor deep
August 22, 2016
The premise is very intriguing and an intelligent one, and there are some sequences that truly startled me. I love both Ewan McGregor and Eva Green and they do make an appealing couple whom you care on an emotional level. It's an interesting piece of work that is well-directed, well-thought out, and thought-provoking. Not a groundbreaking film, but it is an effectively spine-tingling film.
July 15, 2016
Just doesn't work. Eva Green's character has the opportunity of several lifetimes, since she is an epidemiologist, yet spends her days and night casually shacking up with Ewan McGregor's character. The disease progresses and the symptoms manifest in people simultaneously, despite the fact that they wouldn't have been infected at the same time.
½ June 11, 2016
Seemed like the more understandable, more global version of "Upstream Color"
It was lovely, I loved Eva Green in it & if it's at all possible I loved Ewan McGregor even more, I Absolutely loved all the scenes with Ewan's Bike, Every-Single-One, The Direction & the Narration at the very end was spectacular.
Max Richter - Luminous (OST) <3
May 4, 2016
Don't let the critics or general audience responses fool you. This movie is beautifully shot and has a lot to say about humanity. Eva Green and Ewan MacGregor are certainly easy to watch, as well.
April 10, 2016
Those looking for something like Andromeda Strain will be sorely disappointed, but the film's loving view of humanity as a whole and the very flawed characters in the film is touching, sometimes funny, and very powerful emotionally. This film is poetry. Some have called it bleak - for me it was just the opposite. By the end I felt happy and grateful. Forget the scores above - just see it.
½ April 7, 2016
The idea with an semi-apocalypse is new and has potential. And also the film could be much better if they would have avoid some ridiculous parts like the mass eating orgie or the slaugterings after loosing the sense of hearing.
February 5, 2016
I was expecting a love story...yet I got much more than I bargained for...that feels like 28 Weeks Later with less gore...and in the end, it kinda make "sense"?
½ January 25, 2016
epic apocalypso poetry. oh ewan, still as wonderful as ever (aries sun/pisces venus, dangit). and I still need captions for ewan bremner! ^_^
January 18, 2016
Mugres críticos jodidos y arrogantes, esta película es C-H-I-D-A.
½ December 25, 2015
This is an excellent film. Interesting. Thoughtful and thought provoking. Not a light love story... and maybe not a date night movie.
½ December 6, 2015
A rare cinematic trip to Edinburgh is rewarded in this sci-fi tale of the end times that refeshingly offers a different spin on the proceedings: we lose our senses quite literally, and each, one at a time. Tying this all together is a love story of two wary and cynical career professionals who grudgingly take the plunge initially, but later discover their inherent need to unite. Mainly good stuff.