Pink Floyd - The Wall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pink Floyd - The Wall Reviews

February 18, 2017
no matter how great the viewers expectations are
this movie will is gonna come out better
December 10, 2016
I've loved the album for years, but only recently got around to watching this movie. And what a movie it is!
October 29, 2016
The imagery are the symbols from the album by Gerlad Scarfe (who directed the animation) basically symbolises the meaning of each song. Which is why music is related to a common story, and Roger Waters wrote an incredible story of madness and feelings. Everybody gets driven into insanity when they build a shield in order to calm and keep feelings. This is what everybody should watch this film and music adaptations.
September 17, 2016
Overwrought, juvenile, misogynistic, self-indulgent, pretentious and unrelenting in its jaundiced cynicism, Pink Floyd The Wall is buoyed by a tremendous soundtrack and imagery that sears into your mind's eye. It takes both the strengths and weaknesses of the original album and blows them up to epic proportions, resulting in narcissism writ large. At its best, it is a darkly mythic reinterpretation of the rock-god dream; at its worst, its autobiographical elements create a confused hodgepodge of thematic elements that add up only to a laundry list of personal grievances. Still, it's spectacular in turns.
August 25, 2016
Includes some brilliant animation.
½ August 23, 2016
A little too unnecessarily psychedelic for me.
August 14, 2016
Just watched it again - I have no idea how many times that is over the last 34 years - it is a brilliant creation. Probably the last time a film was made without caring about placement.
August 12, 2016
When people think of musicals, they may think of Grease, Les Miserables, or Sound of Music. I'd like to think that 'Pink Floyd - The Wall' breaks the mold of the musical genre. Where some movies are dramatic and almost Shakespearean, this film is psychological and metaphorical. If you try and take this film literally you will be lost because it does immerse the audience into the mind of our main character as he slowly loses his sanity. Suffice to say, this film is DARK, it is GRIM, and these qualities only increase as the film goes on. There is a lot more going on in this film than most people give it credit for and it will change you.
½ August 7, 2016
Una obra única, con caracter, personalidad, mensaje, y que definitivamente no podría realizarse en este nuevo milenio.
July 22, 2016
Alan Parker's visual fusion with Pink Floyd's music, greatly supported by Gerald Scarfe's riotous animated hallucinations of death and despair, are a haunting excursion into the mind of an artist.
Film C.
½ June 25, 2016
The movie looks very suitable for the album what the songs mean in this film. The band is popular, the album is popular and the film is not popular enough. I wish this was available on Blu-Ray.
May 29, 2016
Pink Floyd: The Wall Movie is still, to this date, one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen and continues to leave me in awe everytime I watch it. It's an experience like no other to the point where words can't describe whether somebody would like it or not. Watch it for yourself and come away with your own take on the film. As a huge Pink Floyd fan myself, it's must see and own and goes down as one of the greatest cult musicals of all-time!
May 12, 2016
This dark and frightening film from Pink Floyd has some great visuals, great music, and some hard to watch footage. The film is disjointed and dark, just as you'd expect a Floyd movie to be. It is twisted. Some of the music changes are strange (Bob Geldof is a weird singer). and it doesn't flow as well as the album, but certain changes had to be made for a film version. I'll always prefer the live and album versions of the story (its a story that works better in abstracts I think), but when I popped this in again, I have to admit...the film is pretty good.
March 2, 2016
I haven't seen this film since I was 13 or 14, but I remember loving it and it has effected me profoundly. I still find the imagery in the film to be some of the best in all of cinema.
January 1, 2016
This film is the out-of-this world musical documentary was based on Roger Waters' life is examines in this film and based on the outstanding Pink Floyd's 1979 classic rock album, The Wall is comes to life in the feature film in 1982, Bob Geldof in his acting debut as Pink. The animation sequences well drawn by designer Gerald Scarfe was perfect and perfect direction by Alan Parker. Pink Floyd's songs from the album, The Wall was re-recorded and sounded ever better was produced by James Guthrie, the music producer of the original 1979 album with dramatic movie score. Outstanding!
December 25, 2015
A movie that is very hard to understand with several symbolic meanings which are difficult to get. The film's music is fantastic, especially for the Pink Floyd's fans.
September 21, 2015
While it has a brilliant soundtrack and amazing visuals, the movie's script is genuinely horrible and the acting is no better! C
½ September 8, 2015
Disturbing and beautiful at the same time, and of course, a stunning soundtrack.
September 6, 2015
Interesting visuals combined with a thought provoking story line. Erratic and hardly engaging though.
August 30, 2015
Brilliant directing, outstanding soundtrack, and powerful imagery combined with a highly metaphorical narrative makes this among my all time favorites