RBG Reviews

• Apr 22, 2019

An interesting and thorough review of the Justice.

An interesting and thorough review of the Justice.

• Mar 23, 2019

Delving into the cheeky feminist pop culture icon of her granddaughter's generation, much of the pizzazz of this Oscar nominee for Best Documentary Feature exudes from the eponymous Supreme Court Justice's witty humour, fiery advocacy against gender discrimination and notorious dissents.

• Mar 21, 2019

CNN's Oscar nominated documentary about Ruth Bader Ginsburg or the Notorious RBG as she's nicknamed by her younger fans, is an articulate and fascinating account of the rise of the Supreme Court judge from her humble beginnings as a female Harvard law student juggling family life and work to iconic champion of female rights and equality before the law as she seeks to dismantle unconstitutional laws that discriminate on the basis of gender. Perfectly in sync with Felicity Jones' On The Basis Of Sex, a dramatic re-enactment that covers events that this film does not go into, the two pieces complements each other but this documentary certainly is the better of the two, as its scope and analysis are more comprehensive, bringing us all the way to the Trump presidency. Using her confirmation hearing as a launch pad, we see how her legal career develops across the decades but this is also a portrait of a marriage of over 50 years, with the amazingly understandable and humorous Marty, and it is as much about that as it is about her legal triumphs and her ultimate ascension to one of the top jobs in law. Made up of home videos and interviews with both RBG, and the people around her including her family, friends and famous faces from the political arena, this is a sweet and tender and more importantly, timely documentary about a crucially important figure that is much admired in our troubled times.

• Mar 10, 2019

Great presentation!!! I thought this was going to be a movie with acting instead of a documentary!!! I love it though!!! I love how you were able to see a side of Ms. Ruth that you would never get to see unless you were someone close to her!!!

• Mar 08, 2019

The two-and-a-half stars are for Ruth and her story. However, I don't know what the filmmakers were thinking with this movie. It just seemed her life events randomly strung together and it didn't form a cohesive film. It unfortunately had no flow.

• Mar 08, 2019

No hay dude que su legado es maravilloso pero a nivel de documental no terminó de emocionarme completamente

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Mar 01, 2019

I can't help think that the information presented here is a bit stuffed together without that much fluidness from one topic to the next, but still this is a solid documentary about a truly remarkable woman who won't step down because she knows how important her fight is.

• Feb 23, 2019

An inspiring portrait of how someone who is introverted and shy can still have a huge voice and platform and create real change through hard work, intelligence and determination.

• Feb 21, 2019

7.6/10. 2-20-2019

7.6/10. 2-20-2019

• Feb 20, 2019

I'll say this much right off the bat. Most people know I don't necessarily like documentaries. It's not saying I haven't enjoyed some in the past, but a lot of times I'm more into narrative stories that take me away from real life. This is probably why i barely passed my documentary class at Cal during my times as a film studies major. Anywho RBG is an entertaining film about U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. I gotta say I'm not really into politics either lately (I'm a real winner I know), but I will say this much RBG is quite an interesting lady. The movie goes over how she's immensely popular and the impact she's had on many cases. The film dives into her life when she's young all the way to present day. I really came to appreciate her much more after seeing this and have a lot more knowledge of who she is. The film does an excellent job of portraying her and showing off who she really is. By the end of the film she's definitely a person that you would probably want to have a coffee with and just talk to. It has some very good moments and while it shows just one side of everything I never felt like it took away from anything else. The movie plays it very safe though and avoids a lot of controversial topics it could have hit upon. Regardless, it's a well paced movie that will leave you more appreciative of a very important person in US politics today.