Red Dragon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Red Dragon Reviews

April 10, 2017
A vast improvement over the 1986 version of Manhunter. Effectively scary with Anthony Hopkins again in the role he plays so well. It's the kind of movie that still creeps you out hours after you've seen it. (First viewing - Summer 2006)
March 20, 2017
Terrible and boring. Norton is not a good actor (his performances in every film he's done are the same), Ralph Fiennes and Hopkins are completely over the top in their roles. Nowhere near as good as 'Manhunter'
March 13, 2017
Edward Norton & Anthony Hopkins in the same film...what could possibly go wrong?
Not much... I enjoyed it, good performances from all & a twisty plot that keeps your heart pumping.
February 1, 2017
A rivetting sequel/prequel by Brett Ratner. Starring Edward Norton, Ralph Fiennes and Anthony Hopkins
December 29, 2016
É sempre bom voltar a ver Anthony Hopkins como Hannibal Lecter, mas neste filme, pouco faz. A cena de abertura (um flashback) é o mais interessante, de resto, nunca sai da sua cela. As personagens principais são Edward Norton (bom trabalho embora não ter tido que se esforçar demasiado) e Ralph Fiennes (o melhor no filme, com uma presença intimidante e credível). É uma prequela que não chega nem perto do que foi Silêncio dos Inocentes, mas agradável o suficiente para um casual e bom para fãs.
December 19, 2016
Considerably full of bad acting (Norton) or but directing, honestly I cannot tell...
½ December 4, 2016
Very true to novel, my only complaint would be that its constructed in a manner that reads as slightly repetitive.
½ November 20, 2016
An entertaining thriller but very much treads the same territory as Silence Of The Lambs and therefore doesn't add much as a prequel. It's good but not one to linger in the memory as Lambs does/did.
November 1, 2016
great movie with an awesome story and numerous memorable scenes. great acting and an awesome villain. intriguing throughout. loved the directing. this movie is pretty much perfect (2 viewings)
½ October 20, 2016
Reliving Hannibal. The only thing I hated from Rattner's treatment is the ponytail on Lecter from the dinner shot, otherwise its better seen so many years later -- oh, if only the mighty Hannibal would eat them free range rude like Donald Trump.
½ September 29, 2016
Watched 'Red Dragon' again tonight for the first time in some years, and I was rather impressed. I recall liking it on the first viewing, but I enjoyed it just as much this time, if not more. All the cast play their respective roles very well, but of course Anthony Hopkins shines as the intelligent but insane and creepy Hannibal Lecter, and Ralph Fiennes is equally brilliant as the primary 'Red Dragon' villain.

'Red Dragon' is also well paced and proves Brett Ratner is a capable director given the right material and careful effort. It's a shame that he hasn't succeeded in making more films of this quality. I watched this on Blu Ray, and one other thing to note here is that the picture quality is strong, but the audio design in particular is executed very nicely at just the right cinematic moments and sounds good in surround. 4.5/5
September 27, 2016
Good movie. With disturbing scenes, and great acting.
September 5, 2016
4 stars. A very good film. Characters portrayed well.
July 21, 2016
1991's The Silence Of The Lambs Is One Of My Favorite Films.
July 19, 2016
As scary as any of the others in the series.
July 19, 2016
God I wish something like this would have a 'cinematic universe' like the Marvel films. Because that's what it essentially is. It's a prequel to Silence of the Lambs, with many of the same charters, but with a different killer. I would love to see more movies like this in the same universe. Great acting, a terrifying and sympathetic villain, and great visuals. Please more of this.
July 15, 2016
Ray Fiennes and Anthony Hopkins produce good material. Some parts seem slow and dreary, but that is Manhunter AHEM! Red dragon!
½ June 4, 2016
I would have to say this movie is better than 'Hannibal'. Everything is great even though it is like 'Silence of the Lambs'.
June 2, 2016
Brilliant, transformative psychological drama. Anthony Hopkins is startlingly creepy, yet sharp as Hannibal.
May 21, 2016
It feels very old for a 2002 movie. I can imagine it would be better if you haven't seen the TV show Hannibal. Anthony Hopkins was obviously good, but they didn't use him very much, and when they did use him, he just felt like a pawn, like something they used to bring people in to seeing the movie. Edward Norton is a good actor, but I have seen the TV show and I just think Hugh Dancy is better! All the supporting cast was pretty forgettable, except Jack Crawford was a little better, and the actor playing him was good, but obviously Laurence Fishburne is better. Even if you haven't seen the show, just knowing Fishburne is in it and plays Crawford is enough. This is a good crime thriller, but just an alright "Hannibal Lecter" movie, and obviously not superior to the excellent Silence of the Lambs! But I did like this movie overall. It didn't feel too long, but it could have been shorter. I think my favorite part is the last scene, it really ties into Silence of the Lambs, and makes it feel like the first in a series, or I guess technically a prequel since it came out after. Definitely worth watching if you liked Lambs, or if you're fans of Norton or Hopkins!