Pink Floyd - The Wall - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pink Floyd - The Wall Reviews

August 4, 2017
As nightmare inducing and insane as it is, The Wall is an immaculate character study and self-portrait. Its fully realized design and surreal images were far ahead of its time and have more in common with modern art cinema than anything else released during the 80s.
July 28, 2017
I've haven't seen Pink Floyd's The Wall in over a decade. I only remembered about the first fourth of the film because I dozed off during the rest, so I thought I rewatch it and give a critical analysis. And boy has my mind changed in these past years. The Wall made me sink into my couch with its thrilling creative visuals, the heart-wrecking soundtrack, and thought provoking metaphors that almost made my brain turn into mush. I'm still asking myself questions about the metaphors and they left such an imprint on my perspective on society. My mouth was literally wide open throughout the film, and I felt like my eyes were gonna pop out. Pink Floyd's The Wall is such an underrated masterpiece and has just become my favorite musical. It might even be the best musical ever made. This tale of conformity may be ugly, but there can be beauty lying in it.
July 11, 2017
Although its plot is somewhat confusing, Pink Floyd The Wall is filled with beautifully shot scenes, amazing animation sequences and epic songs.
½ July 8, 2017
How can you understand Pink Floyd The Wall if you don't take your LSD?
June 16, 2017
A truly amazing film that contributes to my personal favorite album of all time. Between the visuals and stunning animations I was stunned upon my first viewing, and it still Stuns me to this day. This is definitely not one to forget.
February 18, 2017
no matter how great the viewers expectations are
this movie will is gonna come out better
December 10, 2016
I've loved the album for years, but only recently got around to watching this movie. And what a movie it is!
October 29, 2016
The imagery are the symbols from the album by Gerlad Scarfe (who directed the animation) basically symbolises the meaning of each song. Which is why music is related to a common story, and Roger Waters wrote an incredible story of madness and feelings. Everybody gets driven into insanity when they build a shield in order to calm and keep feelings. This is what everybody should watch this film and music adaptations.
September 17, 2016
Overwrought, juvenile, misogynistic, self-indulgent, pretentious and unrelenting in its jaundiced cynicism, Pink Floyd The Wall is buoyed by a tremendous soundtrack and imagery that sears into your mind's eye. It takes both the strengths and weaknesses of the original album and blows them up to epic proportions, resulting in narcissism writ large. At its best, it is a darkly mythic reinterpretation of the rock-god dream; at its worst, its autobiographical elements create a confused hodgepodge of thematic elements that add up only to a laundry list of personal grievances. Still, it's spectacular in turns.
August 25, 2016
Includes some brilliant animation.
½ August 23, 2016
A little too unnecessarily psychedelic for me.
August 14, 2016
Just watched it again - I have no idea how many times that is over the last 34 years - it is a brilliant creation. Probably the last time a film was made without caring about placement.
August 12, 2016
When people think of musicals, they may think of Grease, Les Miserables, or Sound of Music. I'd like to think that 'Pink Floyd - The Wall' breaks the mold of the musical genre. Where some movies are dramatic and almost Shakespearean, this film is psychological and metaphorical. If you try and take this film literally you will be lost because it does immerse the audience into the mind of our main character as he slowly loses his sanity. Suffice to say, this film is DARK, it is GRIM, and these qualities only increase as the film goes on. There is a lot more going on in this film than most people give it credit for and it will change you.
½ August 7, 2016
Una obra única, con caracter, personalidad, mensaje, y que definitivamente no podría realizarse en este nuevo milenio.
July 22, 2016
Alan Parker's visual fusion with Pink Floyd's music, greatly supported by Gerald Scarfe's riotous animated hallucinations of death and despair, are a haunting excursion into the mind of an artist.
Film C.
½ June 25, 2016
The movie looks very suitable for the album what the songs mean in this film. The band is popular, the album is popular and the film is not popular enough. I wish this was available on Blu-Ray.
May 29, 2016
Pink Floyd: The Wall Movie is still, to this date, one of the weirdest movies I've ever seen and continues to leave me in awe everytime I watch it. It's an experience like no other to the point where words can't describe whether somebody would like it or not. Watch it for yourself and come away with your own take on the film. As a huge Pink Floyd fan myself, it's must see and own and goes down as one of the greatest cult musicals of all-time!
May 12, 2016
This dark and frightening film from Pink Floyd has some great visuals, great music, and some hard to watch footage. The film is disjointed and dark, just as you'd expect a Floyd movie to be. It is twisted. Some of the music changes are strange (Bob Geldof is a weird singer). and it doesn't flow as well as the album, but certain changes had to be made for a film version. I'll always prefer the live and album versions of the story (its a story that works better in abstracts I think), but when I popped this in again, I have to admit...the film is pretty good.
March 2, 2016
I haven't seen this film since I was 13 or 14, but I remember loving it and it has effected me profoundly. I still find the imagery in the film to be some of the best in all of cinema.
January 1, 2016
This film is the out-of-this world musical documentary was based on Roger Waters' life is examines in this film and based on the outstanding Pink Floyd's 1979 classic rock album, The Wall is comes to life in the feature film in 1982, Bob Geldof in his acting debut as Pink. The animation sequences well drawn by designer Gerald Scarfe was perfect and perfect direction by Alan Parker. Pink Floyd's songs from the album, The Wall was re-recorded and sounded ever better was produced by James Guthrie, the music producer of the original 1979 album with dramatic movie score. Outstanding!