Replicas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Replicas Reviews

January 18, 2019
Great movie! the movie entertained me throughout the entire film.
½ January 18, 2019
I'm pretty sure most of the bad reviews come from people who couldn't take the intensity of the first 3/4 of the film. I know the folks sitting next to me couln't take it. They left. Unfortunately that's when the film really started getting good. IMO, it's a must see for any science fiction fans.
January 18, 2019
Loved it from the beginning to the end. Lots of action. Realistic ideas
½ January 18, 2019
This movie is awful. Honestly. I don't understand how it was made with big name actors and a budget. The writing. The writing is terrifying. The acting is as if no one wanted to try hard.
½ January 18, 2019
at least it was better than any transformers movie
January 18, 2019
I LOVED this movie. Really really well-written. I think the people on here who think it's cheesy or bad don't realize how close it is to being reality. A+, really cool vision of the future.
½ January 18, 2019
I love me some Reeves, but this was cliche to a whole new bland level. Some flat performances, too much bark, minor bite.
Better than expected
January 17, 2019
Keanu‚(TM)s character was already reprimanded by his wife at the beginning of the film for being robotic, as his performances usually gets pandered as such, I can see why he volunteered to star in this movie. I mean he seemed more upset when his dog died in ‚John Wick‚? than he did erasing the memory of his youngest daughter in this film (I don‚(TM)t care if he slept with her unicorn through the night!).
Alice Eve looked great, I kind of wanted to see more of her body than just a silhouette of her ass. The basis of the film was off of one man‚(TM)s selfish decision to bring his family back from death through the basis of clone technology. I was disappointed to see that when his family came back from the grave that they did not oright kill themselves since the wife In the film believed the resurrection work to be an outright ‚abomination‚?.
I loved the Puerto Rican scenery but it was fitting for the movie to end in Abu Dhabi as I felt that this film was just a low budget advertisement for those in support of the transhumanist movement out of the fear of their own inevitable mortality.
½ January 17, 2019
Poorly written and acted, with some pretty ridiculous dialogue. Only found any enjoyment in this because of it's absurdity. Early contender for worst of the year.
*AMC A List #61
January 17, 2019
Great movie! didn't have enough trailers.
January 16, 2019
im a fan of keanu reeves and to me this was a good movie,for sure the effects were not Hollywood budget but i enjoyed it. i find the movie better then the last jedi even if the last jedi got a higher rating and had a bigger budget,but at the end of the day i do not care about the ratings i care about the experience and not everyone gets the same experience for movies but personally love this one.ive seen movies that have low ratings like MEG and many other movies but i end up enjoying them more then some mainstream big budget movies.and sometimes its the other way around.
January 16, 2019
There are plenty of possibilities where the plot could have gone to make this movie interesting. Too bad, it swerved away from nearly all of them. Keanu Reeves is as wooden as ever and one feels as though he made this just for a paycheck. Either that or he lost a bet. The whole thing falls flat.
January 16, 2019
The movies was alright for a sci fi film, was a few scenes with pointless jabbering and some quick robot(graphics) that were laughable and cheap. but the rest was a "alright" Scifi.
January 16, 2019
Although I liked this movie somewhat better than I thought I would, that still doesn't mean it was a good movie. This movie is guilty of a huge number of plot holes, dumb thoughtless dialogue and stealing ideas from better movies in order to make a thoroughly forgettable & unintentionally funny movie. For me this movie falls into the forgettably bad category, not the "so bad it's good" category. Too bad, this movie could have been better and more interesting.
½ January 16, 2019
If the actors were any more enthused about their roles, they'd win awards for most heartless performance.
January 16, 2019
In an imagined Seinfeld episode with special guest star Keanu Reeves - Jerry:"You have to agree the premise is GOOD". George:"Intriguing". Kramer:"It blew my mind right out of the theatre!" Elaine:"mmm... luv that robot at the end!" Keanu:"Hey dudes, need the dough to queue up and see a doc at the E.R. after breaking my hand signing autographs while riding the subway!" And that explains the movie.
½ January 16, 2019
I loved this movie! It was mind-bending and suspenseful.
½ January 15, 2019
I enjoyed it! At first, the other scores & reviews scared me - especially those that applauded the first half of the movie but indicated that the second half of the movie missed the mark. As a fan of sci-fi thrillers, I was able to follow the movie from start to finish. The plot twist heading into the third act is where everything shifts - and also the likely spot when many other moviegoers would disengage. Another factor that contributed to my 3.5 star rating was the visual effects and CGI animation. The "Minority Report"-esque screen display and "scrubbing" sequences were first class & reminded me of "The Avengers" quality when Robert Downey, Jr. works in his lab as Tony Stark. On the other hand, the robot in "I, Robot" from more than 15 years ago looked better than the robot used in this movie. However. at its core, it was still a superb thriller with an original concept that helps Keanu Reeves to further diversify his resume of acting roles at this stage of his career. Alice Eve also did an amazing job in her supporting role as his wife. I look forward to seeing this movie again perhaps when it is released on Digital HD.