Pollock - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pollock Reviews

½ July 29, 2016
What makes this movie is the performance by Sam Harris.
½ July 18, 2016
Dull, unfocused and slow-paced, Pollock lacks energy and an effective storyline.
June 17, 2016
Incomprehensible and just plain boring, the influential Jackson Pollock deserved a better movie than this.
½ May 14, 2016
Outstanding performances from Ed Harris & Marcia Gay Harden.
½ May 5, 2016
Well executed portrayal of the tortured, twisted, creative artist. Good period details and depiction of the creative process.
February 16, 2016
Jackson Pollock: Hardcore Alky. Abstract Expressionism = Absolutely brilliant. Not sure how I missed this film in 2000. What a triumph and for Art & what a tragedy for Pollock and his widow.
January 14, 2016
I am not a big art guy as I only like a select number of painters. Jackson Pollock was not one that was in my very small category. Upon watching Pollock I began to see more of the life of a painter and how outside influences can take a toll on a man, even famewise as well. Ed Harris and Marcia Gay Harden act out an intriguing relationship between Mr. Pollock here and Lee Krasner, and gives us a compelling biopic story.
The story focuses on Jackson Pollock's life in 40's, He was a talented painter but a bit of drunkard. It wasn't until Lee Krasner showed up at his door that his life suddenly got better but as his fame grew so did some old demons. The movie looks at the good and bad times of one of america's most prolific painters.
This is a film that is more than just a film on art but on a man who could kill his habits that made him a difficult individual to be around and deal with. Really interesting relationship between lee Krasner and Jackson Pollock. Krasner was I think just seemingly impressed and curious by him at first and then it turned into what many of you may already know about the two. tremendous chemistry between harris and harden. Nothing short of spectacular. Their argument scene near the end when he is mad drunk was just greatly acted. they need to do another film together
ed harris was superb here acting wise. I heard that this was a major passion project from him and I believe it. He really took the time to mold this character this man into his own portrayal and take and the results are just magnificent. All his inner struggles were so well portrayed. One of Ed Harris's most ambitious and well crafted performances to date. Marcia gay harden gave a sublime performance here. she was unique in the sense that she was straightforward with him but also knew she had a responsibility of keeping him on a narrow path so he could display his art to the world. However she finds out over time that he is one hell of a mess to try and keep together for so long
I was surprised to see Ed Harris was the director here, very nice job. very documentary like at times. Got to give props to the well written script here kudos to the two writers. the overall mood shows us that the film is a deep look into the man personally but also look into the brilliance of his talents
Pollock is fantastic biopic film that is really underated. Great job mr. Harris!
½ May 28, 2015
Harris really sinks his teeth into Pollock and the results are amazing.
May 26, 2015
"Is Picasso More Important Than Your Family?", A Line From This Bio-Pic That Really Sums Up The Message In The Story. Coming To Grips With Life, Critics & Personal Meaning As The Modern World Pressures The Art..Without His Partner, You'd Have To Wonder Where He'd Be...Lost In Gutter Somewhere Maybe.
½ May 3, 2015
The only problem I can think of in this film is we don't see much of Jackson Pollock as a person more or less seeing him as a struggling painter, but it doesn't do it's job poorly. Aside from that, Pollock is a wonderful biopic and Ed Harris does a really good job playing the famous American painter.
April 28, 2015
Though it lacks wide appeal beyond art fans, there is little to complain about in Pollock, which is a credit to its passionate creator Ed Harris, who turns in one of the most captivating performances of his long career.
February 7, 2015
Did NOT care for this film at all. Yeah, I get it, he was a tortured soul, but meh! Ed Harris is great and Marcia Gay Harden is a great actress, but meh! Each other them get a star...and that's about it.
August 29, 2014
Harris and Harden are outstanding. The music and the direction is very nice but overall it is kind of slow but the performances make up for that
August 24, 2014
A masterful tale about the most important artist in modern history is laid bare and in pitch perfect detail. Ed Harris engulfs himself in the role of this tortured artist and comes out as brilliant and radical as his genius paintings. Marcia Gay Harden is dynamic as artist Lee Krasner, conveying every scene between her and Harris as powerful and confronting. A must see to any art lover
½ August 12, 2014
mad man. but good film.
July 9, 2014
Sad, accurate, view of alcoholism, severe depression,and Jackson's beautiful art.
½ July 6, 2014
So the groundbreaking art of Jackson Pollock was brought about just as we suspected: he accidentally dripped paint on his canvas.

This movie could have been brilliant if it chose the right protagonist: Jackson Pollock's wife Lee Krasner. Marcia Gay Harden's performance made her character more relevant than anything Jackson did on this screen. This movie offered nothing in the way of narrative or insight into the abstract work of Pollock, and the poor script contributed to a giant waste of time. It wasn't a layered look at mental illness, nor was it an examination of modern art. Besides Harden, nothing, and I mean nothing in this movie is worth watching.
May 6, 2014
Vigo Mortenson at his finest!
April 19, 2014
Cuántos problemitas que tenía este muchacho... pero qué belleza sus cuadros. Interesante película, muy buena actuación de Ed Harris.
Y si alguien gusta regalarme One: Number 31, tengo una pared en casa en donde quedaría buenísimo.