Repo Man - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Repo Man Reviews

½ April 25, 2018
Deliciously hilarious and invigorating fun. Alex Cox seems like he's having a blast at every moment crafting this strange mashup of so many types of movie genres and cartoonish cast of characters. It's really the quick conversational moments that elevate the film above giddy 80s trash to something more iconic in its cult lover appeal.
April 2, 2018
Man that was boring.
½ March 29, 2018
Pretty darn entertaining. Interesting atmosphere.
½ November 21, 2017
slightly overrated, but well worth it it's cult status, Repo Man is a curious movie about one man's new job as a car repossessor and his quest to seize a car that may be possessed by aliens, or something. As a matter of fact, it's really hard to follow along what the hell is going on.. I was just taking it all in as it went. Saying that, the film started to get a little wearying 3/4 of the way through.
November 18, 2017
My favorite movie ever.
October 23, 2017
One could say this movie is many genres and things jumbled up into one. Whatever it is, it definitely isn't boring. This movie is one of the most random, cooky, and outlandish out there. But it's great. It covers a lot of important themes.
October 16, 2017
Characters that jump off of the screen. A plot so far fetched that even the most serious of watchers will crack a smile. Off the wall, exciting, and with killer tunes to boot. You'll be eager to grab a white and blue beverage after the show. A cult classic!
October 14, 2017
A little bit of everything, and it is so much fun. All the performances are great, and Harry Dean Stanton is wonderful.
September 17, 2017
An all time great film..... watching it again out of respect for Harry Dean Stanton.
September 16, 2017
Repo Man is one of my favorite films from the 1980s. I was reminded of it today, when Harry Dean Stanton died. His character was one of the best things about this movie, which defies genres. Its inventive mashup of cars, aliens, rock music and a critique of consumerism is unequaled. I can't imagine any major studio green-lighting something like this, today. A must-see.
September 15, 2017
"Repo Man" is certainty a quirky movie, full of fun characters great dialogue, and an awesome soundtrack. Well worth watching.
½ September 3, 2017
Repo Man is everything a punk rock movie should be... philosophical, anti-establishment, and nonsensical. This film deserves its glorious cult status.
July 6, 2017
Classic cult film. The life of a repo man is always intense!
½ June 28, 2017
There's something that just felt off throughout the whole movie. It wasn't necessarily pacing, but more like all the scenes just sort of moved from one to the next without the characters or me caring about what was happening. Maybe I just dont understand the 80's punk lifestyle but the Emilio Estevez seems more bored than angry throughout the movie. Listen to any interview with Henry Rollins or Jello Biafra and you'll see what I mean, I dont know maybe I'm just missing the point of some of the stylistic choices..

Anyways the music can be pretty great at times, and the extremely tongue in cheek satire is appreciated.
June 22, 2017
Though this science fiction comedy film has plenty of originality and wackiness going for it while being hardly boring however it all came across as bit too forced and there weren't enough laughs. It does have a decent cast though, I like the score/soundtrack and the action is decent.
½ June 20, 2017
I always wanted to see this when I was a kid because I was a huge Estevez/Sheen fan in the late 80s, early 90s. I was always too young to see it and then I forgot about it. THANK YOU HBO NOW! This movie is out there and it was released in 1984 a banner year for classics, cult or otherwise. I miss Emilio but I know his lack of screen time is his choice. The man is definitely the more talented of Martin Sheen's two sons and most certainly the more sane one. Emilio and Charlie ruled the 80s, as they should have. This movie is funny as hell, cleverly written and expertly directed by Alex Cox. I highly recommend it to anyone. There is nothing like it.
June 12, 2017
The consensus is wrong, because it's barely "an alien-invasion film, a punk-rock musical, a send-up of consumerism." One thing it is, is boring. HIGHLY disappointing.
May 20, 2017
I can't think of a better film.
May 19, 2017
It's hard to think of another movie like this. So much fun, quotable lines, good soundtrack, and Harry Dean Stanton is awesome as always.
½ April 23, 2017
An engaging suburban punk begins to find meaning in his life after becoming a repo man. L.A. has never looked more desolate yet the movie is colourful and entertaining rather than dreary. Emilio Estevez is perfect as the wide-eyed protagonist Otto, and Harry Dean Stanton is the embodiment of world-weariness as his chief mentor, Bud. Perhaps the quitessential cult movie.