Pompeii Reviews

• 6d ago

Totally worth the watch if you are a history buff, action advent’ lover, or big budget popcorn film lover.

• Feb 13, 2020

This movie is in no way a historical drama. It's a sword clashing action thriller. But if you are interested in Pompeii: take to the history books.

• Dec 30, 2019

Unless you want to see more of Kit Harrington's abs than what you got the see in Game of Thrones, there seems to be no reason to see this movie. It looked like a bad remake of Titanic. If you havent seen Titanic, maybe this movie's worth a try.

• Nov 03, 2019

I loved the cultural and historical context of the movie combined with thrilling action and romantic undertones!

• Oct 01, 2019

A lot better than people say. Has some great visuals and cgi, pretty solid action, decent acting, and a good villian (Sutherland), who I think is very underrated in this role.

• Jun 30, 2019

The script brings down the rest of the film immensely, and the movie suffers as a slog until the volcanic eruption helps add some much needed drama and suspense to the movie. The performances are decent, nothing to write home about. The set peices are beautiful and the CGI is really strong. Recommended as a time passer and nothing more.

• Jun 25, 2019

A proper adaptation of E. B. Lytton´s "The last days of Pompeii" would have probably delivered the better script. The technology driven distruction of Pompeii was worth seeing of course. But a film full of banalities just to frame Vesuvius´s eruption?

• Jun 24, 2019

While it is not unwatchable, it certainly is not worth going out of your way to watch it. A very bland and unexciting story, combine with some flat acting and decent disaster affects to make a run of the mill sword and sandal flick with a volcanic eruption at the end. Nothing more than an afternoon time waster.

• May 29, 2019

I loved the movie! We all know it's something that really did happen in history and I liked the story they linked into it!

• Feb 19, 2019

This review will be brief.. Is it possible to give a movie a negative score out of a possible 10? Minus 7 out of 10